Why Am I Drawn To Toxic Behaviours?

WHY_20AM_20I_20DRAWN_20TO_20TOXIC_20BEHAVIOURS_3F

You are an empath.

There are many great things about being an empath.

However, there are downsides and a significant one is that you are drawn to Toxic Behaviours more than other people.

Why is this?

This material will assist you in understanding, in clear and concise terms the following :-

The distinction between Toxic Behaviour and Toxic People

Who engages in Toxic Behaviours

Understanding the Empath-Narcissist Spectrum

Understanding the nature of narcissistic and empathic traits within this spectrum

Understanding the position of Emotional Empathy on the Empath-Narcissist Spectrum

Understanding the concept of Proxy Narcissism

How this operates to draw you to Toxic Behaviours

Why other people are not drawn to Toxic Behaviours

How your involvement with Toxic Behaviours pans out

As part of building your Logic Defences, understanding the impact and reason why you an an empathic person are drawn to Toxic Behaviours is fundamental.

Access this unique material through an audio file provided by email.

Understand yourself here

13 thoughts on “Why Am I Drawn To Toxic Behaviours?

1. k mac says:

I regret what I wrote on this article. I was clearly in my head and swimming up to my nose in the emotional sea. Exactly why there is a need for this content.

2. Asp Emp says:

‘Zombeavers’ film (2014) description “Horror comedy with a bite! A weekend getaway turns into a bloody struggle for survival when a group of college students are attacked by ravenous – and undead – beavers”.

Hahahahaha.

The title of the film got my curiosity going….. I read the description and started laughing. Within the first half an hour, we see the first critter (one of those ravenous beavers) appearing in the bathroom (of all places!! hahahaha).

I thought to myself, ah, a new nickname for female somatic narcissists…….

I have to admit that I was laughing when that first critter in the bathroom got hit several times with a baseball bat……in the bathroom……

I posted this comment here because it was due to a split and spilt barrel of toxic waste that found it’s way to a beaver’s lodge.

To be honest, it is actually a shit, low budget film.

3. k mac says:

I said constantly, I meant repeatedly.😉

4. k mac says:

You want to consume me. I get to hide within you. I really do feel like I could be happy with a narcissist. I know that this is going to make some mad. Granted, I was a married secondary source and did not experience the full horror of abuse. Maybe I did. The Narcissist would really have to step up his game if he is to contend with the abuse I’ve already endured growing up.
    I do understand why the narcissist behaves in the way they do. I kinda know what they are doing when they are doing it. The thing is I could never be a primary source. If I knew this person was a narcissist I would be constantly worried that they would disengage from me. This would significantly color my experience. My problem is not accepting the narcissist as they are. My abandonment and Co dependent elements would make it impossible knowing disengagement is inevitable.

5. iris parag says:

That I was empathetic and empathetic is the shit production inside me that is toxic and cruel to me. I really do not want him. And hating that empathy you hated death. It’s self-destruction and repression and denial of empathy needs and what do I have to love about it ???

6. iris says:

Being empathetic is a mental illness. I feel mentally ill that my mind is fooling me. I really do not want to be empathetic. Hate the name of it and hate the possibility of ever wanting at all to help and give to someone. An artist getting into this other’s shoes this production against me will be for me. I want to be mean and cruel to others ….

7. KitKat says:

It is very diplomatic of you to acknowledge that there are good things about being an empath. I’m sure you have made similar remarks in the past, but this is the first time I’ve heard it, and it is so sweet that I’m tearing up. Now excuse me while I go celebrate by moving some worms off the sidewalk out of harm’s way.

1. Truthseeker6157 says:

Hi KitKat,

I don’t recall HG saying that there are many great things about being an empath other than here. Not in so many words. However, I would estimate that HG views the empath as great due to what we provide for him. Similarly he has never advocated any need for us to change, any requirement for us to hide our empathic qualities. The message I have always received is quite the opposite. “Why should you have to change?” The implication being why do you need to change when your perspective is the majority one?

So HG might not verbalise “I think empaths are great” but he certainly promotes us embracing exactly who we are. I think that message carries more depth and has practical value to us as we move forward.

I can totally understand you being touched by the comment above. The empath doesn’t seek recognition for her empathic nature, so it feels uplifting to have that nature acknowledged in a positive way.

I don’t have any worms to move, I do have some fairy dust around here somewhere that I might go and sprinkle!

1. KitKat says:

Truthseeker6157,
        You made me laugh, I love that you knew where I was going re the worms ❤
        And you are so right:

HG: *Repeatedly writes about taking immense joy in the total annihilation of people’s very souls in the most excruciatingly painful ways possible*

Me, upon reading one sentence in which a completely neutral statement is made: You recognize our qualities are not without merit! I’m touched 🥲

Ugh, It’s like a bird with a broken wing flailing about in front of a fox den. I’m beginning to see what you’re saying, HG. But that’s why I’m here, to learn to spot the dens.
        And perhaps not flail so dramatically.

1. Truthseeker6157 says:

KitKat,

I think as you learn more through being here, you’ll reach a point where you realise that actually our empathic traits truly are something to value and celebrate. You won’t flail at the mouth of the fox den for long! Instead you will become very selective in terms of who gets to benefit from your empathic traits and most importantly, who doesn’t.

Haha, I’m glad I made you laugh xx

2. Contagious says:

You know truthseeker: what other narc than HG expressly and truly respects us. We may be fuel but his respect as shown in every reply and conversation is shown. Even his instructional videos are respectful in everyway. It is a motive or a “greater aim.” But still feels good:)

1. Truthseeker6157 says:

Contagious,

Hmmm, I’m big on respect. I agree that HG interacts with us respectfully in all aspects. I have disagreed with HG on a couple of occasions but the dialogue remained respectful from both sides. It was respectful, yet I also know that HG does not respect me as a person, for me. True respect is based on emotional empathy of which HG has none, so HG shows respect TO me, without having respect FOR me.

HG respects what people can do for him. So empaths are great, they provide the Prime Aims better than any other category of person. It’s a respect of sorts. Similar to a predator who respects the fact that without his prey he would die out because ain’t no one in his pack willing to share their meal!

The empaths meanwhile, they’re in the empath hideout, diligently dividing up the spoils of the day, passing the wine, getting ready to partaaay! Haha!

Xx

2. Enthralled says:

I struggled with this concept myself at first. As you read and listen more, as your understanding progresses. You begin to realise as a narcissist HG is likely to think everyone is inferior to him. As a very intelligent person he will fully understand and identify those instances of disconnect and inflections in his work. He could eliminate them.

These things actually add to the magic. Anyone in a relationship with a narcissist recognises and will draw comparisons. I might not agree with all of HG’s analogies – but will not disparage the effectiveness – in releasing the individual from the bonds of an abusive relationship. When one strips it all back to its core I am of the opinion of the following.

People remain in these relationships thinking the other does love and care for them deep down. They think things will change – I did anyway =

HG defuses this notion quite effectively. In a way which give no room for uncertainty and doubt. I was left thinking on why somebody who has no regard for my feelings should get my empathy.

That no contact is the only way=

Damn, but I wish I had done this sooner.

Within all this one cannot forget he is also a narcissist. That all this applies to him as well. Maybe the psychopathic side protects him some what. But our feelings and how we disparage the narc must have some effect on him too. Every blade cuts both ways I guess.

By the way this is PAWA – decided to do some shameless marketing of my story and did not consider how inappropriate the context would be in places such as this one. Will fix be creating another account 🙂