Sitting Target

Available now

US http://www.amazon.com/Sitting-Target-How-Narcissist-Chooses-ebook/dp/B01D09B3KS

UK  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sitting-Target-How-Narcissist-Chooses-ebook/dp/B01D09B3KS

CAN  https://www.amazon.ca/Sitting-Target-How-Narcissist-Chooses-ebook/dp/B01D09B3KS

AUS  http://www.amazon.com.au/Sitting-Target-How-Narcissist-Chooses-ebook/dp/B01D09B3KS

23 thoughts on “Sitting Target

1. IdaNoe says:

Sir
    Which book is best for recognizing and understanding the narcissists outside of an intimate relationship? Thank you

All of the books can be applied to non-intimate relationships IdaNoe, there will be specific publications on the issue in the future.

2. Alexissmith2016 says:

I read sitting target some time ago now ans it’s not in my current kindle. So forgive me if my memory does not serve me well.

Hmm this is a tough one. I would put in fourth place cerebral because of their low sexual desire and desirability they’re going to appeal less to most people.

Elite has to be up there, there are less of them but they will have a broader fuel supply.

Victims are more fitting with the mid-ranger and so are more likely the highest simply BecuSe there are more of them.

The somatic instantly make you wary as they’re too obvious to spot, but tempting all the same. But more often of the lesser variety so theri manipulation skills would be less powerful.

Which leads me to another question HG.

Why is it that mids are unable to recognise they are an N, even if it is pointed out to them ?

I’m curious because the majority of us would likely be upper mid range for intelligence but we can recognise and understand what an N is ?

1. Alexissmith2016 says:

Bugar. Posted ir in the wrong place !

3. lisa says:

Hi HG, ive read that once narcissists know that you know they are narcissists they don’t come back because they know you are on to them ? I’m talking about a situation when the narc admits he’s one. Do you agree this confirms they will not return ?

Hi Lisa, no I don’t agree. Just because you might know what I am and unusually I confirm that to you, it does not prohibit gaining fuel from you. Knowledge and confirmation of what I am is only one part of the equation – despite this knowledge, the emotional thinking may well (and often does) swamp the logic and therefore the victim is drawn back in (I can change him, heal him, get him to be a better person) and of course we will just play along with that in order to get what we want from you.

4. Jenna says:

This book is very thorough and explains what the narcissist looks for in a victim. It even talks about the physical locations where a narc may be hunting. Informative read.

5. VFH says:

HG….would you have any opinion on the character types behind the atrocities we sadly live with in this day and age, or would you rather not be drawn on that?

I ask because of the pattern of news reports describing perpetrators as ‘normal’; previously lovely, kind, funny, caring etc etc then a sudden change in character. Could these people be targeted and groomed etc emotionally abused basically so their sense of reality is skewed and they believe what their abusers tell them and are happy to do as they ask even if what they ask of them is so diabolical in nature?

There are those of our kind who have the capacity for the atrocities you refer to as a consequence of our lack of empathy, guilt etc. Those of our kind who are at a higher level are the engineers and architects of these actions. There are some of our kind who are the foot soldiers also.
      It is not difficult to brainwash to do the things we require. The application of a suitable external force on this individual – coercion, reward, threat, duress, whatever it might be – can bring about behaviours which ordinarily might not have been exhibited.
      Even empathic people can be affected in this way. Think about how you might have been driven (through desperation, coercion, reward and so forth) to do things with/for/because of your narc which you would look back at and think “Who did I become when I did that?”
      In essence, some of our kind are recruited by others of our kind to perform these acts. Some normals and even empaths are recruited by our kind to perform these acts – people can be pushed to do terrible acts if the right pressure is exerted.
      This is an interesting topic and I would like to write more, but time does not permit.

1. Ali says:

you hit that right on the spot (as always).

2. VFH says:

Thank you for such a comprehensive reply. I believe it’s not only a very interesting topic but a crucial one. It’s a shame that time does not permit….

I presume if (the right) people are educated in this field that knowledge could be used to increase the effectiveness of methods used to prevent these acts; prevention being at many levels, from selection and recruitment etc through to the actual events. I’d hope so anyway!

Mind you, if it were and was considered a key part of the process then it would seem logical for any relevant processes to be filtered down and used in other parts of the civil sector – social services, law courts etc where the results of these personality types are also rife.

I guess we then get stuck in the realm of the perpetrators not wanting the do-gooders to have the info because of the potential for it to be used against them.

Bit hideous really. I feel like I’ve got residue on me again. We’re all part of a great big controlled environment masquerading as a democracy. We can make our own decisions as long as we don’t offend the puppeteers and when we do, we get smeared, mysteriously ‘let go’ from our successful career, never work in this town again and undoubtedly in some cases meet with an equally mysterious ‘accident’ never to be seen or heard of again. Eek!

6. foolme1time says:

So many things I didn’t realize about myself until I read this book! This is one of my favorites! It explains why you are picked from so many others and how to avoid it in the future. If you have been a victim of a narcissist then this book is one you must read to understand what it is that see that sends them in are direction. Many thanks to HG for this one!

7. KT says:

HG, can a narcissist friend zone a previous IPPS or IPSS permanently?

2. Lisa says:

What is IPPS or IPSS

Intimate Partner Primary Source.
        Intimate Partner Secondary Source.

8. K says:

Phenomenal read! This book explains how and why the narcissist chooses you. It isn’t random or by chance; it is a cold and calculated process. You will learn that it wasn’t your fault; you were seduced, then devalued and there was no escaping it. The classes and cadres of narcissists are described so you will be able to discern the type of narcissist that will favor you. Generic, class, and special traits are addressed here, so you will understand why you are so attractive to the narcissist. The types of empaths are identified, as well as, the hunting grounds that certain narcissists use. By the time you finish this book, you will be armed with the knowledge you need to recognize when you, or a loved one, are being targeted.

K
      That is entirely correct and a great review. You should post that where you purchased to help others in deciding. I know I would have appreciated it.

Good call.

2. K says:

NarcAngel

I am on it!

3. K says:

NarcAngel

Done! I posted it on Amazon and will do the same for Fuel and Revenge.

K
          Thats great. I found some of the descriptions a little vague or not describing exactly what I would find inside when I was first looking. They all sort of sounded similar and that is very much not the case. . Thats why a review as comprehensive as yours is important. We need to get the word out and have people educated.
          You should look into marketing lol.

4. K says:

NarcAngel

Thank you very much! You made me feel good. Positive fuel! I am starting Red Flag today so I will make sure to review that as well. I will take notes as I read, so the the review will be accurate and interesting. I really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks again.

Elated and Eroded