Little Acons – No. 39

CONTROLNOTSUPPORT

6 thoughts on “Little Acons – No. 39

1. K says:

My narcissistic mother caused/enabled my narcissistic sister’s heroin addiction and my mother got such perverse “joy” out of every overdose. She actually told me she had control of my sister…it was nuts.

1. Sues423 says:

Wow K,
      Now that takes the cake! Horrible, that’s really sad . How did you deal with that within yourself at that time? If you don’t want to talk about it I totally understand .❤️

2. sues423 says:

That sums up both of my parents, one was no support and the other was total control..

3. Narc affair says:

Its always control even when the narc parent seems supportive. They are happy things arent going well and pretend to help pick up the pieces but enjoying the control they get as a result.

1. Windstorm2 says:

Narc Affair
      That is very true and very sad – that our parents were actually happy when things weren’t going well for us. Like all narcs they both don’t like attention on us (even if it’s for problems) and they don’t like us having happiness when they do not. Often they are envious just to think we might have something they don’t.

1. Narc affair says:

Hi windstorm2…i know for a fact my mother has been happy when theres issues bc she takes a keen interest in it. What i mean by keen is that i never hear from her until somethings wrong then shes all ears and interested. She is the expert on what should be done. When things turn around and go well she reverts back into narky mode and is gaslighting and being a meanie.
        Misery loves company even with parents and yes they can be deeply envious. When we moved into our bigger home after having some issues with neighbors in another area we were so excited and loved this new area. She would not acknowledge it or say congrats, nothing. I no longer feel bad or take it personally bc i know its her issue. Id never do that to my kids and im happy when theyre happy so i know she has deep issues to not feel that.

Enlist a Dark Mind