HG´s Christmas Captives : The Angel on the Tree

THE ANGEL ON THE TREE

So far the dock in the Ultra High Court of Tudor has seen appearances from Jack Frost, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Harry Lime. Brought up from the dungeon is next the Angel on the Tree. As always, you will be provided with a summary of information about the accused and it is then for you to argue your case and cast your vote ahead of the declaration of verdicts on Christmas Day and sentencing. Speak your brains!

Summary of Information

Looks down on everybody

Extensive silent treatments

First appeared in Victorian England and has remained an ever present since then

Arch Nemesis is The Star

Immaculately dressed and presented

Embodiment of serenity and calm

Behaves as if something is stuck up her backside

Is content to be placed on the tree last

Shiny, sparkling and glittering – is it all just dressing?

Has wings but never seen to fly

What is the Angel on the Tree?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

8 thoughts on “HG´s Christmas Captives : The Angel on the Tree

1. Joa says:

Normal.
    The embodiment of boredom. Focused on frills and glitter. Calm and reticent, she tries not to draw too much attention to her interior, drawing her attention to the glossy facade. Pleased with the decorative function at the top of the Christmas tree. He secretly dreams of Santa Claus, but is afraid of energy and fire. A static figure, without much intellect, but representative. It fulfills its function.

I have participated in The Christmas Captives previously so am sitting out and enjoying reading the musings of others this time. It’s a fun exercise.

3. lickemtomorrow says:

The Angel is the ‘golden child’ … perfect for the image you have shared 🙂

She is the pinnacle on the tree, the ‘most high’ of all the Christmas decorations, indeed looking down on everyone and everything around. She does not question her station in life, could be quite haughty … not sure what would happen if she didn’t take her place at the top of the tree, so no wonder the Christmas Star is her nemesis! It’s an either/or scenario, and only one can sit at the top. She dresses herself regally for the purpose and outshines almost all the rest. Her hope or desire is to outshine the Star, so has the competitive nature of the narcissist and definitely willing to climb over everyone else to get to the top (where she will sit and survey your Christmas Day).

OK, I’m going narcissist on this one … needless to say I’ll never look at her the same way again 🙁

1. k mac says:

What LET? Im not very good at this.

1. lickemtomorrow says:

I’m starting to feel like I’m destroying people’s Christmas fantasies … I promise, I’m not. At least I’m not trying to, which probably makes it worse!

I think it’s the first time I’ve done this, but I’m playing along in order to test myself … how ruthless can I be when it comes to deciding narcissist vs non-narcissist. I mean, it takes a certain degree of ruthlessness when being asked to decide on Angels and harmless reindeer who we’ve always loved and admired. I’m trying not to let the facade get in the way 😉

Just so you know, I love the Angel which tops the tree and we alternate between Angel and star so try to keep any jealousy to a minimum and give them both a chance to shine <3

PS: Don't let the Grinch steal Christmas x

4. k mac says:

I voted empath. After all there is something stuck up her backside and she never complains. Spends most of her time on the shelf(on the tree or in box that is literally on a shelf). Watches over us all. Has beautiful wings but never gets to fly. Thank you HG for these. So fun!

1. Joa says: