The Narcissistic Truths – No. 101

inevitable.jpg

10 thoughts on “The Narcissistic Truths – No. 101

1. Whitewhisper says:

Inevitably everything ends in disappointment

1. windstorm2 says:

Whitewhisper
      Disappointment is not the end. It’s just a stop on the way. My life has had many disappointments, but now looking back I can see they were never the end, more of a transition into something totally new.

2. windstorm2 says:

I think this one could be either of us. We just don’t usually see it coming, whereas you all always sense the abyss.

1. Twilight says:

Windstorm2

I agree with you, the fall can happen with either more so happens to the empath. Yet I wonder if anyone here knows what happens when their construct fails? What they go through?

1. windstorm2 says:

Twilight
        Maybe not if the construct fails entirely, but I imagine many of us have seen narc constructs take big hits and suffer severe damage. I believe my exhusband went thru that when he had to go through a month of alcohol treatment or lose his job. That was not long after I left him and it sure seemed like his whole world nearly fell apart. I don’t know what it felt like but I do know what it looked like.

It took him years to pull it all back together and face, in his words, his “hard truths.” He had to come to terms with the fact that he couldn’t always do whatever he wanted and stay on top of everyone. And he seemed to gain a much greater appreciation of family and all his fuel sources. Of course that’s my opinion. If I repeated that to him he’d probably laugh- but then he’d probably laugh whether it was true or not! 😄

3. Sues423 says:

Oh geeze, what a picture. Unfortunately it reminds me of a bad time in America. I know that’s not the intent . But…

1. ANK says:

Yes I thought the same 😞

1. Sues423 says:

‘Sigh’ 😞
        Sad day ANK…

1. ANK says:

Being an empath it’s hard not too feel the pain of that day.

4. narc affair says:

The fall from grace is the best thing that can happen then hopefully escape.

Pet