The Online Narcissist : Somatic
How do you spot a Somatic Narcissist online?
I have explained before how the advancements in technology have created a haven for our kind. The internet has become a prime hunting ground for all schools and all cadres of narcissist. From social media to dating websites to chatrooms, the existence of cyberspace has created so many opportunities for us to target and hunt down our victims. Not only that, technology has extended our reach, allowed us to target multiple victims, remain in contact with scores of prospects and do so at any time from nearly any part of the world. It is little wonder that our kind cruise, shark-like, through cyberspace, seeking our victims.
There is much to be said for you staying away from the internet. Not only are you closing down various avenues for the narcissist you have just banished through no contact, to prevent hoovers, you are also reducing the risk of being ensnared by another one. However, the internet and all of its accoutrements are regular fixtures in most people’s lives and therefore such blanket avoidance is not only impractical it may not be desired. Why should you let our kind force you into no longer enjoying the benefits of the information superhighway?
Accordingly, you wish to maintain a presence in cyber space and so you must adopt a position of vigilance. I have detailed previously the ways in which we look for our victims through the various portals of the internet, the types of behaviour, the profiles, the postings and the engagements which not only show you are susceptible to being seduced but highlight your empathic traits so you have a neon light above you, drawing us to you. How about you being in a position to spot our kind when we are on the internet? This is clearly a worthwhile skill to hone as part of your Narcdar, in identifying us.
One of the most prominent places that this identification takes place is with regards to dating websites and it is there that I shall show you what you ought to be looking out for in two distinct stages. The first is the type of indicators that you might see on the profile page of our kind on a dating website. The second are the tells that occur when you first engage with our kind on such a website when you begin the excitement of flagging your interest and exchanging message. I will therefore detail the indicators in these two stages which you ought to be aware of so that you can determine whether the person is one of our kind and therefore you can dodge the bullet, escape the tendril and evade the narcissist.
Keep in mind that these are indicators, two or three is nothing to be concerned about. Yes, this shows that there are narcissistic traits in evidence but once it goes beyond three of these indicators you need to become wary. The more indicators there are, the more likely it is that this person in cyberspace is a narcissist and you are skirting on the edge of being seduced.
Let us begin with the Somatic Narcissist. The Somatic Narcissist is one of the four cadres and is generally defined as a narcissist who has a pre-occupation with appearance, looks, material possessions, sex, status and the earnings of himself and those around him. What should you be aware of when you are working your way through those dating profiles and what should you pay heed to should you commence in messaging somebody on these sites to determine whether this person is more likely than not a Somatic Narcissist ?
- In respect of a male somatic narcissist the profile picture will show the individual bare-chested to show off his physique. In the case of a female narcissist the picture will be glamorous with the narcissist made-up, pouting and quite possibly utilising a professionally taken picture. In both sexes the photo may also show the individual next to an expensive or flash-looking car, undertaking some kind of adrenaline pursuit, such as flying through the air on a mountain bike or a grinning shot as the individual parachutes from a plane or the picture will be of the individual against the backdrop of a chasm or a luxurious beach.
- If the profile contains more than nine additional pictures as well as the profile picture, this is an indicator of a somatic narcissist. Pay attention to the individual striking the same pose in each picture such as the man flexing his muscles to show off his ‘guns’, adopting a Usain Bolt stance, pouting or standing with one hand on hip. These are all indicators.
- If the pictures only have the profile holder in them, this is a further indicator.
- There will be no mention of having been single for some time, looking for love for a period of time or anything to denote that the individual has been alone.
- The individual will make mention of his or her employment, job position and/or earning capacity in the profile text. If the site provides a bracket for the individual’s earning to be entered, they will be and they will be listed in six figures whether this is true or not.
- The individual will not make mention of wanting to engage in pursuits such as staying in and getting cosy by the fire, going for romantic walks, watching films together. These are regarded as vanilla and boring by the somatic narcissist. An absence of mentioning these things is an indicator. If phrases such as those above are included, this is a downward indicator.
- The somatic narcissist will make reference to various interests which will include outdoor pursuits, adrenaline fix pursuits, attendance at a gym, sports and anything which denotes the pursuit of competitive physical excellence. If there are references to winning events such as an Iron Man Triathlon, running the New York marathon or similar this is a double indicator.
- There will be repeated reference to travel. Specifically, look out for reference to exotic beach holidays and holidays which involve pursuits such as ski-ing, trekking, kayaking around islands and such like. There is unlikely to be mention of places where one might undertake sight-seeing of landmarks and such like. The somatic narcissist is there to be the sight seen, not to sight see.
- If there are references to where the individual lives in terms of an upmarket area as opposed to the region or city, references to the size and style of accommodation or reference to additional places where the individual lives, these are indicators.
- If the profile states that the individual dislikes lazy people, people who do nothing, out of shape people etc. this is a firm indicator. The somatic narcissist has no concern about letting people know what he does not like and his lack of tact will mean that it will be rude and disparaging.
- If the profile makes reference to sexual prowess of proficiency this is a firm indicator also. Again, the somatic narcissist is unlikely to apply tact to the situation and is content to brag about such matters.
- References to shopping, shoe collections, extensive technology collections, record collections trainer collections and similar are also indicators.
- The profile of a somatic narcissist is likely to make reference to nights out at glamorous places, going to bars, wanting to be seen, mixing with people and such like.
- If the individual references somebody famous in their profile either purporting to know them or quoting from that individual – who is likely to be a sports person – this is an additional indicator.
- Re-read the profile. If you read it back and immediately hear the voice of someone talking quickly as if pumped up on adrenaline and Red Bull, with exhortations of ‘yeah’, ‘hell’ and ‘woo’ whilst a fist pump or a high five is being delivered, this is a considerable warning sign.
- The profile of the somatic narcissist will be 90 per cent about him or her with a smaller section reserved for what he or she does not want and also what he or she is looking for. The looking for section will be up front about wanting someone who is physically attractive and engages in similar activities. This is actually paying lip service to considering the other person. The somatic narcissist IS the draw and really is not overly interested in what the other person does. Not at this stage.
The more indicators you identify from this profile and its accompanying pictures, the higher the likelihood that this individual is a somatic narcissist.
If you engage with somebody on a dating website and exchange messages, then you should be aware of the following indicators which all evidence that you are engaging with a somatic narcissist.
- They will respond quickly to your messages. They will also badger you if you have not answered their message promptly. If there has been a flurry of messaging, then you have slowed in your response times and you have been badgered to respond, when you do respond there is silence, the somatic narcissist has moved on to a different target and you have been forgotten about. Understand that all narcissists using such sights will have multiple prospects in order to maximise both fuel and the opportunities of ensnaring suitable prey and anyone who fails to keep up with the pace will be left behind.
- Expect messages to be short and to the point. The lesser somatic will use text speak a lot. The mid-range and greater less so, but their messages will not be long or flowery.
- You will be asked for your mobile number and offered his or hers within five exchanges.
- You will be asked direct questions about your profile pictures. Is it you? Is it a recent picture? Where was it taken?
- You will be sent bare chest and dick pictures by the male somatic, topless and bottom pictures by the female somatic, whilst you will be repeatedly pressed to reciprocate.
- The content of the messages will become sexual between five and ten exchanges. If mobile numbers have been exchanged expect to engage in sexting and talking dirty down the phone to one another. This will be wanted or engaged in before any suggestion of a date has taken place.
- The somatic narcissist will appear to be interested in you experiencing his or pursuits ‘I would love to take you rock climbing, you will really enjoy it’ or ‘We could go camping and do some hunting, it will be a blast.’ There will be an assumption that you will enjoy it. The somatic narcissist may appear encouraging by offering to instruct you, teach you etc. so this appears that they are kind and taking an interest. This is being done purely to show that they are an expert and to test your credentials to be their victim by ascertaining whether you have the right class traits.
- You can expect to be asked your opinion about various matters which are of value to the somatic narcissist. What you do for a living, how much you earn, where you live, where you holiday, what type of car you drive, what you think of certain places, what you think of certain famous people. This may appear like taking an interest in your preferences. It is being done to garner information to ensure that you accord with the somatic class traits and to mine for intelligence which can then be used to mirror and seduce once the somatic narcissist is satisfied that you are a decent prospect worth expending further time and energy on. Do not expect to be asked about books, art, religion, politics, economics, current affairs or similar matters. If you engage in a conversation using those topics you will witness the topic being shut down and moved to something else in order to return to relevant somatic topics.
- The somatic will appear very keen and enthusiastic but it will border on pushy in terms of wanting replies, wanting pictures and wanting to meet up. You are likely to put it down to being very interested in you and the somatic narcissist will only confirm that to be the case if challenged. He or she is keen to draw fuel from your messages but even keener to move to meeting you and this will be pushed for quickly, in around ten or so exchanges and within just a day of making contact.
A significant aggregate of these indicators both from the profile and the subsequent engagement will tell you readily enough that you have been interacting with a somatic narcissist and therefore you should heed all these red flags before meeting the individual concerned, since doing so means you will become at a far greater risk of being successfully seduced in person.
88 thoughts on “The Online Narcissist : Somatic”
“I’m tall, confident, a scholar, warrior, awards winner, over achiever; I have no need to see my partner [perform beastiality]…I’m happy with raw unadulterated normal hot passionate sex.” 😳
That is a quote from a somatic N I found online. I’m amazed some would find it appealing. Cringe.
hahahaha oh god! what the hell – love it BC. I want to hear more!!
AS2016 — I’m terrible at determining schools that wasn’t entangled with. What school do you wager? Here’s more: “When I was in the military with 35 pounds of armor on and 35 pounds of plate; I could run through a door and take off the frame. Raw power, aggression yes, but I realized I am more than that because I’m super intelligent.”
Umm, what? 😕 IDK what started that tangent. He also sent shirtless bathroom selfies, pics of the bachelor pad (sparse used furniture and mattress on the floor, and lots of books). I wasn’t sent a 🍆 pic, which is unusual.
He claimed to be in my profession, but that he hadn’t taken the licensing exam. I asked if he took it last month or if he was taking it in the summer. He said it wasn’t being offered. Yes it is. 😂 Google it, but also, our office interns just took it, and, again—it’s my profession. He didn’t know. He proceeded to tell me all about the practice (all wrong). I listened, amused. I didn’t argue or tell him that is my profession.
I was out of town for work, but only about a few hours drive. He suggested coming to see me and spend the weekend at my place. #noboundaries
His profile had those fake humorous “reviews” on it. They were all cringe, and I doubt so many women raved about being “pounded” or “the last man standing.”
SO, WHAT IS YOUR VERDICT?! 😃😃😃
I’m not quite sure which school but he’s fucking hilarious BC30.
It’s hard to tell. I’m going to guess at a lesser as there is no victim mentality whatsoever in there. He also fails to recognise his low intelligence and actually believes quite the opposite.
I’m surprised no dick pic. Is it super small? Does he drive a very large car of some description?
Oh god. When you’re entangled with one, it’s bloody horrible, when you’re not it’s just bloody hilarious.
I’m guessing Prince Andrew believes himself to be more intelligent than he actually is.
Sometimes I think it must be nice to be so deluded, believing your own hype. Must try it some time
I am an equal opportunity, anti-body shaming, 🍆 pic enthusiast. 🧐 Big or small I like them all. Hahaha
He did send a full body nude, but censored the package. I didn’t ask for one. I cut things off pretty quickly thereafter. I would guess Lesser as well.
There once was a somatic called ‘Narc’
He only got it dick out in the dark
It was ever so small
So he hid it from all
Not even one dic pic at all!
Oh God BC30, I’m glad I’m married.
Dirty empaths laughing at you like… so what do you mean.
Idiot? Stay away. Somatic fake.
I know 😔
“sparse used furniture and mattress on the floor, and lots of books).” I would totally zoom in to read the book titles. “Just Get it On”, “Sex and the Kitty,” “Of Mice and Pussies” etc…
😂 I’m sure he probably hadn’t read most of them.
Oh my God SP, you guys are cracking me up 🤣
Does he at least have a proper bed? My somatic had a “friend” on social media whose pictures were mostly nudes in front of what looked like an inflatable mattress. Instead of lust, she inspired pity. I wanted to pitch in to buy her a bed.
hahha yeah and the ‘very hungry dick’ hmmm or the “very hungry vagina”. Probs the extent of a somatic’s reading ability and mine lol
I don’t have any preference to any particular type either BC. For me it’s all about the eyes! I cannot resist naughty eyes but few people have them thank god lol. I can’t actually think of any other celeb who does (though I’m sure there are some) and only a handful of people I’ve known personally over the years.
BC30….. laughing…..pity his “advertisement” cannot be responded with a video clip of a chimp wanking 😉
Hahaha that would be perfect 😄
Something is wrong for this.
“… raw unadulterated normal hot passionate sex”
Instead of “hot” and “passionate” he should enter “sharp”.
It is impossible to be truly passionate without emotion.
For me personally, it can be a little difficult deciphering between a somatic narcissist (or elite) who displays vanity vs. a non-narcissist who has the strong narcissistic trait of vanity. In the current social media environment, vanity is being displayed across a wide variety of different platforms by a wide variety of people (Empaths, Normals, etc.)
This article/video definitely provides helpful indicators on what to look for.
I guess the main difference is a somatic is generally quite dull although csn feel desperately exciting! Fuckinghell is it hahaha The sexual allure and seduction is all based around sex and beauty – yours and theirs. An elite (on the whole) is much more interesting, yes they also enjoy sex but it’s not all they’re about. They can hold interesting conversations be charming without needing to resort to sex all of the time.
The difference is quite stark I think. The more intelligent somatics are more capable of holding interesting conversations of course, but once the boundary is crossed they too resort to their somatic nature almost all of the time.
I agree, the somatics I have known can’t carry a conversation except regarding somatic topics, sports for example, so boring after a while! And it doesn’t take that long.
Somatic cock could actually carry an intellectual conversation, although it was pretty annoying because he thought he was always right (of course). Not all somatics are dumb, it depends on the school. The difference is that his narcissism shows up in the form of sexual talk and excessive attention to physical attributes. I wanted to talk and he wanted to talk … about my tits. While he is not seducing you via dick pics or showing off his -admittedly- perfect six pack, he can discuss art, politics, music… I wanted that back, but it was gone as soon as he knew I was ensnared. I must admit I’ve never made feel as beautiful as back then, and my vanity trait was super intensified, but it became boring after a while. Also, it was exhausting trying to match up so much physical perfection.
Oh SP can I relate! Mine was a moron but my vanity definitely leveled up. He did make me feel so beautiful but also so ugly at the same time, if that makes sense.
This makes absolute sense!
Oh I forgot that bragging about food/traveling/drinks is another peculiarity. But of course, there are classes… you cannot be serious posting a picture of a $9.99 bottle of Prosecco like it is the big thing, hahaha! So lame. And let’s not talk about that picture of a passport on a trip to Philadelphia, pretending to look international and all that. My narc is actually hilarious, he just doesn’t know it.
SP, I was cheated. None of the narcs I’ve been with were good in bed or intelligent. The ULA taught me everything I know about chillers, ac systems for a hot climate. It was fascinating but once he ran out of variations on the theme, or conversations dropped way off. My ex didn’t even try. It was sports or… nothing. He would talk politics early on, but only to agree with me, no original thought. At that time I wasn’t aware but I’ve time I realized it. He would go to events with me, theatre, concerts, art galleries etc. But only as an escort, not because he enjoyed it. And those things stopped after a year or two. He did seem to enjoy traveling but mostly for that for work, not much with me or or family. And he is an MMRA! My dad was very cultured, he could talk about anything and was very interesting if he was talking about something he enjoyed. That didn’t happen a lot, usually he would say what he knew in a condescending manner, as if there listener was stupid for not knowing it already. And then he would dismiss you. But he was an elite so he doesn’t count here I guess. He had more conversational skills but fewer people skills than the somatics. I had to ride an hour in the car last night with my mother, a victim. Every single topic she brought up was about her money situation. I just kept my mouth shut, literally not responding to it and kept driving. I did bring up a different topic at one point, a friend’s visit that happened recently. The friend is painted white so there was a few minutes of reprieve from the negatives.
We had been invited to a Christmas event with my daughter. All my daughters were coming from their respective homes to meet up. It only made sense to drive together so I couldn’t gracefully not do it. I almost didn’t go, but my daughter was so excited I had to. Then my daughters see my frustration with Gma, how I just ignore her, and they get upset with me. I don’t know how to seem normal towards her in front of them without giving her fuel and the thought that I’m back in her pocket. Then I have to get back out of her pocket, make her understand we are not friends once again. and it feels very dishonest all the way around. Not sure if this is making sense. I wish my girls understood more but I’ve kept a lot of my past with their gma to myself over the years, they don’t need to know things that happened. They love her, she doesn’t hurt them. Anyway, this is way off course. And I think there are no answers, I’m just venting. Thanks for listening. At least the car ride doesn’t have me as upset as it once would have. 🙄
AV, I just only read this. I have been with many many other narcs in the past, the problem is that at that time, I didn’t know, and I have dated extensively so once it was over I didn’t give it another thought. But after being here I put everything together and I could identify all of the zombis I dated, it made a lot of sense. Most of them were in Academia like me, so of course they were cultivated, but no emotional intelligence. I noticed I am surrounded by them. My dad is a narc; my sister probably too; many of my colleagues are; many of my past dates were narcs. However, I also noticed I never got to establish a long time relationship with any of the narcs, my serious relationships have always been with empaths. I know they are empaths because of their care, their level of concern for me, the good and bad experiences we shared and they were always there for me and viceversa and the amicable break up and the fact they never hoovered me. I am married to an Empath and believe me, I do not miss narcs at all. Yes, they make your stomach flatter a little at the beginning, but it doesn’t take long to realize you never get satisfaction, you are always self-doubting yourself, and you are either justifying his BS to yourself and others or convincing yourself that other woman is just a friend, or both. Narcs usually make you feel uncomfortable, forced to do things you don’t really want to do. They are always in your face and make you feel invaded. I have very little patient for them these days. Don’t feel good or bad about having “the right narc.” Whether they pretend to be educated and attentive or not, they are a big hoax all of them. Funny tip: I wounded one years ago because in our moment of intimacy, his thingy looked like the knot of a balloon. I asked if he felt ok. He withdrew his attention, gave me a silent treatment, and ghosted me. He tried to hoover me a week later. I blocked him. There’s no “good narc” or “bad narc.” Narcs are narcs.
My spellcheck sucked. I typed without looking because I’m cooking dinner and there you go, it reads like I’m illiterate.
For your information, I got a hoover while I was in Europe last Christmas. “Merry Christmas, SP!”. This guy is a University Super Professor who, after +ten years of no communication, contacted me randomly to let me know he got a divorce from his (co-dependent) wife. He is actually extremely intellectual and interesting but any attempt of engaging in an academic conversation with him ends up in his effort to control you and win over. I replied to his Merry Christmas in a civil manner, he asked what I was up to; I answered I was in Europe. He ghosted me?! Hahaha hahaha I just can’t even. They are pathetic.
SP, hahaha, I love your comments about these guys!! Hilarious, and I did need the laugh!! Especially, the balloon!! What?!! 😂🤣. Thank you!
Nothing like the unsolicited pic of a balloon knot to make your day!
No wonder they devalue so quickly. They must bore themselves hahah
🤣 I agree! And yet WE stay!!! What does that say?? I was pathetic! Lol
Yep A Victor. The narc I was involved with was 100% somatic. I would just giggle in my head when he said stupid stuff.
Hahaha!! Thank you for that giggle! Same!
My Narc was a dumb as a rock. What’s that say about me? 🤔
Oh dear, I have wondered this also!! 😳
O…..M…..G….. I watched the latter part of ‘Gogglebox’ where a clip of ‘Naked Attraction’ was shown and people commented on this clip. I laughed at what the commentors said about ‘Naked Attraction’. I had never watched this particular programme myself. I mean, WTF?! I watched part of it and still fail to comprehend how people can ‘select’ someone to date based on what the body looks like. Then I thought, this programme would most likely be a Lesser narcissist’s ‘version’ of porn. LOL. Talcum powder and the white sock, tissues, whatever else the Lesser needs to have to hand……ah, fkg hell (laughing).
One thing for sure, it is certainly not a route I would personally choose. It is mind-boggling and how fake it is. People do not realise the dangers of these ‘entertainment’ programmes that can mislead others (victims) to be ‘ensnared’ by narcissists taking part in this programme. I have absolutely no doubt that the making of these programmes would be banned should the realities of narcissism be made known to people. Dating programmes, online dating, online sites and so on = ‘hunting’ grounds.
We need a stand-alone Law in relation to narcissism. HG’s KTN site is available, it just needs the International Law Commission to adopt HG’s work and officialise it as a Law in itself. This is purely my personal opinion.
I saw so many profiles like this when I was doing online dating last year. Past tense because looking back I’m 99% sure the guys I ended up meeting were narcissists. I’ve sworn off online dating. I avoided these types of profiles because I did think they could be narcissists. Also because they reminded me of my ex elite. I was not into physical fitness much until we got together and then he molded me into what he wanted. I was miserable the whole time.
“If a guy sends you an unsolicited dick pic, send back a picture of a better looking dick. A more photogenic dick. A dick with a future.” You made my fucking night, Asp Emp. Hahaha!!!
SP, I don’t actually have one. So will a strap on do instead? Laughing……
I don’t have a dick either. Now, I’ve decided to donate my dick pic grandiose collection and curate an exhibit for the Holiday season. Stay tuned for the big opening!
Haha, SP, that is funny but also a bit gross! How did you manage to get a collection?
SP, will you be adding names and addresses? (laughing)…… and maybe the odd dummy one from Ann Summers? 😉
I would attend. 🥂🧐
Subscribed to ensure notification for the reveal of SP’s big opening.
Do you have a strap on? 🙊
BTW am I the only person have issues with the website today?
No issues here.
BC30, I have a belt without a dick hanging onto (or off it) LOL.
I am known to get a ‘strop’ on though 😉
Are you referring to WP or another website?
Haha, Asp Emp, time to pull your strap-on back out!!
I have never in my life be on the receiving end of a dick pick. I’m not sure if I should be upset about that or not 🤣
Same here, and I am grateful!! Ewww…
You want some?
Laughing…….I thought they were ‘For Your Eyes Only’ 😉
“That’s what he said”
Laughing……(SP attaches name, address, age….and forwards to all and sundry).
You offering? 🤣🤣🤣 No I don’t want any.
KM, you are not the only one not to ever receive a such a pic, whether ‘consented’ or not.
Me neither! I don’t see the appeal at all, what a turn-off! They’re not exactly the most attractive things, are they?! 😂
I’ve never received an unsolicited dick pic, but when I do, I will do this! I’ve many solicited dick pics to choose from—The Asylum of the Grotesque indeed! 🤣🤣🤣
BC30, you know what I have always found funny is just how proud they are of them, like we actually want to have a picture, or to look at them. It has not made sense. But, probably mostly I’ve been dealing with narcs so, haha, that says it all.
BC30, why do you think I laughed so much at the original comment and now that you have suggested it, I have no guilt now 😉
Let’s join forces!
Mmwwaaahahahaha *maniacally rubbing hands together in delight*
The worst thing is when they are actually packing so it’s like…where do I go from here? 🤣
Now I have to lie!
I always lied. I even got to the point of making a flattering comment while paying more attention to an episode of Masterchef. “Oh yes how big”(wow, that croquembouche is so difficult yo make!).
When “my N” returned after many years and we ended the formal and financial battles, the time has come to relax.
He tempted me with words and photos. He promised and he did not give. For example, he sent a picture of his crotch but in panties. Or a picture of a statue of Neptune or some other god, centered on the area between the legs. Or a photo of a real penis but a different guy and he claimed it was his.
So finally I said: “My dear, don’t make the effort. I guess you forgot that I already saw HIM.” Ha ha ha 😊
Lazybones. He could at least individualize the standard strategy 😊
HG, I would like to ask – taking into account your TDC, as empaths have narcissistic traits, can they also have the narcissist cadres as part of their narcissistic traits? For example, pride and vanity as somatic? This is similar to what I was thinking about yesterday when I mentioned it to SP in conversation.
Ok, thank you for letting me know, Sir x
Good question! He said no so we probably don’t reach the evidential threshold, but still, fun to consider.
Great question ASP!
I have wondered the same thing. I guess we don’t get all consumed with our traits of vanity etc. Eg it may be important to us but not to the expense of everything and everyone else.
I often wonder the same. I feel like I have very high, strong narcissistic traits but equally high and strong empathic traits. Like 50/50. This causes a lot of inner struggles. I don’t know maybe that’s normal? I might do a consultation in the future. I feel like I need the narc detector and the empath detector.
k mac, I would suggest it is perfectly ‘normal’ (I am laughing, actually – at myself). At the start of my journey on KTN, I’d questioned myself, a lot, whether I was narcissist or not. I have accepted, I am me. With a mixture of both empath and narcissistic streaks and other endearing traits 🙂
You have lots of endearing traits Asp Emp. 🤗
k mac, thank you for that, much appreciated 🙂
That’s a really interesting question Asp because we all have different personalities. And yes I know of some people who are driven by their victim hood whilst not being a narc.
I’m the complete opposite, I really struggle to show any signs of feeling sorry for myself, to the point where people don’t believe me when somethings actually wrong lol. I go to the doctors and complain of whatever problem I may have but I’m smiling and chirpy no matter what because I’m just so conditioned to be that way. I could never phone in sick becauee I just don’t sound genuine. I need to learn how to put on a baron greenback voice like other people do hahahah
Wow I completely digressed there.
I think maybe the difference between a narc and a non narc whilst they may have some strong traits they could possibly be conditioned out of them whilst a narc cannot.
AS2016, thank you for your comment. If some victims are ‘led’ because of abuse from an early age, they do not necessarily know they are actually ‘being led’ because of it. When some people have not believed me in the past, that also became “conditioned” which can add to trust issues. RE: your last sentence “they could possibly be conditioned out of them” – interesting choice of words. You may be right. However, like I have suggested elsewhere on the blog, the depth of non-abused related trauma added with narcissistic parent abuse (and other narcissists) – it takes hell of a lot of ‘unconditioning’ and for some people, they can ‘remain’ abused, even if and when that person’s approach to logical and emotional thinking has been ‘re-wired’. So, what’s the answer?
Laughing…..reading some of the comments on the older threads of this article…..
Commentor “I was hoping for a cute Italian man to find me on here”
HG’s response “It’s not a dating site”
This one is brilliant! Part of comment “If a guy sends you an unsolicited dick pic, send back a picture of a better looking dick. A more photogenic dick. A dick with a future.” If that is not an Empath’s Grenade, then I don’t know, maybe a weaponised empath using a Narc Bomb against a narcissist? Laughing……
I don’t know why but re-reading this article reminded me of a walk around Epping Forest with a then boyfriend, I enjoyed the unplanned non-walking exercise. I don’t think the surrounding trees were ‘shocked’ into stunted growth though LOL.
Pity I am not using FB at present, otherwise I would have shared this article (smiling like an assassin) LOL. Gawd I’m such a bitch.
A bitch with a future.
Another Cat, laughing……how aptly put!
Be my guests, I always enjoy your comments, I just don’t get the chance to read through here these days.