The Narcissistic Truths – No. 5

NT6

13 thoughts on “The Narcissistic Truths – No. 5

1. Brilliant image, interchangeable and replaceable objects, indeed.

2. Enjoying the silence says:

Oh my goodness E.B. if I had a nickle for every time my ex said that exact expression to me I would be oh so very rich! I heard it every day, and sometimes more than once… “Don’t ever make the mistake of seeing me as desperate, everyone is replaceable, even you…” 😯😔

1. E. B. says:

Enjoying the silence (I like your nickname), me too. I was told “You are replaceable”, “Everyone is replaceable and so are you” several times. The last one was: “(Insert name here) has perfectly replaced you!”. This has proved not to be true. Do not let them erode your self-worth.

1. Enjoying the silence says:

3. E. B. says:

The first part (“I see you as an object”) reminds me of the expression “Everyone is replaceable”.

4. K says:

HG,

It is past midnight and I am on the right, completely in the dark. Although there is no light, I can see with complete clarity for the first time in my life. I will be waiting for you there.

5. gabbanzobean says:

Just recalled something he used to say to me “you are not an object to me. You are not an oddity that I pander to for amusement.”

Oh always having to make sure that he says the opposite of what he’s doing. Meh.

6. noah80 says:

I know… unfortunately…in his hand and lips i feel just an object, nothing more…
    He is in hoovering time again with promises and big words of love… but anyway he is always the same lier, marry, cruel man… so i know to say him NO.

7. narseeker says:

Minor question, HG (sorry if I missed pertinent writings): do you have any possessions (I mean inanimate possessions) that you have feelings for? that you have a certain attachment to them (irrelevant of their use), or (if they belong to your past) that you feel nostalgic for? A certain window? pen? mug? clothing?

I am proud of certain inanimate possessions yes. I do not feel nostalgia for them.

8. Jenna says:

No face! 😱

9. Even in his absence, I still feel he uses me to appear the heroic White Knight.

10. MLA - Clarece says:

So what does it take… what act, gesture, connection, reaction, to become humanized?

20 Times To Gaslight