Little Acons – No. 5

YOU NEED TOBE LIKE ME

A series of memes which encapsulates the mind set of the narcissistic parent towards their child resulting in the creation of the Adult Child of a Narcissist.

13 thoughts on “Little Acons – No. 5

1. Megan says:

I literally heard him say to himself, “I don’t know why everyone don’t just think the way I do.” and when I laughed (because I thought he was joking) he looked at me like what’s funny.

2. JC says:

Sometimes I thought if my ex was more like his parents he would be better off. His sister did everything they wanted and she is doing really well. Of course she is the golden child. My ex seems to find a friend and get close to their mother and call her “Mom” – I have seen this become a pattern. He did it with mine as well, but I think that’s common in marriage. One friend got a little defensive and said, “ you mean your other Mom”. Any clue on that? Is it just trying to get on the Mothers good side? If his Mother is ignoring him, he proves he can replace her in his mind or something?

3. Tappan Zee says:

Two things:

A series of memes which encapsulates the mind set of the narcissistic parent towards their child result in the creation of the Adult Child of a Narcissist.

1) Blurb — that will make life easier to preempt the inevitable question with acon memes…

2) My father was a cigar smoking, overweight, alcoholic narc growing up… pre-sobriety, smoking cessation…

I totally get it. Of course not LITERALLY like him. But yes, LIKE HIM. In the mirrored, grandiose, objectified sense of the word. Chained to. Part of. An appendage.

4. Noname says:

That guy looks like a Hercule Poirot. Lol.

5. Chrissie says:

I heard this constantly. I should think like him, act like him, feel the same way about things as him. I told him I wasn’t him. I was me. I always wondered why he said these things and felt this way. Now I know.

6. Mona says:

If that was your role model in childhood, I am not surprised that you are like you are. Do you still adore this kind of person, because he taught you to be like him?
    Please take a realistic view at your own chosen picture. Is that fat man someone who anyone should follow?
    You disappoint me, if that is the case.

It is to demonstrate the lack of awareness and grandiosity of many of our kind in terms of, you should be like me because I am fantastic when in fact the individual is not. Thus here we have an overweight individual who smokes (his cigar and gluttony being symptoms of his apparent affluence) and therefore he is saying “I am successful, you will be too, if you are like me” (even though that is not desirable.) Accordingly, the picture is entirely realistic to convey the point of the meme.

My role model was female as I have explained previously and different from this individual.

1. Mona says:

The same thing told your mother. “You should be like me because I am fantastic.” Different , ok. Probably she was not fat and smoking cigars. I hope she has a better facade.

7. narc affair says:

Um no thank you ill be me!

8. thepianist20 says:

Noooooooo!!!

I will NEVER be like you!

I’m not a FREAKING clone!!

9. Petals says:

Give up the cigars and hit the gym so you don’t die within the decade and maybe someone will think about listening to that advice, bud.

1. narc affair says:

Lol petal 😄

10. Diva says:

I would never say this to my kids…..God forbid they will turn out like me!!!……Diva

A Letter to the Narcissist – No. 24