Spectre

SPECTRE

Whether you believe in ghosts or not, we certainly behave with certain similar attributes. We appear out of thin air. It is similar to how you can never remember the beginning of a dream can you? You cannot remember quite how we appeared. We just did. We seemed to coalesce into your life with the ease of a ghost walking through a wall. We arrive and ghost into your life. In the same way as seeing a ghost, when you experience us, it is not an event that you will forget in a hurry. We sidle up to you, insert ourselves into our lives and make connection after connection with you as we feed from you. Like some wraith we attach outselves to you and steadily begin to suck the life force from you as we gorge on the fuel that you provide.

Often we will vanish just as we arrived, without any warning or announcement and try as you might you cannot find us again. It is as if we have disappeared off the face of the earth. Naturally we chose the moment of our vanishing act without any concern for its effect on you. We slip away like a mist evaporating. Once we were everywhere, woven around you and captivating you. Much in the same way as one might be transfixed by the appearance of some spirit. You are entranced by our appearance, there is something ethereal and mysterious about us that causes you to be drawn to us and then we are gone.

We are that elusive spirit that can now not be found. You might go to the same place where we first manifested but there is no sign of us. We have left no footprint, no trace of our existence when you try and seek us out, just like our spectral cousins and then suddenly we have returned. We ghost back into your life and continuing our haunting of you. We are incessant and ever present, drifting about you as we resume our extraction of fuel. We resume our draining of your spirit, leeching it from you as our cold, dead hands take hold of you once again.

People have many theories as to what ghosts are if they indeed exist. Some suggest that where there has been a sudden explosion of emotion, a heightened experience, then an imprint has been made on the fabric of existence. This imprint appears to those who are attuned to seeing it. That imprint is seen doing the same thing over and over again. It walks the same route, passes through the same wall and then vanishes only to appear the next night in the same place. The spirit follows the same routine like a piece of video film stuck in an endless loop. Just like such a ghost we engage in the same behaviours over and over again. The same actions all designed to haunt you as we extract our fuel. The same gestures, the same actions all of which must be replayed. Some believe that a ghost is the soul of someone who has suffered eternal damnation. He or she has been denied entry to heaven or hell and instead has been consigned to walk the earth for eternity, stuck in an unceasing routine. Our endless quest for fuel finds us in such a similar position. We must make our way through life, restless and never finding peace. We move from place to place, unable to rest and be satisfied. Instead we are driven onwards, plagued by the curse of our need for fuel. Thus we must haunt others, our appearance bringing dread and fear in the same way as terror follows the appearance of a spectre.

Unable to quite fit in we are ghost at the feast. Even when we have vanished there is a lingering coldness that strikes you to your core. You still sense us, able to feel the effect of our chilling appearance. You are wary and anxious as you know we will appear once again. Quite when is a mystery but as we first arrived and as we first disappeared we will ghost into your life and continue our haunting of you. Better consult that exorcist.

20 thoughts on “Spectre

1. Lisa says:

So…the ghosting is a form of hoovering HG? Or a seperate thing that the Ns do?

The disappearing element is separate, the return is hoovering.

2. HG, there is much beauty in your words. Very haunting.

3. Chrissi says:

I went away from him over a month ago. We live in the same town. Last week he showed up on the other side of the road I was walking. First I didnt realize it was him, it was like looking at a stranger. He didnt show any facial expression as he was seeing me. Then he showed up two days ago at the parking space of a food store. I was standing nearby at a bus station waiting for the bus to arrive. He went into the store and came out of it again after 5 Minutes without noticing me standing there. By reading this article, I wonder now , if this two incidents were the ghosting described here.

4. Jenna says:

👻👻👻

5. Cc says:

I love you anyway.

6. Sarah says:

I used to be dialled by mine. One ring and then nothing – no time to answer. When I’d text or call back, he’d say “Oh, must’ve been a pocket dial as yours was the last number I dialled”. Yet he’d discarded me several weeks previous. Then he’d throw me the golden period again.

1. blueeyes says:

The calls i get i don’t get time to answer as it’s quick. Maybe that’s what he wants me to do is message him but I’ve resisted.

1. Sarah says:

Keep resisting, blueeyes – the power is now yours.

7. SVR says:

HG does this lifestyle not get boring?
    Groundhog day

Not to me.

8. blueeyes says:

Hi I’ve been reading your blog entries and never posted, i think I’m dealing with your kind, I’ve been ghosted for 3months now after him coming back after a year, only lasting 5weeks then poof. I want to ask… can they ring your mobile with a private number? It never happened while we were talking, now since the end of February I’ve been getting private number calls which don’t ring for long, i don’t answer them. It does make me think it’s him then again it might not be.

There is a significant likelihood it is him so you do right not to answer. If it is genuine the caller will leave you a voicemail message. It may be a marketing call to ask if you have had an accident in the last 3 years, PPI or whether you are thinking about a new conservatory, so if you miss those calls too, it’s another win!

2. Sarah says:

It could be Stevie Wonder.

1. abrokenwing says:

or Lionel Richie .

9. ISeeYou says:

I’m not disappointed in myself at all. They’re all the same beast that’s been dancing around my life wearing masks. I just wanna see what the human centipede looks like crawling through the streets. 😌💩✍🏻️

10. gabbanzobean says:

Yep. Every word 100% spot on as usual.

11. EVB says:

Am still so disappointed & ashamed of myself for not seeing through him & falling for the misty illusion. Although am no contact and have discarded all remains of him, he still haunts me like an enveloping fog and I never feel clean & clear of him. Makes me feel sick & violated to the core to think of all he did, not just me but with others too, despite my now being free. And I’m the one trained in cbt, nlp, counselling & other therapies.

EVB, cobblers have holes in their shoes. You will get the answers and freedom here.

Get Your Revenge