Little Acons – No. 8

YOU WILL BESORRYWHEN I'MGONE

A series of memes which encapsulates the mind set of the narcissistic parent towards their child resulting in the creation of the Adult Child of a Narcissist.

18 thoughts on “Little Acons – No. 8

1. Lou says:

I know I am not going to miss her. But I will be harshly judged by the whole family for not having had any contact with her while she was still alive. I am already harshly judged.

1. Windstorm2 says:

Lou,
      If your situation is anything like mine, they will harshly judge you no matter what you do. So you just as well do what’s best for you.

1. Lou says:

You are right Windstorm. NC is best for me. Thanks!

Lou

Id rather be at peace and disregard being judged by those who mean nothing to me and have nothing for me than labour to keep the appearance of something that doesnt exist. They judge because that is all thats left for those who are not strong enough to act.

2. thepianist20 says:

A slaughter style manipulation, no doubt!

3. Becky says:

My mother used to say, “I could die one day!”

4. Ting says:

When he left, the nightmare really began. Smearing my name, telling everybody I was crazy, playing the victim, coming to my house and breaking things while I was gone, trying to get me fired from my job, it went on and on, and probably still does. I haven’t talked to him or his flying monkeys in over 2 months, but I’m sure my name is still being drug through the mud.

5. Windstorm2 says:

Boy there’s a lie! Yeah. Sorry the storm is over and the sun has come out, the flowers are blooming and the birds singing….πŸŒ₯🌈🌺🎢

6. narc affair says:

The biggest lie the narc feeds and cknsitions us is that we cant survive without them. We need them more than they need us. Theyre the prize and were lucky to have that prize. No were the prize that they dont deserve and we can not only survive without them but thrive!

1. Becky says:

My mother used to say this to me before I cut contact with her. The irony was that she taught me that I could survive just fine on my own due to almost a lifetimes worth of not being able to rely on my family.

7. 12345 says:

I can’t wait for her to be gone. Like, really gone. Gone for good. Death gone. Forever gone. Turned back to dust and ashes gone. Can you tell I want her gone?

1. Mona says:

12345, after reading about your mother, I really understand why you want her to be gone. It is absolutely understandable and there is no reason to feel any kind of shame about your thoughts. It would be not healthy, if you would still love her and defend her.

2. K says:

12345
      I feel the same about my mother, too.

1. Windstorm2 says:

K
        Way back in 1975, when the tv program Saturday Night Live was fairly new, the much hated Spanish dictator Francisco Franco died. Every weekly episode had a joke news update skit. For many weeks, at some point in this “weekly update” they would announce,
        “and Francisco Franco is still dead.”

That’s how I feel about my mother. It’ll be three years this December, “and my mother is still dead.”

So sad that the only comfort we can get from the person who should have loved us the most is in her being dead.

1. K says:

WS2
          I hear you. My father died in 2010, so now I am waiting for my mother to kick-the-bucket. I did not go to my father’s wake/funeral and it will be the same for my mother. Essentially, we grew up motherless, or even worse, we had mother’s that abused us. It is very sad.

8. Mona says:

Said to a little child creates fear of abandonment. Fear to be all alone and there is no protection at all. A very hard threat of a parent toward a little child. In former times that was a death threat, because adults knew there was only a little chance to survive for an abandoned child. Yes, still some kind of a death threat, although many adults do not realise, what they do, if they say something like that to their child. Especially little children are not able to realise that it is (often) said without the real desire to leave the child. Ugly.

9. The truth speaks loud and clear.

10. cc says:

Lol! I resemble that remark.

Horns and Halos