The Narcissistic Truths – No. 80

narc80

11 thoughts on “The Narcissistic Truths – No. 80

1. DebbieWolf says:

Yes. And even an even higher ratio..5 to 1…
    Time to stick the heels in and keep saying No.
    It isnt easy. . . Brave front at first…closing the door and not showing those days when you feel weaker.
    Grimacing behind that door so no one can see..wipe away the secret tears..
    … until slowly you begin to believe your own “No!”
    One day you Do believe.
    In time.
    But until then: ‘Want to believe’ .. fake it, until it’s true. 🛡

2. saying says:

“When a man loves a woman, he’ll move mountaines only to be with her.” Oh, you don’t like it anymore?

1. Windstorm2 says:

Saying
      That makes me think of the lyrics to the Michael Bolton song, “When a Man Loves a Woman”. Those lyrics seem to scream to me how an empathic man would feel with a narc woman. The potential for pain really resonates with me.

3. ANK says:

I don’t want you because you are liar and a cheat. So what two reason are you going to give me so that I do??

4. Mary says:

We are only free when we accept that those reasons to want them were never real.

1. Narc affair says:

Great pt. Mary is just to bad it takes so long for some of us to actually see that, me being one of those.

5. Matilda says:

Yes, your kind is very good at that. But after a while, the reasons why we do NOT want you anymore override any reasons why we might want you.

You just realise that you do not deserve to be treated in this unloving, disrespectful manner. You refuse to accept the crumbs that are thrown your way, and leave.

1. MLA - Clarece says:

Hi Matilda!
      It really is that swift. Once they lose you caring about them and the situation it’s like a switch flipping in you and you get to discard. With us, once we stop caring, it is final. There’s no unwritten contract. They lost us for good.

1. Matilda says:

Hi Clarece,

Yes, absolutely: the parting is final once you’re done!

This is dawning on my narc at present. And I am pleased to be able to contribute to his life-long learning. 😀 😀

6. Mona says:

Yes, I agree. In the beginning he did a lot to please me, to help me, to bind me. He never critised me, although I made some big mistakes. It is nearly always the same, they invest a lot in you and then they want to see a livelong payment. Of course he concealed important information about him. No, he is not the white knight at all, although he really believes that. In his golden period he already manipulated me to do what he wanted but at that time I insulted him in a horrible way. It was very mean what I said about him and I was surprised that he swallowed such an insult. If someone would say such a thing about me, I would act in a different way. Maybe it was a challenge to break me. I do not understand why he swallowed it. Or maybe he has had other sources at the same time who admired him and I had some interesting benefits for him. All I know I hit the nail on the head with my comment towards him. I instinctively spoke the truth about him, not knowing it. It was mean, it was horrible and it was the truth. He really knows what he is and he is proud of it. But he was interested in me at that time and that let him do so many efforts to enjoy me. I really miss those things. After all I learnt a lot about manipulative behaviour and how to resist to it or to reveal it.

7. Narc affair says:

True and the narcissist has an uncanny sense when youre about to walk and theyll show you those reasons why you should “want” them. Push and pull you back in.