Meghan Markle : A Less Than Royal Narcissist : Part 16

12 thoughts on “Meghan Markle : A Less Than Royal Narcissist : Part 16

1. Fieke says:

So pleased to have followed this series about mrs Meghan Markle. Once you see, you can’t go back and it is so fitting. So unfortunately ( and well played) that anyone disagreeing with the staged ‘poor me’ act is now considered a racist and therefore can hardly speak up.

She is fooling nations! Sure she is not a greater? I am amazed by all what is happening. Tapping into Harry’s depression, wanting even his attention thats directed towards his passed mother. And on and on it goes , even wearing simular dresses as the interview with princess D. How to make people see?

Pity Plays. Never used by Greaters.

2. Violetta says:

One of the blogs following the unraveling of the Meghan Markle myth posted the following comment about her continually manufactured drama:

“A narc needs her fuel.”

Not only is this an indication whose terminology is increasingly being utilized, but on a personal level, I think I finally grasp why “fuel” is more evocative than “Narcissistic Supply.” Supply makes it sound desirable but not mandatory: Fuel makes it clear that the Narcissist simply cannot operate without it.

Good to read.

Narcissistic supply tells you nothing. It is a clumsy and useless phrase. What is it? What does it do? Where does it come from?

Fuel tells you exactly what it does, it powers. Yes, you need to read more to understand what constitutes fuel (fortunately there is a brilliant book available which does that) but the term is neat and encapsulates precisely what it is and how it is out lifeblood.

1. Violetta says:

I have Fuel, as well as a number of other titles from the Knowledge Vault, but somehow, it was only after the NDC on my co-worker that a significant portion of the dynamic clicked into place. Maybe part of the epiphany was how obvious her ploys were, once I knew what to look for, and how obvious it also was that many of them would backfire. Why would someone sabotage her career in the long run just to take control in the moment? Because she has to, of course. Because she isn’t engineered to do anything else. This is her neurological design.

Seeing the analysis applied to public figures has the advantage that we may have more perspective on politicians or H’wood types we don’t know. We’ll more readily admit they might be narcs than that brand-new dream romance we just met. Seeing it applied to someone we know, however, allows us to fit seemingly random behaviors into a pattern. My NDC noted that GrinchLady “triangulates me with objects,” and I’ve caught her doing it ever since: with furniture, with supplies, even with the hand cream by the sink. Even when she succeeds in annoying me, sometimes I have to suppress a laugh at how blatant her attempts are.

3. Colliegirl says:

After the mobbing and abuse allogations now I know Markle and Harry didn’t leave UK to live freely or because they were tired with British media and Royal family but because of what she has done. She is running away because she is afraid of jail. Simple as that.

4. Another Cat says:

Googling at old photos of Wallis Simpson and prince Edward a hundred years ago, having learnt through Tudor University about Middle Midrange Type A narcissists and what they look like on photos, their behaviourisms, the stare, I can’t help thinking that this is just history repeating itself.

1. Violetta says:

Wallis knew how to dress.

1. Another Cat says:

I bet she did, but she also seems like a Middle Mid Type A, if I read her story correctly, and observed her gaze right.

Caveat for both stories:

When a man and a woman marries, I think they have the right to choose to live close to her family, not necessarily to his.

Marriage is a gender equal institution imo.

He can take her family name.

(I do however understand that a king/queen will need to live in the country which they are leading)

1. Violetta says:

If she was one, I suspect she was higher-functioning than Megs. She once said, “I’m not a beautiful woman. I’m nothing to look at, so the only thing I can do is dress better than anyone else,” a realistic assessment Megs could never utter (unless she was trying to milk pity, and I doubt she would use that aspect). There are indications she never wished to marry David, but rather wanted to be his maitresse en titre,, possibly giving her more actual power (as with Barbara Castlemaine or Athenais de Montespan).

I give this (possibly apocryphal) sample of her wit: on a US visit, she pronounced “schedule” the British way, with “sh” instead of “sk.” Her friend reminded her that it wasn’t pronounced that way in America, and Wallis supposedly replied, “Oh, skit! Great shot! We’re home again.”

If true, Megs wasn’t a patch on Wallis’ mole.

5. lickemtomorrow says:

This was an excellent rundown, HG. I enjoyed listening to it.

1. MP says: