The Narcissistic Covenant

THE NARCISSISTIC COVENANT

There is a covenant which exists between you and I, between our kind and your kind. It is not necessary for you to provide consent to this covenant in order for it to be binding. You do not know that this covenant exists but it does. Its terms govern the relationship between us and you, whether you are entangled with the Lesser of our kind, the Mid-Range or the Greater. It matters not. The covenant applied from the moment that we selected you to be our victim. There are ten parts to this covenant and they reflect the mind set and attitude of our kind towards you and how you and I interact. There is little doubt that in looking back at your entanglement with us you will recognise certain elements of this but whilst you were very much in our grip, you would have no idea that these were the terms which governed our treatment of you.

1. You were chosen

Our ensnaring of you might have been portrayed as chance, a piece of serendipity but it was not. You were chosen to be our victim. The Lesser will have instinctively recognised your potential without knowing why. The Mid-Range will have applied some thought to the process, potentially dismissing less favourable candidates. The Greater identified you, monitored you and then moved in for the “kill”. In every instance you were chosen.

1. You belong to us

You are an object to us. An appliance. Therefore, we are able to assert proprietary rights over you just as we would with some other kind of object or chattel. Since we own you, we choose what to do with you, without recourse to you or anybody else. This is our inalienable right.

1. You exist solely for our purposes

We are the centre of your world, the heart of your universe and at all times everything that you do should be focused on us, for our benefit and advancement. You do not exist for your family. You do not exist for our children. You do not exist for your friends, colleagues, fellow members of a club or congregation. We are all that matters to you.

1. This is forever

This covenant lasts for ever. In our minds it is one that exists in perpetuity for we do not wish to contemplate our own demise and care nothing for yours, other than it inconveniencing us by the interruption to our supply of fuel. This relationship transcends all others. You may have told us that you do not wish to be “with us” any longer. You may have broken off the engagement or divorced us. In our mind all that you have done is end the Formal Relationship which is something that people lesser than our kind engage in with one another and that which we accede to for the sake of fitting in. In our minds our relationship exists beyond this Formal Relationship. This is the Narcissistic Relationship and means we remain entitled to effect the terms of this covenant against you at all times until your last breath or our last breath.

1. This is totalitarian

There is no limit to our power over you. We are entitled to and we will exercise our right to, govern every facet of your life, interfere in everything that you do, monitor you and control you in order to achieve our aims. You must accept that you are entirely subservient to us.

1. You cannot end this covenant

You have no rights under this covenant. You cannot bring about its unilateral termination. Indeed, it cannot be ended at all. You are not able to state that its terms are inapplicable to you, that it has no jurisdiction or effect over you. Such protestations are invalid.

1. We owe you nothing

We are entitled to do as we please without challenge, question or restraint. We have no obligation to do anything for you. We have no compulsion to act in your interests, have regard to your opinion, your feelings or your desires. If we do so, it will only be for the advancement of our position.

1. Fuel provision is paramount

The provision of fuel is above all else. This is in terms of what you must provide to us and also in allows us to seek fuel from other sources, whenever we deem necessary and howsoever we choose. Concepts of fidelity and monogamy are null and void with regard to this part of the covenant. Issues of protocol and etiquette and meaningless.

1. The Ends Justifies the Means

The covenant grants us carte blanche to do what is necessary for our purposes. This is supported by our concept of total entitlement and the fact that we have no accountability, culpability or blameworthiness for any of our actions. Whatever needs to be done will be done to ensure the furtherance of our agenda, aims and needs.

1. We are the Victim

We are the victim in all of this. This is why the covenant exists by reason to compensate us for all of the outrageous injustices, misfortunes, unfairness and hardships that this cruel and feckless world has meted out to us.

12 thoughts on “The Narcissistic Covenant

1. Fox James says:

I find it interesting that most of these appear titillating to those who enjoy being a Sub (at times). Yet the only thing that appears ‘cold’ and unappealing is #7. Where does that thought come from?

2. wildviolet22 says:

A little off topic, but I read the title as being “Narcissistic Convent”. I was just talking to some people about Catholic school. We moved, so I ended up going to public school for most of my school years, but I still went to Religious Ed at a Catholic school where I knew people who went there K-8th. Some of those nun teachers were so crazy and abusive, and took their rage out on those (mostly) boys, that to this day (grown men in their 40s now) you can hear the fear and bitterness in their voices when they talk about their experiences. Talk about Narc Central :/.

Regarding my own person- he was a victim narc, and no matter how emotionally abusive, or how big of an a**hole he was, in his mind his behavior was justified. Which is what I remind myself of when I having passing thoughts about his behavior, in that I dodged a bullet by getting out when I did.

I know someone who has been dealing with her victim lesser narc for years now, and the changes in her have been slow and steady. It reminds me of when you hear stories about people who were slowly poisoned, and people were able to see how sick they were, but they didn’t know what was wrong with them and still alive, but the affects were obvious to those around them. She’s deep in her addiction and won’t listen to reason. It’s sad, and frightening. And all the more reason to stay away from my own narc, it’s so easy to get lost in that (which I was for 2 years).

3. Fiddleress says:

“This is totalitarian”: thanks for the reminder. This sums up all the reasons I have to stay away, and explains why I always escaped.

HG, what happens if it is the empath who makes the first move when they first meet, by talking first to the narcissist for instance? Would that put him off because he would see it as a way of controlling him?

No, that would be a Hoover Trigger and then the narcissism would determine how that appliance would be controlled and most likely that would be with benign manipulations, subject to other considerations.

4. lickemtomorrow says:

Well, the first and the last stood out in particular to me.

“You were chosen”

I definitely understand that now, and could still kick myself at times for putting myself in that position.

He had been watching me, and when he suggested eventually that he had been ‘loving’ me from afar, I took it as a compliment.

The fact I hadn’t sought him out in any way made me believe he was sincere. I wasn’t looking for a relationship, and suddenly one seemed to drop right into my lap. Heaven sent apparently. Hell sent according to the image.

“We are the victim”

Well, we know that’s not true.

1. Fiddleress says:

Same here, lickemtomorrow: I wasn’t looking for a relationship (and told him so), and I too thought it was heaven sent.
      He said he wasn’t looking for a relationship either, but I suppose he was just mirroring me in saying this.

1. lickemtomorrow says:

Hi Fiddleress, don’t know if I’m glad or sorry I’m not the only one to buy into that idea!

Yes, I’d like to ask HG if narcs ever play that card (e.g. I wasn’t looking for a relationship) as a way of mirroring their ‘prey’.

And is it possible some narcs, after making their first move, realize expressing some kind of reluctance to enter a relationship is more likely to draw some empaths in as opposed to love bombing them?

The love bombing is such a common theme, but I wonder if there is a variant on that depending on the empath and the narcs awareness around that.,

5. Veronique Trimble says:

How do we stay under the radar

You cannot. What do you do is learn how to recognise our kind and ensure you have low emotional thinking so you act on the recognition when we approach, by evading us.

6. Witch says:

Nice image, have you been listening to black metal lately?

Lately, aircraft engines and the wind.

1. Witch says:

Bump this really loud, it might appeal to your dark heart