Death

DEATH

It is fair to state somewhat euphemistically that death is an inconvenience for everyone. In respect of my kind and me, it causes all manner of problems and issues which are especially irksome. Death generally only affects people in two respects. Their own death and the death of other people. Our responses to those two aspects are far-removed from that of the reactions of ordinary people and especially those of an empathic nature.

First of all, how do we regard the death of someone else. The demise of a stranger causes to response from us unless we realise that in order to maintain the façade that it would be advantageous to say “the right things” and come out with those empty platitudes that people do so often when they read of a tragedy somewhere. When this happens and somebody makes mention of some loss of life, perhaps the drowning of a toddler who was not being properly supervised and fell into a bath or the consequence of an aeroplane crashing, I observe the reactions of the collective with interest. There are the expressions of shock, the declarations of horror and how this is such a terrible event. As I watch and listen I do wonder who the greater charlatans are in this event. Is it me who does not care and cannot care but pretends to do so in order to maintain my precious façade or is it those who claim to care about somebody they never knew and would never have known?

If the death of someone is closer to home, a friend or a family member then my reaction is no different save that it is laced with irritation and indeed often anger at the loss of someone who was a source of fuel for me. If that person forms a supplementary source, then there is irritation at this loss but this person can readily be replaced with a new member rising to form part of my coterie. If the person who has been lost to the hand of the grim reaper is a primary source of fuel, then I am consumed with fury. How could this person treat me in this fashion? I gave them everything and then they leave me in the most complete fashion, with no chance of that sweet, sweet restoration. This departure amounts to a criticism of me, a reminder that even someone as great and powerful as I was unable to prevent the removal of a potent source of fuel. Thus this criticism ignites my fury and I rage at the injustice of their death. Some who witness this might mistake this response for an outburst of grief at the taking of this person. It is not that. It is the explosion of wrath at someone who was so potent to me escaping me and thus denying me my rightful fuel and denying me the opportunity to put in place a replacement. I do not mourn their passing away. I rage at the passing of my fuel source.

Do not expect to see me attend the funerals of those that are regarded as supposedly close to me and where my attendance might otherwise be expected. I will not be there. I know there are those of our kind who revel in the drama and the high emotion that is attached to a funeral and regard it as a honey pot for the acquisition of fuel. There are those of our kind who will hijack the occasion and make it all about them, wailing and shedding those false tears in order to draw well-meant sympathy from the other attendees. There are those of our kind who will create a scene at the funeral, arriving late, arriving drunk, collapsing part way through the service, making a snide remark in a loud stage whisper in order to draw reactions from everyone else that is there. Yes, many of our kind will attend and exhibit their over-acted grief purely to draw attention to themselves and away from the person who is now lying in the cold, hard ground. Our kind will express their huge sense of loss, how the deceased was such a wonderful father, caring mother, beloved uncle or best friend. Such a shameless performance which is carefully choreographed in funereal black to maximise the opportunity to have the spotlight shine on them and thus drink up all the attendant fuel. A disagreement will be provoked with another family member and harsh words exchanged. Over the top blubbing will take place with cries of “Don’t leave me!” as the coffin is lowered. The occasion of death and the attended ceremony provides a wonderful stage to our kind to perform our sick routines to make it all about us, fashioned from the pretence of actually caring. We do not care. We cannot care. We resent the fact that this person has escaped us. We resent the fact that everybody is turning out to pay their respects to the deceased and not training their attention onto us which is where it should belong. Should you ever witness melodrama at a funeral do not mistake it for the exaggerating effects of grief and loss, you are observing one of our kind milking the moment for all it is worth.

That is the response of many of our kind to the loss of a “loved one” or a “close friend” who has passed away after a full life or taken too soon. It is not my response. I have only ever attended one funeral in my life and that was the funeral of my father. I only broke my own protocol to do this as a consequence of the diktat from my mother and also at the behest of my younger brother who begged me to accede to her request so that she would not erupt and undermine the occasion of our father’s death. I duly obliged, just the one, purely in order to satisfy my desires however. I wanted to rein in my mother’s theatrics and watch how she really responded to the death and subsequent committing to another place of my father. You may well have read elsewhere in my works of that particular day. That was the only time that I have attended a funeral and I did it to further my own understanding and in order to loathe in my own private way the way my mother was behaving. That gave me tremendous satisfaction.

Thus, I only broke my protocol of non-attendance once and shall not do so again. Why is it that I will not attend funerals when there is such a prime opportunity to take centre stage and draw greedily on all the available fuel? It is a simple reason enough. I will not attend funerals because I do not wish to be reminded of my own mortality. Like a medieval monarch who stayed away from funerals, even of the preceding monarch and his own wives and offspring, because it would cause others to contemplate the death of the current monarch, something which was treasonable, I too will not attend. I have no desire to contemplate my demise. I do not want to recognise that one day all of this must end for this offends my notion of omnipotence. I do not wish to linger at the edge of the abyss that is life, staring into the nothingness of oblivion. Such is the finality of the mortal end to one’s existence, it engenders and raises the very prospect of that extinction that I fight against each and every day through the acquisition of fuel to maintain my construct and keep myself from being consigned into oblivion. To contemplate a mortal death is to invite the horrifying reality of the extinguishing of who I wish to be and that which I must not let happen.

I do not fear my mortal death for I will have my legacy in place and thus I shall live on through that. No, what I would rather not be reminded of, through the occurrence of the passing of others and the subsequent surrounding ceremony, is that I sometimes teeter on the brink on annihilation. The thought of that fills me with despair, only for myself and therefore I choose not to engage in that which will so forcefully and rudely remind me of it.

I know death embraces all eventually. I am not a foolish man and that is why I have worked to secure my legacy so that I may out stride death.

I care not, save for the loss of my fuel, when its cold hand snuffs out the life of others. Our type does not mourn the death of others. We are unable to do so. We are not equipped to achieve this. Never expect any sincere mourning to ever be evidenced by our kind.

I care not to contemplate what mortal death signifies for me in my ongoing struggle to keep such annihilation at bay.

51 thoughts on “Death

1. Wendy says:

Truthseeker615 and Empath007, I love both of your comments and it is such a good conversation to have with civility and with love/respect. We are all a creation by someone or something and our beliefs and thoughts are precious and should be valued by all I believe. Whether we call ourselves religious, spiritual, or whatever else we want, we are still valuable and magnificent in design.

I hope that I did not make anyone feel like I was being judgmental or unkind. I am not in any position to be that towards another human! I believe in the God of the Bible because my understanding of this faith gives me hope and makes the most sense to me. None of us really know without a doubt what the afterlife will be and the truth is that one day after we take our last breath the mystery will be solved.

Truth seeker, I can see why you call yourself that!! Your thoughts on the subject are very interesting and thought provoking for me! See how each of us have that ability to take things to another level of thought and inquisition? It’s a good thing and I’m happy to learn the views of others on this platform.

Empath007, I do not find you to be cold at all. You are who you are and your beliefs are yours and should be respected. Thanks for your comments.

Also, in response to contagious: I have the same heart that you do about the narcissist. My heart still even after all of it, goes back and mourns for this man that I feel is broken and in need of something that as a human I could never give or be able to fix. Nor was it ever my place to fix. My heart will break for him until the day I die! And for all narcissists for that matter.

I feel like a just gave a Grammy thank you speech! 😂

1. Truthseeker6157 says:

Wendy,

Thank you for your response. Your Grammy comment made me chuckle!

Couldn’t agree more. It is lovely to share personal thoughts and ideas and have them considered by others in a respectful way. Not at all, I didn’t read anything judgemental in your comment at all, just someone expressing beliefs they hold dear.

The thing with faith is that it is personal and anything so personal should be respected in its honesty as you say. I enjoyed reading your comments. People who do have faith have a self assurance about them, which I find comforting, calming, something I admire.

Xx

1. Wendy says:

TS6157, thank you. 😊💕

1. Truthseeker6157 says:

Wendy,

Xx

2. Chihuahuamum says:

Narcissist’s are atheists because they’re their own god. They don’t believe in a higher power because that’d be giving up control. That’s not to say all athiests are narcissists. The narcissists that claim to believe in a higher power don’t. It’s all a facade.
    I respect people’s right to their beliefs. I do believe in an afterlife and a higher power.

3. Joe Rogan says:

I had some long and lengthy thoughts on a different article … but something wasn’t working properly in Chrome, then I realized how many cookies your tracking…. which seems kind of unnecessary, but it’s been awhile since I’ve programmed a website.

Definitely makes me contemplate charging for my thoughts.. lol

You do a good job dangling the carrot, while we just put the contents of our brain on your platter. A Narcissist will be a Narcissist I suppose.

Thanks HG
    Definitely got the brain thinking

4. mike tyson says:

What if I told you, no one really dies?

Then what if I asked you… what’s worse, dying or never dying?

5. Liza says:

I got the occasion to witness the reaction of a narcissist to the death of their IPPS, and it was ugly. Last year my maternal uncle died from a heart attack, at a relatively young age, and his wife who is your typical midrange narcissist; dramatic, manipulative, always the victim, always hard done to, and lies as easily as she breathes, mad a spectacle i’v never seen before.

I understand that losing a husband and especially in such an unexpected way, is shocking and traumatic, even if she is a narcissist and doesn’t love him in the conventional meaning of the word, from her perspective, losing her main source of fuel must have been very painful, I totally get that, and by no means am I trying to invalidate her pain, what I just can’t forgive her, is how she reacted in front of her 4 years old daughter.

When I arrived there, it was the 2nd day since my uncle dyed, and she was crying and screaming and in a crazy fashion, and her 4 years old daughter was in her lap, she didn’t get what is happening and was visibly terified. With my cousin, we were literally begging her for nearly an hour to let us take the child away, but she was gripping her and screaming ” i want her to see, i want her to remember” when she finally let us take her out, the poor child was livid, we spent the whole afternoon trying to make her play or smile but she was completely unresponsive until very late in the evening. I know it is presumptuous of me to decide that i have the right to blame or forgive her, but i can’t help it, i blame her for that particular point, I can understand that she was shocked, but I can’t understand that she wanted a 4 years old little girl to witness such a moment.

6. Violetta says:

“I have not written my will yet; and how to leave my property I cannot determine. I wish I could annihilate it from the face of the earth.” – Emily Bronte

Where have you described your father’s funeral, HG?

7. Bubbles says:

Dear Mr Tudor,
    My mum constantly looks like ‘death warmed up’
    She’s always dressed in either ‘turd brown’ 😂 (thanks Mr Tudor) or ’50 shades of grey’ with scarey red bloodshot eyes (she keeps forgetting to use her eye drops)
    Mum has wardrobes and wardrobes full of clothes and colours and alternates between the two most drab colours. Go figure !
    Whenever I’ve tried to ‘enhance’ her, she reverts back to morbidsville ……I stopped trying.
    Mum talks of death….. on one hand, “just gimme a pill to end it “, then in her next breath… “I plan to live to 100”
    Sheesh, you just cant win !!!!!! 🤣
    Luv Bubbles xx 😘

8. Wendy says:

You will attend another funeral, your own. I don’t like them either and do not attend most of them because I cannot bear to see the person that I knew once so vibrant with life and feeling, lifeless and cold. It is something very strange to see a lifeless body no longer filled with animation and feelings. It brings about a bit of horror actually. Contemplating what it will be like to draw that last breathe is very unsettling. It brings me to a place of finality that I do not want to accept. Except for the hope that I have for my afterlife and the belief that although my body will die to this existence I have a soul that will transcend this natural world. A belief in an eternity that I believe will no doubt continue after I draw the last physical breath. I believe in God. The eternal infinite creator and giver of life. My body will die but the soul that is who I really am will be set free into an everlasting eternal existence. So, death to me is of my physical body but my soul will never know death. It cannot, because my God has promised me everlasting life in Him. I pray and wish everyone knew and accepted this truth. But, they don’t and will not. We all will travel that road one day and we will all either discover death to be permanent and the end or we will discover it is just the beginning of a new life everlasting and eternal. I place my hope in the latter.

That’s why I believe it’s so important to enjoy the life we’re living now. It would suck hard to miss out on many of life’s experiences due to fear of judgement only to discover it didn’t matter and we’ve all come to the same end.

HG
        Do you anticipate that you will experience being in space prior to your death?

I do, NA. I have been close previously but not quite what is defined as space.

HG
            Having been made aware of your interest in the celestial from the Knowing HG series, I thought of you during the recent Branson/Bezos space flights. More specifically, how exciting the thought and possibility now that you might experience it in your life time. I hope that you do.

Thank you, tasty piece of ever presence there NA!

3. Wendy says:

Are you sending your body into space?! Wow, cool! If you go before us we will keep an eye out for you up there and try to send up some fuel for the master ultra! 😉

I will be keeping an eye on all of you from above, thus no change from normal.

1. Wendy says:

That is comforting! Please keep us away from any more narcissist encounters other than yours. You can haunt us, we won’t mind! Lol

2. Violetta says:

Just don’t make us follow your beckoning spectre to Top Withens. Too much ankle-deep sheep poo and knee-deep bogs. Also, insects flying up one’s nose. So romantic.

You will be neck deep in doo doo where I am taking you.

4. Violetta says:

HG: neck deep in doo-doo? Are you affiliated with Miss Minchin’s Select Seminary for Young Yuppies? Or Wannabe Playuh-Narc?

4. WiserNow says:

HG,

“I won’t attend my funeral, my body will be in space and those that remain will do as prescribed down below.”

I’m curious, can you please explain what you mean by “my body will be in space”?

Also, what will be prescribed to those ‘down below’ and who will do the prescribing?

I swear HG, these cryptic comments you tend to make wreak havoc on my truthseeker trait …

5. Empath007 says:

That sounds like you believe you will go to heaven.., and naturally dethrone the almighty …. but you never struck me as a religious man HG.

Most people think I’m cold when I state my opinion on death – but truthfully I have no problem with the fact I will either rot or be burned – gone and forgotten. We live then we die- No heaven, no hell, no reincarnation- humans just make up these things to help ease the anxiety of death and believe they will live on – they won’t.

I can be religious if I need to be, however the fact is when our physical form stops functioning, that is it. Game over.

1. Empath007 says:

I’ve always been able to insert myself in religious groups as well –
            Mostly because I view their beliefs as so unrealistic they do not offend me – and I don’t mind if people need to believe in something, I just personally do not have that need. I agree it’s game over once we’re dead. Legacy is possible though – that’s an achievable goal. It’s just (for me personally) I don’t feel as though I need to leave one. That’s not to say my life will have had no meaning – but it’s meaning will live on in those who truly loved me.

Fair comment.

3. Kel says:

It is true HG as you said that when the physical form stops functioning, that’s it, it’s game over. Those who don’t believe in God, don’t seek Him or want Him, it’s true that for them it will be game over, that’s it.
            I remember years ago you said on the blog that contrary to popular belief you actually did believe there was a God, and it was better to cover all bases for afterlife, lol.
            But you also said you believe God created you to test our faith in Him.
            Nevertheless, you’re right, if you don’t believe or find Him, it is game over. I honestly think God should obliterate us all, mankind seems to be a failed experiment. But I’m grateful to have found God, and I long to be lucky enough to live in a world someday that has no narcissism in it. I’m not saying a narcissist wouldn’t make it to Heaven, but I do think narcissism in Heaven is what started all of this saga of time and this life on Earth. It would be so much more interesting to see what life would be like in a world that didn’t have distorted narcissism, gaslighting, smearing, hating, raging – and without us having to understand what’s wrong with this person and having to tiptoe around them and goso. So yes, at the end of life, some will goso for good – by their own choice. God’s very much alive and active, and it’s true – seek and ye shall find- it’s that simple- but just because you don’t know Him, because you never wanted to find Him, doesn’t mean He’s not there. In the end, you’re either a sheep or a goat, maybe wolves get special attention, lol. When you don’t have a conscience, but God still likes you, maybe he gives you a heart and sends you to Heaven. Those of us who do have a conscience, do we have more responsibility for our actions or do we get to blame it on the narcissists in the world that distracted us from God and drove us crazy?

4. Violetta says:

Empath007:

It’s the Beowulf method: you kill Grendels and dragons while you’re alive, settle feuds so people don’t off each other the minute you’re cold, and your tomb is a lighthouse to keep your sailors safe long after you’re dead.
            Unfortunately, in Beowulf’s case, his people fuck it all up, but at least he has his reputation, via a single manuscript.
            But what about all the people whose stories we never know?
            I need there to be a God, to keep track of all the unsung heroes. Even more than to punish the villains who got away with it. How can we stay moral when nobody gives a shit? Aren’t the people with consciences fools and suckers?
            Look at the presumed suicide of Major General Matthew Holmes. In addition to his military exploits, his men say he was kind to ordinary Afghanis. But without his position and his marriage, he probably felt like a failure.

2. Wendy says:

Empath007 good thought and I will add that humans also choose to believe that when they die it is the end to help ease the anxiety that if the Bible is true then they will have to stand before an almighty just God who will indeed judge each one of us according to His rules and standards not our own. I personally think you have to have more faith to be an atheist than a Christian or any other faith. The proof for atheism is much less than Christianity. But, we all have the choice and I think it’s great we all have our opinions and beliefs. It makes us all unique and diverse. We can all agree to disagree. 😊

1. Wendy says:

Kel, well said!! 👏“Narcissism in heaven IS what started all of this saga of time and this life on earth.” I completely agree with your view. Like I said in my comment, I believe it takes more faith to be an unbeliever because the evidence for creation outweighs the other “ theories” so I will place my bet on creation and a loving God! But, saying this I do not disrespect as I’m sure you do not either, anyone’s alternative views. We all have that right still ( I think!) And the actions of a person and how they live speak volumes more than words! It’s the daily living not the “ Bible thumping” because even Satan knows the Bible! There is also a big difference in NOT believing in God altogether and knowing in your heart He exists but then rejecting Him like my ex narc did. He also had a fascination with the celestial and would play those videos every night before going to sleep. To me, looking out into the most amazing solar system with everything there is to see so wonderfully and magnificent there is no way I don’t believe in God! Thanks for your comments it was really appreciated. 🙏😊

2. Empath007 says:

Thanks for sharing Wendy – I have no anxiety about meeting God or the Devil, I also don’t consider myself an atheist due to the fact I do not hate the church or would put any time or energy into trying to make people not be religous. I am not a spiritual being in any sense. I believe it’s simple – we live then we die. I see it as a fact. I know I come across as cold, most people think my opinion is strange – but I don’t have a hate of religion, I have many religious friends. Occasionally my religous friends can not accept that I’m not religous, and that’s OK. Loosing their friendship won’t make me chase religion. They are able to do as they wish and so am I.

3. Truthseeker6157 says:

Hi Wendy,

I am not religious. If I was going to subscribe to a faith, I would choose Sikhism. I identify closest with those teachings. No other faith or culture is left out in the cold. One God, God being present in everyone, give to charity but honestly, not as means to score points, all are welcome in the gurudwara. Giving features strongly but in a non materialistic way. There is an interconnectedness that runs through that faith, to each other, animals, nature and god. The practices reflect that. So, on balance I can relate closely to that particular religion.

I still struggle with the concept of a god or a creator as such, yet can’t quite rule it out. There is too much detail in the world for it all to have evolved by chance. As far as what happens when we die, I don’t believe in a pre created heaven or hell. You get in or you don’t get in, you go up or you go down. Good deeds and bad deeds placed in a balance whilst an unknown being judges us worthy or unworthy against a set of balancing criteria known only to him. That sounds very narcissistic to me. In fact, I think you would struggle to find something more narcissistic. The cynic in me isn’t surprised by that. It’s likely that the individuals that created and drew up these teachings to control the masses would indeed be narcissists. Or psychopaths. Or both. So I have an issue with the concept of God as a judge and jury. I think if God is anywhere or anything, he’s likely my own conscience.

I don’t believe that’s it when we die though. So here I kind of contradict myself. I believe I am more than a physical body of cells, blood and bones. That’s not what makes me me. The body is a physical representation or carrier of the important part. The spirit or the soul that is me. If medical science could replace every single part of me that went wrong with a mechanical replacement, at what point would I cease to be me and become man made? I think part of that would be based on my ability to interact with my environment and the way that environment interacted with me. My ability to connect. What am I connecting to exactly?

I’m not solely my body. I’m my mind / soul / spirit in a body. I am more like energy than matter. Energy isn’t destroyed, it just converts. Would destroying my body destroy my energy too? I don’t think it would. Most energy is invisible apart from the visible part of light. If my soul is invisible or, not tangible, that doesn’t mean that that energy doesn’t exist. Chinese medicine is based on energy as well as biology. People who experience childhood trauma are three times more likely to experience poor health in adulthood. If the mind is in distress then the body also shows signs of stress. There is a provable link. So we have to be more than biological matter. I think the soul, spirit, essence of us is energy that links in to the physical body, surroundings, other people, other creatures and the environment. A collective consciousness in a way.

Empaths are a prime example of that. We are affected by world events, natural disasters. We take comfort in nature, tend towards connecting with others and with animals. Energy that is of itself that also connects outside of itself.

Narcissists are fully impacted by environment and the energy of others. Words are just words. It isn’t words the narcissist is after. Proximate fuel has less potency than text or non proximate fuel. Why? It has to be energy. The emotion is the same. The words could be written and carry the same sentiment as if they were spoken face to face. They don’t though, because the energy can’t be felt by the narcissist. He doesn’t interpret and convert that sentiment into energy in the same way that we as empaths might.

Emotions are non tangible, you can’t see them, many of them we can’t even fully describe, so you have to feel them. Emotions therefore must carry energy. Empaths describe a feeling of being ‘drained’ (of energy) through negative world events or sometimes other people. You could argue that the narcissist doesn’t need kind words, kind gestures, harsh words, harsh gestures. The narcissist needs energy, positive or negative, either works. The empath needs energy too but takes it from alternative sources, seemingly she has more connections. In this sense the reference to narcissists as energy vampires is correct in many ways. Vampires is unfair. Energy deficient might be more accurate. “Narcissism is very adept at conserving energy.” That would make sense, if an individual was unable to self power / self fuel from alternative sources other than direct interaction with other people / energy sources.

I appear to have wandered off again! In terms of belief I can’t say I have it figured out. There’s enough for me to believe that it isn’t quite game over when we die though. What dies is simply biological. No one knows what happens to the energy that is the soul, essence, that makes us who we are.

4. Truthseeker6157 says:

Correction. *Proximate fuel has more potency than non proximate fuel or text.* I knew there was something up with the comment just didn’t spit it on the first pass!

5. Joa says:

TS, it’s amazing. It’s a similarity.

It’s so stupid to me keep writing this, your thoughts are so similar to mine.

I could subscribe to your words.

Energy. Circulating, wandering energy – people, animals, plants, perhaps also objects. We are all energy. This thought is closest to me. One energy broken into quadrillions existences.

Funny that a few months ago we talked about the same with “my” narcissist 🙂

6. Truthseeker6157 says:

Hey Joa,

Yes, we do seem to be very aligned in the way we look at things, particularly the more intuitive ideas. I get a very clear sense of you when you write, like we are tuned in to the same channel. I think we might share a Contagion element. 😊

Xx

3. Empath007 says:

Hi Kel – I don’t want to get to into it, but, I don’t view the church as the ruler of morality (that’s just my opinion, it does not bother me if others don’t share that opinion). In fact – I believe the church is rooted in narcissist teachings – I believe it is nothing more then manipulation and fear tactics scaring people into acting a certain way- much the same way a narcissist will expect their victim to perform in certain ways. A religous person acts no or less moral then the non religous person. Religious groups have narcissits and empaths in them as do non religous groups. I see no value in the church or it’s teachings and the thought of death does not frighten me because I know I will not live eternal, and if I do i’ll Deal with that when I’m dead but won’t spend my waking moments concerned about it.

This is simply my perspective. I respect others do not see it this way and that’s perfectly OK by me.We all have to have our beliefs and I don’t see anything wrong with religion. I just don’t personally need it.

1. Asp Emp says:

E007,……you made me laugh with “I don’t want to get to into it, but….”. Nuf said 😉

I read the rest of your comment with interest – especially in relation to “the church is rooted in narcissist teachings”. Applying HG’s video ‘Woke – the Rise of Narcissism from the Left’ https://narcsite.com/2021/06/27/woke-the-rise-of-narcissism-on-the-left/ was very informative. In my view, narcissism has probably existed for thousands of years, it could be argued that it existed and was in ‘effect’ during the Roman times and during Egyptian times – the history reeks of it. Yet, it is only really in the last 100 years (give or take), especially in the last 6 years (because of our delectable HG) that narcissism is being made aware with more understanding about it, so we can now, also go back in time and ‘rewrite history’ so to speak…..

2. Empath007 says:

Hi Asp Emp, haha, I meant I have no interest in starting a heated debate with my comments.I enjoy hearing others interpretations/opinions but think heated debate is unnecessary because no one can change my mind and I don’t wish to change anyone else’s mind.

I’ve always said if Jesus was a real person he was a very charasmatic narcissit.The church (in my view) is rooted in manipulation (much like narcissim). The church and many of it’s leaders are concerned with power and control over people (like narcissim). Once again – that’s my opinion – I’m happy to hear other peoples opinions but do not care to have an argument.

I can respect that some people find comfort in it. And that it works for them and their faith brings them happiness.

I don’t need faith. Don’t crave it and am not worried about the outcome of not having it. I am responsible for my life and it’s outcomes. That my view. I have faked faith to some degree solely for the purpose of making others feel more comfortable and avoiding conflict.

3. Asp Emp says:

E007, thank you for your response. I totally get what you are saying. I stopped believing in God / Jesus when I was 9 or 10 years old. I cannot be ‘brainwashed’ to ‘reverse’ that.

2. A Victor says:

Hi Wendy, thank you for sharing this. I choose to believe much as you do, I find it, in part, infinitely and intimately comforting in times of unrest, personal, on a worldwide scale and everything in between. Some see this as weak, that’s their prerogative. I am weak, in many ways, and I don’t mind admitting that. If it turns out in the end that I’m wrong, well, at that point it won’t make any difference.

My daughter who worked at the care home has seen much death, they were all old and/or sick. She would come to love them many times but they would always pass eventually. She would be sad but also so glad for having known them. This is how I hope to leave people someday, especially those closest to me.

1. Wendy says:

Hi AV, I agree with you. I find a lot of comfort from my faith. I have experience too many things that in no way could be described as coincidence. It is also not weak to have faith in something and I would say it is actually very courageous to profess our faith in this day and age that is so antichrist! I respect everyone’s right to believe in what they want but I also expect the same. Your daughter is very special to be able to care for the elderly especially at the end of life. It is not an easy thing to do. We do get very attached to them. Most are so very appreciative of even the slightest gesture of care and kindness and many are all alone at the end. Happy she had that experience and I’m glad you share my belief in God. 😊🙏

1. A Victor says:

Hi Wendy, I have had many experiences also, I don’t believe in coincidence. Or luck. I don’t believe I am weak for having faith, I am weak in other ways though, for me having faith is not a weak or strong thing, for me it just is. I don’t talk about it here on the blog much, out of respect for HG’s stance on it, as the blog owner. I haven’t found it a problem not to discuss it, I agree with you, mutual respect is important. But I also don’t hide it, it’s just there.

Yes, my daughter is happy to have had that experience, she loves older people! She has much more empathy for my mother right now than I do. It is good, she helps me realize they actually do need help with things, it’s not just my mom being a victim, at least not all the time. She moved out of our home after my dad passed away last Nov, I really miss her being here. But I still have a lot of contact with her and she enjoys discussing narcissism, so that is really fun!

1. Wendy says:

AV, I agree! Mutual respect is the key. And I don’t hide mine either. I am also weak in other ways, trust me! Lol
            I think we should request that before HG passes into the next realm of space he should invite all his bloggers to his home for a big soiree and finally out himself! Do you think that has a snowball’s chance in hell? Lol, doesn’t hurt to ask! Can you imagine?! 😊

2. Joa says:

Real faith gives strength. I saw that.
            It is easier to live when you believe. Rock. Shelter.

Unfortunately, I can’t.

3. A Victor says:

Hi Joa, it’s that “easier to live when you believe” part that people often view as a weakness, I think. But I don’t let it bother me, I am a Savior Empath first and foremost!! 😁

4. Contagious says:

I too have great Faith snd experiences as you know that cannot be explained. I shared them once with an atheist who is a bio scientist and she said “some things cannot be explained” I respect all religions and feel God exists in those who do not believe. To me “ evil” is a disconnect from God. But to turn this back to narcissists, the more educated I become, the calmer I am but I feel profound sadness and hopelessness as I see and feel the broken child. I see and feel the impulses and rage like a tantrum, the silent treatment as the child holding his breath, the need for fuel as an unwanted child demanding to be seen and wanting attention to prove they matter, the inability to accept responsibility and lies and gaslights “ I didn’t do it. He did it” as the child who is afraid if caught taking the cookie out of the cookie jar, the word salad as a child not being mature enough to express himself, the smearing as a bully on the playground who needs followers, and the triangulation as learned by parents who used him as the middle man to avoid talking to each other “ tell mom the keys are on the table.” I feel the tension … the constant needs… that is why I feel better when he l leaves and I engage in indifference (but further truth seeking as I want to heal the pain, I want hope) but the more I understand, the sadder I get. As it feels like only God and death will help ease their pain. That kissing the boo boos and love and nurture are just band aids on wounds. Why I don’t feel sorry for me? I feel I grew. Why did I have to learn this? Know what narcissism is? I don’t know. If you can’t help, it is just sad. The more I learn, the more I feel somethings cannot be fixed and only God can help the broken child in the man and woman. I want to be wrong. What do you think? HG?

9. Asp Emp says:

Hmm. Death. Annihilation.

Again, a big difference in between the two words and the meanings as described in this article.

Yes, maybe, just maybe, I have experienced ‘nearly’. On both accounts. From my perspective. I don’t need to explain what I mean, because I already have explained. That is why I do not fear ’death’ in the sense of the word. Yet, I know, from personal experience that Life Is Short.

So, in my view and opinion. I understand the difference. Annihilation or Death, I know what I would choose, if given the option. It’s a no-brainer.

1. BC30 says:

Every single once of us will be annihilated someday.

1. Asp Emp says:

Err, yes, I suppose so, depends from what perception……

The Holy Narcissist