Little Acons – No. 35

I WILL MESSUP YOUR MARRIAGE

9 thoughts on “Little Acons – No. 35

1. Sarabella says:

She played a huge role I think in damaging my brother’s marriage. But it was doomed anyway as she had already badly damaged him. I know she was working her way into mine. She has hurt enough so she isn’t welcome in my life anymore.

2. Just Me says:

Narc Affair,
    I think you are giving mil too much credit. Her actions seem pretty intentional. Seems she wants what is best for her and not her son. I could be bias though… hate my mil with a passion.

1. narc affair says:

Hi just me…idk i dont think she would want us to divorce bc i put up with a lot of her bs where another woman wouldnt. Weve given her so much money over the years as shes a single woman with a low income. Most women would say no more.
      The way she interferes as well another woman probably wouldve told her off or left long ago.
      I dont think she would want the kids in a broken home either but the thought had crossed my mind it would give her more access to my hubby and the kids so it is possible. Shes a super control freak and wants things her way. You could be right.

3. Mona says:

He messed up the marriage of one of his friends. I heard about that later.
    Why? Because he was not the center of interest at that marriage. It was the young couple. He knew how to get his attention….

4. narc affair says:

My mil i dont think sets out to ruin our marriage but she likes to triangulate my hubby and i. She will talk to him about something then say to me what they discussed and any decision hes said to override any say i might have. I say to her now that ill talk to him and we will decide together.
    She loves when we have disagreements or he sides with her. He doesnt side with her intentionally bc hed never do that to hurt me but hes agreed with something shes said and she gets this smug look on her face. Shes a single woman and likes to interfere in our marriage and her daughters marriage.

5. J says:

Comment doesn’t belong in this thread. However, I wanted to express, HG, in full view of the public, my gratitude for you and your work. Thanksgiving (US) being tomorrow, I thought the timing was right as well. I cannot tell you how much your worked helped me escape and stay escaped. In addition, your body of work on the subject of Narcissism is, frankly, unparalleled. The dearth of competent voices on this subject is shocking and extremely dangerous for survivors and potential victims. Practicing therapists do not know what you do (as I can personally attest) . Professional researchers are barely scratching the surface on issues you illuminate with instinct and ease. Civilians mostly bob between cower powerlessly in the presence of an N or deny their existence or power altogether. Under your tutelage, we know they are real, very dangerous and manageable, if one has the tools. So, thank you for all you have written. You have done much good in the world and have secured a great legacy. I do hope you will not only continue, but, if you haven’t already, find a place in the professional Psychology research community. Your work is not just needed in their field, it is, in my view, their most serious blind spot and, perhaps, a panacea for a host of their patients’ ills. Ns are everywhere and almost no one who hasn’t already been victimized understands them. You have done more than your part, HG. And, so thank you. Thank you from a victim and future budding Ns who might someday be helped toward healing with your work! (My, such gushing! What kind of empath do you suppose she is? LOL)

Thank you J, I appreciate that.

2. Bubbles🍾 says:

Dear J,

👏Bravo

💜

6. thepianist20 says:

Oh yeah?

If that is the case, I’m NOT inviting my narc parents to my wedding.

After informing them that I won’t, I’ll gracefully say

“You’re welcome!” with an evil grin! 😉

Icing On The Awake