50 Future Fakes
The technique of future faking is a splendid device that we utilise by promising you jam tomorrow so we can have all the jam today (and oddly enough leaving you with no jam tomorrow). The ability to future fake is integral to us since it sits with our frequent and repeated lying so readily. Just like Enron did, we want the pay-out today based on the future profits and what if those future profits don’t manifest? Who the hell cares? We will just walk away and secure the pay out with someone else instead leaving you to rue all those promises of something down the line which never ever came to pass. We are persuasive, convincing and seem so genuine, such is our astonishing ability to act, that you readily believe that we will deliver on the promise, no matter how outlandish it may sound to you. We really, really mean it. Can’t you tell?
Such is our brilliance at convincing not only you as our intimate partner but also everyone else who gets caught up in our extensive fabrications. It never matters to us that we have no intention of delivering on that promise of something happening in the future because all we care about is the here and now. We are easily able to shirk accountability for our promises, avoiding liability and culpability is what we do best and if you think you can hold to us something that we have promised give it a go. All you will find is that you will be subjected to denial, deflection or another charm offensive whereby you have backed down on the strength of, yes you’ve guessed, more future faking.
Here are fifty examples of our future faking.
- I know we’ve not been together long but we really should get married.
- Of course I will go and see somebody for some help, I want to do the right thing for us.
- I will pay you back.
- I will never hurt you.
- I will never hurt you again.
- I will get tickets for that concert for us, no problem at all.
- I can’t wait to take you away somewhere exotic.
- I will bring it back for you next week.
- I promise I will call you tomorrow.
- I won’t tell a soul about this.
- We have such a bright future together.
- I can see us growing old together.
- I cannot wait until we start a family.
- Why don’t we go into business with one another, it makes perfect sense?
- Of course I will help you out when you start your new job.
- We should make plans to travel the world, just you and me.
- Let’s look at houses so we can move in and live together.
- I will always be on hand, whenever you need me.
- I cannot conceive of a day where we are not with one another.
- Come on, let’s go and look at engagement rings.
- I won’t let anything come between you and I.
- Imagine if you moved over here how brilliant that would be.
- Imagine if I moved to where you are, I think I should do that.
- If you can help me with this project, I will give you a great report for the pay review next year.
- That’s right, give the money to me now and you can look forward to a 25% return in a year’s time.
- No matter how ill you become, I will look after you.
- I swear we will move just as soon as we can afford it.
- We can’t move just yet, but we will when I have repaid this loan.
- I know the loan has been repaid but I want to secure this promotion and then we will move.
- The promotion has helped but I need to think about retirement at present and then we can move.
- I want a large family with you.
- Of course we will go there next time.
- Whatever you want, just say it next time we are here.
- We will definitely book there for dinner next time.
- My home is your home, it is just a question of when, not if, you move in.
- I want to be able to come home every night and find you there waiting for me.
- Just do it this once and I won’t ask you to do it again.
- I go to sleep safe in the knowledge that we have a future together.
- We should make plans for where we will get married.
- I want a huge wedding, all our friends and family need to be there, I want the world to know how happy I am.
- Why don’t we select a retirement home now, after all, we are going to be together then you know.
- If you do the groundwork for this project now, I will next time.
- Of course I will change, I am determined to do it.
- This is the last time, I promise, then I will stop.
- I will seek some help, now isn’t the right time, but I will do it.
- I will give you the world.
- I will give you the fairy tale you deserve.
- I know we will have a happy ever after.
- I don’t see me and you, I can only see us.
- Of course I will respect you in the morning.
One thought on “50 Future Fakes”
My Narc colleague:
You are amazing! Thanks for doing this. You definitely deserve a better title/role. I will connect you with my former contact at XYZ and hook you up. (That was almost 4 months ago. Haven’t been connected with a soul.)
You are amazing! Thanks for going above and beyond. I will buy you a nice present to show my appreciation. (Me: “No, that’s silly. Just buy me lunch sometime.” Him: “Sure! Yeah!” He owes me about 10 lunches.)