Poll : What is Your Reaction to the Presidential Debate?

I analysed the presidential debate as it was an excellent example of When Narcissists Collide, however, what is your reaction to this debate? How do you feel about the two candidates with regard to that performance? Entertained? Unsurprised? Disgusted? Helpless? Take this poll and share your reaction. You may choose as many of the answers as you wish and do feel free to expand on your thoughts in the comments section but do avoid turning it into a political debate, it is about your reaction as opposed to which candidate you prefer and why (if any!). Thank you for participating.

What is your reaction to the recent televised presidential debate?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

26 thoughts on “Poll : What is Your Reaction to the Presidential Debate?

1. ANM says:

I have been researching about investing money away from the USA, and how to retire in another country. There are many things that are concerning me, and the lack of control during the debate proved to me that my concerns could be valid.

Always have a Plan B.

2. Bubbles 🍾 says:

Down under is nice 😉
      💕

1. ANM says:

Bubbles,
        Only if we can be neighbors and live on the beach.

1. mommypino says:

New Zealand seems nice with their empathic leader right now. Also they have amazing hiking trails if you love nature.

1. ANM says:

thank you !! I have always wanted to live in NZ and Australia. Probably not going to happen, and the details for that is too much to mention. But Indonesia, Thailand, Mexico, or even southern india may be an option with in 20 years. I will probably never be able to retire in the USA, to be honest. Not how things are going now. I am only 35, so I am planning a bit ahead.

2. Bubbles 🍾 says:

Dearest ANM,
          The beaches here are beautiful, however, living ‘on’ the beach is not allowed 😂
          I’ll put an extra snag n prawn on the Barbie 🍤
          Cheers lovely 🥂you’ll feel like an Aussie in no time
          Luv Bubbles xx 😘

2. lickemtomorrow says:

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but went with wanting more people to understand what it is. And this is talking strictly in terms of the debate. It was farcical in the sense of not being well managed by any of the people involved. But it also lets people down when they want to really hear about the issues and how the candidates intend to deal with them. Probably a lot of people got what they expected, but didn’t know why.

3. CandaceMarie says:

enjoyed it. Two guys slugging it out, toe to toe. Entertaining
    I stopped watching.
    These are the ones I voted for. I’m not impressed with either one but I am still voting. Trump is an obvious narc but I wasn’t 100% sure about Biden.
    Trump was just obnoxious as usual. Biden kind of creeps me out but in my opinion he was not as bad as trump. It was entertaining at first but after an hour I had enough and shut it off. There is no point in watching when nobody can speak without interruption.

4. Eternity says:

If I had to vote I wouldnt vote neither. I wish there was a third candidate.,but by the looks of it they would also be a Narcissist because most of them are. Maybe they should add that to their qualifications on their resume ha ha.

5. Empath007 says:

While I don’t find the state of affairs in America funny at all right now, and I’m genuinely concerned for Americans… Honestly…. I can’t help but laugh when I watch Trump, he is such a disaster, the only reaction I can think of is to laugh.

6. Whitney says:

I thought it was funny and entertaining. I don’t buy into the system. I think this whole show is for distracting the population.

I felt sorry for Trump. I believed Biden’s facade.

I can’t wait for the next one. I hope it’s crazier. I hope they insult each other more.
    The moderator is an annoying twerp

7. burntkrispykeen says:

*I expected that behaviour: We’ve all pretty much seen it before… over and over.
    *I wish more people would understand what it really is (i.e. When Narcissists Collide): Once the mechanisms of narcissism are understood, it becomes much easier to spot. (There’s really not much to add, as HG has already covered the Prime Aims in a precise pedagogical approach.)
    *There has to be a re-think about the way these things are organised: Yes! A muting of the microphones… a steep penalty for interruptions (The Quarter Curse Jar becomes a $10,000 Interruption Account?) Or, simply medicate the candidates beforehand… maybe give the moderator a dart gun.
    *It was unedifying but the US is not alone with regard to this behaviour: Though the spotlight is on us… narcissism certainly seems to be a pandemic in itself.
    *I am embarrassed to be American: Actually, I’m proud to be an American, but I am embarrassed by this! I don’t want the world to view us this way. We are a large group of diverse citizens… Please World, know this behaviour does not represent all USA residents.
    *I enjoyed it. Two guys slugging it out, toe to toe. Entertaining: When Trump’s previous assertion was referenced that HE has done more for African-Americans than ANY other U.S. president, except MAYBE President Abraham Lincoln… and Trump was all looking like Yeah, That Is Accurate… how can ya not chuckle at that?! The confidence on that stage was staggering.
    *It makes me determined to find a way to change this: I’ll take the heat for this, but everybody knows I want to find a cure.

8. Renarde says:

I watched and even I was staggered. I knew precisely what to expect and there you go. It was even worse.

I’m reminded somewhat of Tricky and JFK. But this no where near on their intellectual level. The amount of times the ‘Moderator’ attempted to reign in Trump and not Biden was staggering. It really was trash TV.

And don’t even get me started on all three of those miscreatents suits. Bonkers.

America, out of all the what, 100 million of you there, is THIS the best of the best?

I see human geography was not your strong subject at school!

1. Renarde says:

Hg

Sometimes you make me so mad, I could frankly spit.

Ok. I got it wrong by 2/3rds. What is 66.666% recurring between friends?

I never got on with Geography. Never. Idiotic subject. I made my choice between the GCSE of History and that of Crayon Time. There is only some many times you can read about ‘Mr Anderson’ and his bloody Croft.

As a teacher, I always knew when they had Geography. They were always so relaxed, you see. No wonder. Ears. Brains. Dribbled.

I placed my mind into the noblest of fields. Physics.

And Biology can fucking do one as well.

Getting mad at me for your failing, is your problem.

1. Renarde says:

Hg

Indeed! Never mind. I still have my Physics.

Apologies, you are correct. Two apologies in one day. I’m out doing myself!

In many respects the thrust of the argument is even worse! Over 300 million and that’s the best?

At least Biden talked to the camera directly.

2. Eternity says:

Oh my !!!!!!!!

1. Renarde says:

I know, I know…

2. Eternity says:

No the Human body was haha

2. Violetta says:

Re: the Kennedy-Nixon debates. They disagreed on almost everything, but were superficially courteous, didn’t interrupt, and really listened to each other–which meant they could question their opponent’s claims on rebuttal, instead of just emitting a rehearsed speech. At one point, Nixon said, “I agree with Senator Kennedy about x and y. Where, then, do we differ?”

Don’t even compare a ruffian like Trump to a pro like Nixon

Indeed.

2. Renarde says:

Vi

Ahh. I’ve seen what I’ve done there. I should have clarified that it was the difference between both those events which sprung to my mind. Apologies.

Agreed, Trump is nowhere near Dixon. Then again, the US public who were confronted in that election with JFK and Nixon made the only, obvious choice. Jack.

It’s a bit like Starmer and Boris at the moment. One looks better than the other but who can really tell? JFK’s buffonery made sure he was assassinated. Did he over-reach himself, I wonder? Bay of Pigs did it for him. You have to wonder if CV-19 will do it for Boris? I’ve heard he will resign in 6 months.

Just random, thinky thoughts.

Oh and you have to read ‘The Weighty Eighty’. A few eye openers in there, I can tell you!

9. Christopher Jackson says:

I am voting for Joe biden personally…out of the two candidates. I also understand that president trump is a narc …out of the two Joe has more control of his narcissism…i don’t like the fact that he picked kamala Harris although historic but not a good choice felt like he was doing it just because he felt pressured to do it…because of what the country is going through. Trump acting and behaving this way doesn’t shock me at all already knew he was going to show his true colors he was showing them before he got in office…dummy…i guess we will see what the future holds

10. Kathleen says:

Entirely not surprised by trumps behavior. Anybody who watches him in a press conference or observes his tweeting knows what to expect. Biden… A better choice for America in the world but I’m not gonna worry about it too much. Worse than trump are all the GOP who stand by and watch this for four years… and do nothing .

Love u HG ❤️