The Truth, The Half Truth and Nowhere Near the Truth

Why does the narcissist play fast and loose with “the truth”. What is “the truth” and how is this seen by the narcissist?

HG Tudor explains and gives you unrivalled insight with regard to the narcissistic perspective which will grant you considerable understanding.

14 thoughts on “The Truth, The Half Truth and Nowhere Near the Truth

I very much appreciate this (best yet) explanation and example regarding there being no absolute “truth” – just majority perspective. It is given here in relation to narcissism of course, but is relevant outside of this arena as well. You are a most excellent educator HG.

Thank you NA. I should charge for this particular piece of logic, such is its impact on understanding.

2. Pip says:

This!!! So refreshing! Accepting that some people operate in different realities is easier said than done. We seem to spend quite some time affirming everyday things with others, to be in alignment with the people around us, reinforcing that majority truth you speak of.
    I once got slammed into the wall by my narc, and literally 30seconds later, he flat denied it. So convincingly, I could’ve believed him. I’m sure he believed it.
    Can you elaborate more on the sentence “the narcissism won’t allow it”? Is that some sort of shield?

Narcissism is a self-defence mechanism.

3. JB says:

Good morning HG,

In the example of the narcissist claiming that the other person had shouted when they hadn’t, what would happen if the other person recorded the discussion, and so was able to subsequently play it back to the narcissist to show them that they hadn’t shouted? How would a narcissist be likely to respond?

See The Narcissist´s Twin Lines of Defence.

1. JB says:

Ok, thanks!

4. A Victor says:

You just saved me a bunch of money HG, thank you!

I always do.

5. Ciara says:

Very well explained! Unaware of his behavior, I did not know that then. I thought he was a habitual liar, which he was…Thank you for sharing the truth.

6. WhoCares says:

This is so well articulated, HG!

Indeed and thank you.

7. MB says:

I don’t like it, but I must embrace the knowledge. This is one of the most important concepts to grasp. (Behind the three interactions and the three assertions of control) I WILL be sharing this one!

Yes it is and very much one for sharing, thank you MB.

Do We Ever Listen?