Tom Bower : Revenge ; Excerpt 12 : I Do What I Want

10 thoughts on “Tom Bower : Revenge ; Excerpt 12 : I Do What I Want

1. Asp Emp says:

HG, I watched the first of 3 programmes of ‘The Elon Musk Show’. It was very interesting. Not fascinating. Interesting. Why did I choose to comment here? Because he has a tendency to do what he wants. I thought about your article ‘To Control Is To Cope – The Creation Of Narcissism’ as I watched Elon’s mother talk about some aspects of when he was a child. Some of his behaviours talked about other people in this programme was part of the ‘interesting’ bit. And, also what one of his ex wives said about his sleeping / waking up. There were some “indicators” shared by other people but described differently other than mentioning narcissism. By the end of this programme, the Aspergers has not been mentioned (as yet). The lack of emotional empathy may be shown through the way he hires and fires people, blaming them when things go wrong. He has fascination / obsession with inanimate objects, not people. There was a mention of his grandfather’s reckless way with money. Just like you, he works out of 23 / 24 hours (that’s my guessing). Interesting. I did wonder about a comorbidity of Aspergers / narcissism mix?

2. Lisa says:

Have these videos been removed ? I can’t watch them ?

1. Asp Emp says:

Such a great pity, because you did a brilliant job of these, educational as well as entertaining series.

Thank you.

1. Asp Emp says:

πŸ™‚

2. WhoCares says:

So true Asp Emp! Very happy that I caught all of them.
          This series made my summer.

3. alexissmith2016 says:

She does what she wants!

I’ve been watching a really good 4 part drama on Netflix, “National Treasure”.

It’s about a comedian accused of rape of several women and shows the story from the perspective of mainly the comedian, his wife and his daughter. It’s very well done and so well written I wondered whether HG had written it. If not, it must be someone who has either read his work or has a very good grasp on narcissists and those caught up with them.

1. Viol. says:

Or someone familiar with Rashoman.

4. WiserNow says:

HG, thank you for this series about the excerpts from Tom Bower’s book – it’s riveting. The rate at which you have uploaded the videos for this series on YT is remarkable. I’m still catching up.

(By the way, HG, I think some of the video descriptions in this YT series say the analysis is ‘rivetting’. While I agree that’s the case, the spelling of ‘riveting’ may need a minor edit.)

After watching your video about Harry’s wife’s “grip of doom” at the UN conference, I think it’s safe to say that Harry is not an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person). He has tolerated her gripping, clawing, stroking, grabbing, patting, reaching, hand-holding, elbow-twisting, back-rubbing and general physical handling for about five years now.

It’s becoming more evident that Harry is not comfortable with the constant physical contact and control. I think it would be overbearing and annoying for most people. Everyone, I believe, needs an element of personal space. If Harry was an HSP, this constant physical invasion of his personal space would have become annoying much sooner.