HG´s Christmas Captives – Santa Claus

Our final member of the accused is the big man himself, Santa Claus. Ready your arguments, ponder his fate, consider the summary of information below and then cast your vote. Use it wisely, Christmas hangs in the balance….

Summary of Information for Santa Claus

Spends all year watching children and making notes about them

Enters people’s houses at night with level of expertise that puts a professional burglar to shame

Claims to visit every child in one night

Chronic over eater

Provides toys to all deserving children

Provides coal to all misbehaving children

Utilises elves as indentured servants in with questionable pay and conditions

Is unnaturally jolly, all of the time

Utilises several aliases, being known as Saint Nicholas, Kris Kringle, Father Christmas, Saint Nick

Favours following food and drink – milk, cookies, mince pies, sherry, Guinness, rice pudding with cinnamon sugar, beer, Christmas pudding

Demonstrates flagrant lack of accountability by drink-flying (see above)

Married to Mrs Claus for centuries, one allegation of mischief re someone’s mother and a stolen kiss

Fabulously wealthy as demonstrated by generosity in supply of billions of toys each year

Owns multiple residences at the North Pole, Greenland, Drøbak in Norway, ZIP code 99705 in the USA, postal code H0H 0H0 in Canada, Mora in Sweden, Korvatunturi in Finland

Hugely charismatic and brings joys to billions

Entirely reliant on the belief of others in order to exist

What is Santa Claus?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

52 thoughts on “HG´s Christmas Captives – Santa Claus

1. BC30 says:

Where are the answers? Did we get the answers yet? Are they for purchase?

There are no answers, there is a verdict as determine by you through the polls.

1. lickemtomorrow says:

For real?

Just as well I’m not swayed by polls for the most part.

And with any luck John McClane has escaped from your dungeon by now <3

2. LC says:

Ultra Narcissist, with severe delusion of grandeur.

3. Isabelle says:

Santa, a narcissist… Now I understand why I was so devastated when it dawned on me at age 5 that he was just an illusion! He just disappeared after a magical golden period of 5 years. Took me some time to recover, and I then spent years going after the same sort of illusion.
    Makes sense.

4. vandenboss says:

More then halve the voters got it wrong! C’mon people c’mon!

1. lickemtomorrow says:

More than half think Santa is a narc … good to know you disagree.

5. emotion detective says:

I’m afraid that St Nicholas was a narcissist.

6. Bubbles says:

Dear Mr Tudor and all the lovelies,
    Merry Christmas and Happy New New
    Wishing you all a safe and healthy journey
    Thank you all for your help, advice, humour and empathy
    A special big thank you to you Mr Tudor, as without you, none of this would exist 😊
    Luv and hugs to everyone, as always Bubbles 🤶🏻🎄xx

You are welcome.

7. lisk says:

Santa is a Normal, a jolly judge who is just trying to do a good job. He has normal human appetites that are difficult to keep in check with all that access he has to anything and everything. I’d say he’s in pretty good shape. His healthy constitution allows him to indulge without having a heart attack for centuries now. Were he a narcissist—or even an empath—he’d be a full-on addict by now, maybe even dead.

Anyway, the key clue about Santa’s Normal-cy: when Santa determines who is Naughty or Nice, he bases his decision on a person’s overall behavior towards Others.

Were Santa a Narcissist, he would judge each person on their behavior towards Santa, and would reward or punish accordingly. Santa don’t play that!

Merry Christmas, HG!

Merry Christmas, Tudorites and Tudorettes!

8. Violetta says:

The one in the Rudolph movie is definitely a narc, although I’ve seen other versions where he isn’t.

Rudolph’s dad is a PatriNarc, and I’d like to put a boot up his scut. And have a baseball bat ready for when he turns around.

9. WhoCares says:

Loved all the clever, thorough – and funny -analyses. Merry Christmas everyone!

10. Truthseeker6157 says:

Merry Christmas HG!

Thank you for your time and patience moderating me this year. You have never once moaned at me for wandering off on tangents, of which there have been a fair few. I continue to learn and expand my understanding of narcissism thanks to the accuracy of your work and your dedication to providing more and more material in an interesting and entertaining manner.

All the very best for a productive and enjoyable festive season. *Smiles, nods.*

To all of the truly amazing empaths here on the blog, thank you for listening to me this past year with ever open hearts and minds. I really love our conversations. So much more interesting than the ones I had with my narc haha!

Stay safe, keep well, get drunk. Merry Christmas!

Xx

1. Joa says:

TS, you wrote beautifully.

I also thank you. Thank you very much.

1. Truthseeker6157 says:

Aww Joa, thank you too. Xx

11. Asp Emp says:

This morning, I tried coffee with a Chai tea bag and I am surprised how good it tastes. It was from watching an episode of Gorden, Gino and Fred’s adventure to Finland when they were in search of Santa. There were some of the usual ‘antics’ that these guys got up to. I sometimes add a bit of Cadbury’s hot chocolate to my coffee, that’s nice too.

12. Truthseeker6157 says:

The Great Santa Narc, effigies of himself all over the shop, literally.

Inordinately large fuel matrix stretching world wide.

Nauseatingly rich though reasonably low key with it, his other sleigh is a Mc Claren.

Bears the rictus grin, never once seen to shed a tear.

Not content with promised gain and threatened loss this one adds a touch of sadism to proceedings and sends the gift of coal to those he deems undeserving of his largesse.

Excessive grandiosity and regards himself as superior enough to merit being canonised (Saint Nick? Seriously?)

This narc has maintained poll position each and every December for centuries. He knows exactly what he is and how to play the game effectively. Few can equal him in this respect.

Has an army of craftsmen, elves, designers, lawyers, engineers, PR firms, toy manufacturers and music moguls on his payroll.

All sing to his tune. A master puppeteer.

Owns rather large stakes in United Distillers, Premier Foods, Tate and Lyle and Betty Crocker. He really does have his pie and eat it.

A spectacular facade of philanthropy, generosity and charity. Has never once been seen to lose control of his ignited fury.

Understands the importance of appearing happily married for his nice guy construct. Keeps Mrs Claus well. She is perceived to be ‘a lucky lady’ particularly in Stepford.

Takes all of the credit, as usual, does none of the work.

HG caught himself a Greater. Fire up the furnace, reinforce the spit. This glutton will take a while to roast.

1. A Victor says:

Hahaha, TS, “his other sleigh is a Mc Claren”… Love it!

Also the rictus grin and your take on the IPPS… Awesome!

2. WhoCares says:

TS,

Very thorough! I enjoyed reading this.

1. Truthseeker6157 says:

Who Cares, AV,

Haha, glad you enjoyed it!

Xx

13. lickemtomorrow says:

NOT SANTA!

Aaarrgh … I knew this was coming, but I won’t succumb to the Christmas Grinch on this one.

Santa brings joy to millions of children all around the world <3 They delight in the notion that a special visitor comes with presents for them once a year and surprises them by delivering them quietly in the night. The morning madness on Christmas Day is a sight to behold and Santa rarely disappoints. The build up and excitement around his impending arrival is the stuff of childhood dreams. Ultimately, Santa brings hope, which leads to belief.

Reading the list of evidence compiled against him, Santa would appear to rate high on the narcissistic scale. "Bah Humbug" is written all over the case being made against him. The Christmas Grinch could easily have written that list due to his own sense of disappointment and betrayal in life. That's not hard to understand. Why give way to such magical thinking when your expectation is that your hopes will always be dashed? It's been proven in the past, the disappointments have mounted, the desired rescue has never come. How will belief in a veritable fairy tale compensate for all that pain and suffering?

Someone (the Claus himself) will bridge the gap between life's disappointments and disasters. He will appoint his army of elves (helpers extraordinaire) to assist him in bringing joy to millions. He will, even for a moment, remove the dread and replace it with joy instead. The undeserving will suddenly find themselves deserving, and the downtrodden will suddenly find their stockings full. Santa is not going to deny anyone, though he encourages good behaviour with a consequence of coal for bad. Parenting 101 gives him the right to do so. He's harsh when he needs to be.

Of course, we delight in returning the favour … cookies and milk, carrots for the reindeer, and I guess a glass or two of Guinness or whatever you favour to help both Santa and parents get through the night. An early morning call to duty means parents must be on their toes, too. Santa engages their enthusiasm for their children's happiness and generates joy in their hearts as well. There is nothing like seeing the look on children's faces when they awake to the unheard, unseen visitor during the night. It is a sight to behold with few disappointed. Only a Grinch, withholding Christmas cheer, could spoil the day for many.

Now, the narcissist will often try to do that and that is why it is important not to let him steal the joy of Christmas. He has difficulty joining in the festivities due to his nature, but in many ways that is not his fault. He must be considered an unfortunate creature who was not designed to appreciate the specialness of the occasion and how it could also hold meaning for him. The empath/narcissist divide becomes especially acute at this time of year. Which is why it's important to bring him some cheer <3

Know you are loved, whether is has meaning or not …

Is Santa a narcissist? I care not one jot x

Merry Christmas, HG xox

1. WhoCares says:

LET,

“Is Santa a narcissist? I care not one jot x”

I am with you on that.

2. A Victor says:

LET, lol, this is the one that I didn’t care!! I have always found Santa rather creepy…lol!

Hope HG comes back soon…really miss him and all the bloggers…

1. lickemtomorrow says:

AV, funny you should say that about Santa being rather creepy … my first photo with him shows me looking terrified sitting on his lap! He has me in a pretty tight grip as well 😛 I think that’s most kids first reaction to the big guy.

HG is back 🙂 Yes, I missed everyone, too. Glad we are able to converse again <3 xox

1. A Victor says:

All of my kids have that look with their first Santa photos also!! Panic!

14. A Victor says:

Santa wants all the attention, brags incessantly, is undisciplined in personal habits (overeating, big bushy beard), uses a facade, buys people with toys, lack of boundary recognition going into homes without express consent, is evasive about his past with many different versions, is likely a greater since he’s so well known. Narcissist in my opinion.

1. k mac says:

He has my consent 😉

2. WhoCares says:

AV,

‘Santa wants all the attention, brags incessantly..”

Right!? And that fur-trimmed red suit just screams: “Look at me!”

15. Joa says:

Narcissus. Probably Ultra 😀

Everyone knows him, nobody has seen him. A celebrity on a global scale. Authoritarian. Investigative mania, watching and taking notes. He is doing charity work on a large scale, but no one knows where the money is from. He is fast and mysterious. He can appear out of nowhere and at any moment – charming the cheerful HO HO HO or punishing with a rod. Rewards or punishes as it sees fit. He works at night. He enters the house unnoticed. He requires adoration and applauds bribery with the finest drinks and goodies. A full floodlight directed only at him, few know about Mrs. Claus. An admirer of his own genre of music, he forces others to listen to Christmas songs. Noisy and focusing attention. He beats tired reindeers with his whip. He exploits the elves. He loves his vehicle and he is notoriously faster than speed.
    And yet people love him and immerse themselves in his fairy-tale world.

1. Asp Emp says:

Joa, RE: the music – hearing it over the tannoy systems in supermarkets (FFS) and that is not Santa’s doing 🙂

2. WhoCares says:

Joa,

Hmmm…Ultra…? Interesting.

“Everyone knows him, nobody has seen him.”

Good point. Santa’s got huge legacy as well…

16. k mac says:

What you are saying about him isn’t true I say! Besides, the naughtier I am the better my gifts. I don’t care that I only get him once a year and have to share him with millions! I love my Santa.

1. Asp Emp says:

k mac, laughing at “the naughtier” you are 🙂

2. Truthseeker6157 says:

K Mac,

Haha! Funny you should say that. He always brings me underwear. Red. Obviously.

Xx

3. WhoCares says:

“I don’t care that I only get him once a year and have to share him with millions!”

Haha, k mac!

1. k mac says:

😉

17. Alexander the Authentic says:

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! Below are the assessments I have for each one of HG’s Christmas Captives. These are my educated guesses based on the knowledge I’ve acquired. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this series and I’m looking forward to seeing the verdicts from the Jury on Christmas Day. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the holiday season.

1. Jack Frost – Middle Mid-Range Type A Elite Narcissist

2. Rudolph – Standard Carrier Empath

3. Harry Lime – Upper Lesser Type B Somatic Narcissist

4. The Angel – Middle Greater Somatic Narcissist

5. Ebenezer Scrooge – Upper Mid-Range Cerebral Narcissist

6. John McClane – Normal

7. Santa Claus – Super Magnet Empath

1. Asp Emp says:

Alexander, I like your ‘analogies’ 🙂

1. Alexander the Authentic says:

Thanks ASP!

2. WhoCares says:

Alexander the Authentic,

Great list. Awesome that you included schools and cadres!
      Have a Merry Christmas.

1. Alexander the Authentic says:

Thanks WC! Happy New Year!

1. WhoCares says:

Happy New Year to you, Alexander!

18. Asp Emp says:

Loved this “Enters people’s houses at night with level of expertise that puts a professional burglar to shame”.

Laughed at “Demonstrates flagrant lack of accountability by drink-flying”- something that we do not know for a fact whether Superman would also be ‘guilty’ of 😉 Batman probably would think he could fly if he consumed enough of the ‘merry sherry’…..

Empath, with a small amount of cheekiness…..

19. Asp Emp says:

Well, I watched ‘A Merry Tudor Christmas with Lucy Wolsey’ and it was suggested that Father Christmas may have derived from “There was also sometimes a specific character called ‘Captain Christmas’ or ‘Prince Christmas’, whose role was to ensure that everyone made merry at Yuletide. A favourite character in Tudor folk plays was called ‘Father Christmas’” (www.historyextra.com).

I enjoyed the programme itself and learned some new things.

1. WhoCares says:

Asp Emp,

Thanks for sharing! This program sounds interesting – I love learning about the origins of various festive traditions and holidays.

1. Asp Emp says:

WhoCares, thank you – here is a link that may be of interest and provide some sharing / things to do with your son for Christmas this year? 🙂

1. WhoCares says:

Thank-you Asp Emp. Happy New Year!

1. Asp Emp says:

WhoCares, thank you, Happy New Year to you too 🙂

2. TheVimtoSlut says:

My ex fancied the pants off Wolsey. It got to be a running joke. Unfortunately, I felt compelled to give him a ‘Hall pass’ on that one because she’s just so super cute!!! Very intelligent, knowledgeable and a first-class educator. The swine!

I’ll check out that prog. Must be on iplayer, I guess?

1. Asp Emp says:

Hello TheVimtoSlut, sorry I missed your response……yes, here is the link….. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000cfd5/a-merry-tudor-christmas-with-lucy-worsley

Yes, she seems to have a charisma of her own and she does do these historical programmes with genuine interest. I enjoy watching them. 🙂

2. Truthseeker6157 says: