HG´s Christmas Captives – Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

With Jack Frost languishing in The Dungeon following some well articulated arguments concerning what he amounts to, up next comes the festive perennial which is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. The court will be presented with a number of facts with regard to this individual and it is for you to interpret those facts with regard to whether you believe Rudolph to be narcissist, narcissistic, normal or empath. Your decision, using the voting buttons, will determine the sentence passed on Ole Glow Nose in the near future.

Early figure of ridicule as a consequence of glowing nose

Early behavioural issues as ran away with an elf, Hermey

Always needs to be at the forefront of matters

Enjoys the limelight as everybody knows his name

Suggestion that red nose may be product of reliance on alcohol

Suffered exclusion by other reindeer who would not let him join in the games

At his best when there is fog

Most famous reindeer on the planet

Place assured in history

Started crying when felt he would not be able to pull Santa´s sleigh

Happy when he is able to lead

What is your assessment of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

30 thoughts on “HG´s Christmas Captives – Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

1. Joa says:

Superempath with many narcissistic traits, hence the troubles in youth and alienation by “normal”, who do not understand him or are jealous 🙂

I suspect that Magnet, therefore the spotlight, fame, and sometimes unconfirmed rumors. With an admixture of Geyser, hence the red nose, laughing at him and crying.

However, the most important aspect is the fact, that HE is the “engine” of the entire system and takes the worst job on himself, because HE is sweating and pulling the famous sleigh with Santa Claus with all his strength. Idealist.

2. jasmin says:

A few thoughts on Rudolph:

“Early figure of ridicule as a consequence of glowing nose”

“Suffered exclusion by other reindeer who would not let him join in the games”

-It seems to me that Rudolph was born with the red glowing nose. In that case, the

“Suggestion that red nose may be product of reliance on alcohol”

is a lie (as children don’t drink) and a smear.

“Started crying when felt he would not be able to pull Santa´s sleigh”

– We don’t know why he started to cry. It could be self-pity because he missed the opportunity to shine, but it could also be emaphy for the children that wouldn’t resive their Christmas gifts.

“Happy when he is able to lead” – Narcs don’t do happy!

3. WiserNow says:

Merry Christmas HG! Merry Christmas Everyone!

Dear HG,
    I have written to Santa and asked him to send you a gift. I have asked him to give you a new, highly-calibrated, super-accurate Aggro Index. I think the one you’re currently using is gaslighting you 😉

..and don’t even get me started on whether Rudolph is a narcissist! Of course not, he’s an empath. It’s as clear as the glowing nose on his face!

Aside from that, thank you for all your assistance this year. I hope you and all the readers have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year! 🦌 🎅🏾🎄✨

4. lickemtomorrow says:

I’ve got Rudolph pegged as the ‘scapegoat’ 🙁

He’s constantly teased by the other reindeers, and has the unfortunate honour of being singled out by his red nose! He did not ask to be born with a red nose, has suffered immensely because of it, and Santa recognizes this as he offers for Rudolph to pull his sleigh <3 No way is Santa a narcissist (just try and convince me of that) and it was his thoughtfulness that put Rudolph at the head of the other reindeers.

So, Rudolph did not climb over the other reindeers to get there, and he suffered tremendously to finally be given the opportunity to finally make his mark. He didn't cheat, lie, steal, con, manipulate, or any of those things, but was gifted with the opportunity by another who saw his value … at last <3

Rudolph is an empath who's been trodden on all his life. Sometimes empaths win xox

1. k mac says:

Some very good points LET. I agree about Santa. I’m not sure about Rudolph. Maybe he’s a covert narcissist? I don’t know. I still love him.

1. A Victor says:

K Mac, if Rudolph is a narc, he’s a narc I will love also.

2. lickemtomorrow says:

k mac, I’m waiting for HG to drop the Santa BOMB! Nooooooooooo! Not Santa 😛

In the meantime, I’ve had a lot of experience with what many people call ‘covert’ narcissists (I.e. Mid-Range I think from HG’s perspective) and they do hide very well for the most part, at least compared to Lessers. We are unlikely to suspect them until it’s too late, and our shock and disappointment can be huge. Perhaps I am avoiding an alternative notion of Rudolph as I just couldn’t stand the shock of it all x

The truth is narcs can be very lovable at times. They can do good things. So many well known people I would never have guessed or interpreted as narcs because they appear to be doing good. HG has forced me to revisit many, and that hasn’t necessarily changed my original impression of seeing value in who they are and what they do. It’s an interesting aspect and focus on narcissism that take it out of the more personal realm which is where a lot of us are focused, naturally. It can be very had to hold these notions in balance at times.

When it comes to Rudolph, I think I’m going to stick with my original interpretation because I like to imagine the occasional empath win <3

1. k mac says:

This is you emotional thinking LET lol. I feel the same. I love Rudolph ❤

1. lickemtomorrow says:

Ah, k mac, you had me at “hello” 😉

Our emotional thinking is definitely the bane of our lives, and at the same time I wouldn’t do away with it if I could … at least not always <3

I see this as a harmless moment of ET which helps to add to the joy of the Season x

By all means, keep loving Rudolph and I'll do the same.

2. k mac says:

I was being cheeky LET

2. Truthseeker6157 says:

LET,

Rudolph was raised by the herd. Plenty of interveners there!

Xx

1. A Victor says:

Hahahaha! Great point!!

2. lickemtomorrow says:

TS, an intervener can make all the difference, even just one <3 xox

1. Truthseeker6157 says:

AV LET,

I think I’m supposed to stick to the material provided rather than add in ‘extra evidence’. Am I? Don’t know. I’m not very good at staying within set parameters.

Xx

1. lickemtomorrow says:

Haha, TS, you and me both! I just go with what I know, and it’s not unknown for lawyers to slip in snippets of information to sway the jury before the Judge can intervene 😉 Either way, we know HG will have the final say xox

2. A Victor says:

Lol, also fair in love and… Narc world??? I say add it! It makes things a bit more rounded empath to narc…:)

3. Truthseeker6157 says:

LET,

When you say ‘Judge’, do you refer to His Excellency Lord Chief Ultra Justice On High Most Magnificent (Abridged Title)?

That did make me chuckle. Unashamedly grandiose yet tongue in cheek.

Xx

3. Violetta says:

If Santa isn’t a narc, he’s bad management. The bullying in the training program should never have been allowed. OTOH, he could see he had been wrong.

Rudolph’s dad is an absolute patrinarc.

5. Alexander the Authentic says:

My vote is Empath. Here are my reasons why.

Early figure of ridicule as a consequence of glowing nose (Lack of control environment: potential to become a narcissist is there, but it’s not for sure that it will happen)

Early behavioural issues as ran away with an elf, Hermey (He developed withdrawal and avoidance as coping mechanisms to deal with rough childhood and early trauma)

Always needs to be at the forefront of matters (Non-narcissists also like to take charge)

Enjoys the limelight as everybody knows his name (If a narcissist, this is grandiosity and acquisition of fuel. If non-narcissist, these are narcissistic traits of pride & vanity.)

Suggestion that red nose may be product of reliance on alcohol (Non-narcissists can be heavy alcoholic drinkers)

Suffered exclusion by other reindeer who would not let him join in the games (He was bullied and picked on. Narcissists are usually the bullies and are the ones that normally exclude others.)

At his best when there is fog (He is assertive in difficult situations and is up for any challenge which can be found in non-narcissists)

Most famous reindeer on the planet (Just because someone is famous doesn’t mean that they are a narcissist)

Place assured in history (See my point above)

Started crying when felt he would not be able to pull Santa´s sleigh (Strongest indicator of being an empath. He feels a sense of obligation and duty to pull Santa’s sleigh. This indicates accountability. The fact that he cries indicates emotional empathy)

Happy when he is able to lead (Derives a sense of joy leading others. This could be an extension of his emotional empathy towards many people. Non-narcissists can be strong leaders.)

1. JB says:

Love this, Alexander the Authentic!

1. Alexander the Authentic says:

Thanks JB!

6. A Victor says:

Damnit. I love Rudolph. But, clearly a middle mid range B. Damnit. Narcs ruin everything! 😂

7. JB says:

Ah no! I don’t know what it is, but I can’t even bring myself to contemplate the mere suggestion of Rudolph being anything other than normal or even an empath! Based on absolutely nothing apart from being rather soppy towards him! I’m such a big kid at heart! 😂 This one will take more thought..

1. Truthseeker6157 says:

Haha, me either. It’s the big brown eye syndrome I think. Plus he’s just a reindeer, I can’t make a reindeer into a narc no matter how hard I try! People, no problem, cute animals? Sorry, I’m going to struggle !

1. JB says:

I guess there is a lesson here for us, TS. We fall for charmers with a good sob story! 😂 Xx

8. Asp Emp says:

It is foggy outside today…….a complete change from yesterday’s weather. It was a glorious sunset sky. I suppose today is more of a red-nosed, blue lipped day 🙂

9. k mac says:

Wait…. are WE the island of misfit toys? Ah crap! I’m really gonna miss you Rudolph. 😥

1. WhoCares says:

Hahaha, k mac!

Btw, I love that classic Christmas movie.

10. k mac says:

Awwwww come on not Rudolph! You are really ruining my childhood joy here HG. You know who’s a narcissist? Father time. He’s the cruelest of them all! Go pick on him and leave my poor, sweet Rudolph alone. 😋

1. A Victor says: