Unbelievable and How To Tackle It

Unbelievable

Narcissists have a different world view to you. Failing to understand this results in the behaviour which seems entirely appropriate from our perspective, being confusing, bewildering and utterly unbelievable from your perspective.

This results in the use of flawed logic, bad decisions and continued ensnarement with the narcissist.

To understand how the behaviour is unbelievable and importantly what you can do about it, use the link below.

Get this handy guide

21 thoughts on “Unbelievable and How To Tackle It

1. graynoted says:

Hilarious! How comforting to know, that you are capable of realizing who you are, how you effect those you’ve spun into your web. I for one enjoy immensely, your nonchalant casual way you re-enter into the life you’ve shattered. The euphoria of this reemergence lifts the heart, mends the soul and I patiently wait for the perfect moment, after convincingly presenting myself as your perfect fool, dump your bum. Because I know you’re accustomed to being in control and once it’s snatched away, you are powerless. 😘

2. MLA - Clarece says:

No. 1 Seduction: Interestingly enough, I heard a psychologist who specializes in narcissism refer to the love-bombing as the first stage in the relationship of gaslighting. It was the first time I had heard gaslighting applied in that respect. Her theory was that it is based on an illusion and lies and is being bombarded to the victim / supply. However, because it feels good and positive it doesn’t create the anxiety, confusion, depression, etc., that would follow with the gaslighting involving blame-shifting, deflecting, spinning word salad, and the like. Therefore that part gets overlooked but that it indeed is a form of gaslighting.
    So, there ya go… #Gaslightingfunfact

I agree, it is designed to alter your perception of reality. That is why the seduction period is also in effect a hoover, to suck you in for the first time.

1. MLA - Clarece says:

But then for Lessers and Mid-rangers who do not understand what they are or that fuel drives them, isn’t it like they are gaslighting themselves too thinking their infatuation must be what real love is with another person?

I agree Clarece save they perceive no harm to themselves by adopting such an approach.

3. Victoria says:

Hi H.G.
    After my discard-December 31, 2016 I received my second hoover via text message saying “Hi, how are you doing. . .” my first hoover was a week after via a group email-I did respond to the first briefly to say do not send me anymore group emails. To this one which I received this last night, around 11 pm, I just now saw it, I am not responding. My question is: if I continue to not respond will he be forced to call? This no contacting him is a first for me throughout our 11 year relationship and all types of discard. However, due to your articles and 8 books which I have read-my favorite so far: fuel, decipher, 50 red and black flags, etc. I know the truth and cannot go back ever. Just wondering though if there will be more hoovers? I must admit, it gave me a cold chill with the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. But, thanks to you with empowering us empaths with knowledge it is now a fair fight. I can’t thank you enough!!!

4. Entertainment says:

Thanks HG
    It unbelievable that you could write in regards to us.

5. NoNarcs says:

I like the tattoo idea 😊 Just can’t hear these points enough. Thank u again, HG

6. BraveHeart says:

This is perfect to share with my son! Thank you, HG! You truly are saving many!

You are welcome BH.

7. Kit says:

I need to tattoo all of these points on my arm (if I were into that, which I am not, but still).

8. Tanya says:

Such valuable and concise points! I really found a certain YouTube video you put up illuminating where you said that you reflect ourselves back to us through mimicry causing us to fall in love with ourselves. I thought to myself “Damn, so that’s what I look and sound like! I must have the most expressive eyes.” Every time I feel a slight yearning, I read your articles, get a dose of reality, & move on!

Thank you Tanya.

9. Sunshine says:

These numbered bulletpoints are so valuable, thank you.

Might it be worth having these on a page accessed from the top line navigation? I think these points are so important.

10. Overthinker says:

Ditto to timely xx

11. MsSevyn says:

Great information. Thank you!

12. Liz says:

This is amazing advice. If it weren’t for being directed to your site, I would for sure still be involved with the narc and wasting my life away. Thanks for all your articles, HG. You’re helping a lot of people.

Liz

LIZ
      Can I ask how you were directed here? Was it referral by another victim or a witness to your abuse? Perhaps redirected from another search?
      Just curious.

13. Maria says:

Okay.
    HG i have a straight question :
    Are you guys in league with the devil?
    Are you trying to capture souls for him?
    It seems like it to me.
    ITS A SERIOUS QUESTION.
    Please do not answer me with: what do you think?
    I will appreciate a straight answer.. i know i am laughable to even request that.. but we” ll never know until we try it. No?

There is no such thing as the devil, except when it serves my purpose and then he is very much a thing.

1. Maria says: