The Narcissistic Truths – No. 125

opposites-attract

25 thoughts on “The Narcissistic Truths – No. 125

1. Sniglet says:

Throughout my life I’ve attributed relationship connections, generally, a cause of an attraction of what would be feminine and masculine, as opposed to a creation derived from an empath and a narcissist. So now I ponder whether some men in my past could have been empaths but instead I labeled them weak, in which case they got rejected because I could not be with someone weaker than me.

1. Windstorm2 says:

Singlet
      I tend to think like that too

2. I admire people that have qualities that I lack. I am shy, easy going, go with the flow, people pleaser. I am attracted to those that are outspoken, give orders, have structure and are powerful.

1. abrokenwing says:

Hi I ❤️HG T,

I understand where you coming from, we are often better collectors of our shortcomings than our strengths.I am sure you have a lot to offer so be kind to yourself 🙂

1. Abrokenwing
        Thank you.

2. ANK says:

I ❤️HG Tudor,

I am very similar to you. Seeing you state your personality makes me
      see that your qualities (and mine as they are also me) are equally admirable, so be proud of how good a person you are.

It’s just a shame that these qualities attracted the wrong one.

3. K says:

The empath attracts the narcissist with her bright beacon. Like a light house in a storm because that is what s(he) does. The combination is deadly like electricity and water and delicious like peanut butter and jelly! Yummy and bad for you at the same time with disastrous consequences.

1. Dr. Harleen Quinzel PsyD. says:

Why everything that’s supposed to be bad makes me feel so good?
      Everything they told me not to is exactly what I would….

Oh those Kanye lyrics ring true lol

2. Twilight says:

K

Delicious like peanut butter and jelly that made me laugh! Then you find out you are allergic to peanuts….
      Sorry I am in a mood, today is going against me or if there is a god he has a very sick humorous side. My ex pulled up beside me on my way to work. I was admiring the bike, then looked at the man and recognised the helmet. He lifts his visor and all I can do is laugh and shake my head. thinking to myself what are the odds of this happening again….it’s going to be a long day

1. K says:

Twilight
        Yup! Then anaphylactic shock hits. Boom! and you need that EpiPen
        stat! Loki is the Viking god of Trickery or Trickster God. He is a bit of a narcissist I think. It is a bit disconcerting when you run into the ex in public, because you are caught by surprise. I hope your mood gets better. Here’s a joke for you.

Why did God make snakes before narcissists?

To practice.

2. Twilight says:

K

EpiPen and me having to use once was enough to know I won’t again.
        I am deathly afraid of needles yet I will face a lessor in a rage….go figure.

I have had a week full of different things dealing with my ex from almost handing my keys over to my supervisor due to them wanting to send me to a store 5 miles from where he lives, to moving and then that. If there is a god he has a very sick sense of humor and I am going to punch my ex in the throat if he appears anytime in the next few weeks. To many things recently and him for me and my comfort.
        I only need one of his kind in my life cause there is no room for another and HG has that seat of honor.

Loki made me laugh….I read on many different Gods and Goddess. I find them interesting.

My mood is better today.

3. K says:

Twilight
        That must have been frightening to use an EpiPen. Allergies can be so dangerous. Needles and lessors are both scary and I understand why you would stand up to one; I think instinct has a lot to do with fight or flight. It sounds like work and your ex are stressing you out. Stress can make you feel cranky, so it is no surprise that you want to punch your ex in the throat. That made me laugh!
        The gods are nothing but trouble, just like narcissists, but they are very interesting to read about. There is nothing beige about Zeus or Hera. I am glad your mood is better and, if your ex is smart, he will lie low in the next few weeks.

4. Twilight says:

K

Lol my dealing with lessors taught me sometimes aggressive negotiations is in order.

My ex I believe is just trying to get me to speak to him, I just have nothing to say to him. We understand each other to a point, trust was broken a long time ago and things can never go back to what was.

He is a Greater it is best I avoid him, we were good once now it would be due to our “trust” being broken things will never be the same and he will do things I won’t.

4. narc affair says:

Two sides of a coin. I think narcs dont just pic empaths but empaths with vulnerabilities. There are empaths out there a narc would never touch bc they have something the others dont and thsts boundaries and a strong sense of themselves. They would kick a narc to the sidelines so fast! The narc looks for his or her other side of the coin.

1. Twilight says:

Narc Affair

Your last sentence about the narc looking for his or her other side of the coin, I think they might. Yet what do you think would happen if they actually found one that was their opposite?

2. hypnojo says:

I was caught before I knew I was an empath…now nothing bothers me

5. Diva says:

I think I am a hybrid……….Diva

1. K says:

I know that feeling all too well, Diva! After being here for a bit, I now realize I was always an empath and always willl be.

1. Diva says:

Hi K……I appreciated your response……that was good to know…..I haven’t been here very long and I have no idea what I am……I think I am one thing, then I don’t quite tick all of those boxes so it leaves me with doubt. I usually tick a few boxes of being every different type of narc and empath that HG writes about…….and that too can change on a daily basis…….so I call myself a hybrid…….although I am sure that doesn’t actually exist!!!!……..Diva

2. K says:

Diva
        My pleasure. I read all your comments and you seem like an empath to me, however, I know the feeling when you read the posts and see narcissistic traits in yourself. You start to wonder and it does change (sometimes daily) and you will go back and forth for a while, until it becomes clearer. Hybrid doesn’t exist but if you are on the fence stay there. Keep reading and you will figure out who you are. If I see any narc traits in your comments I will alert you straight away! Don’t worry at all. K

1. Diva says:

Hi K…..I had better be careful what I write now!!!!!! Only joking…….whatever I am, I am……….I think I am a quirky empath…..but ask me tomorrow and I may be a quirky narc…….yes I had better sit on the fence for a while longer………Diva

3. K says:

Diva
        You are a riot. I thought the same thing when I was new. Stay on the fence until you get your answers and it is quite normal to question your own behavior. Quirky empath…I like that! K

6. thepianist20 says: