The Narcissistic Truths – No. 190

the-moreicontrolthe-morei-amcontrolled

13 thoughts on “The Narcissistic Truths – No. 190

1. Dr. Harleen Quinzel PsyD. says:

It makes complete sense to me.

When one doesn’t feel in control of themselves they often have to control everything else around them.

2. Erin says:

This can work in various ways: the more an empath is given to control, the more the narc has to keep said empath under control…
    However my favourite interpretation is that the more a narcissist controls and gets fuel, the more he is enslaved by his need for fuel.
    The reason it is my favourite interpretation is that it would be a great moment of insight from H.G., as I am sure being enslaved by anything is not his cup of tea!

1. Loulou says:

I agree with you Erin. The narc thinks he is control which he is to an extent but at the same time is a slave to fuel and is living a life sentence in his head.

3. Carol M says:

Didn’t get it…Any help, please? Are they controlled by their need of supply? Or do they control others due to being unable to control themselves?

1. K says:

Carol M
      I really liked Hope’s answer (scroll up); it aligns with the way I viewed the meme in the past.

1. K says:

Erin’s and Loulou’s comments are similar, too.

2. Nuit Étoilée says:

Dr HQ is more along my interpretation – from HG’s perspective –

When his environment is under his control (his machinations hoing according to plan); he is able to control himself better (his reactions to events/circumstances – perhaps less eruptions of uncontrolled fury).

*subject to HG’s approval, of course

but I like ‘our’ empathic interpretation too – that it goes both ways

3. Nuit Étoilée says:

*going.. not hoing (smh)

4. Catherine says:

Oh, yes. I experienced this myself, my mother taught me early on that love equals control and when in my narcissistic relationship, I guess I desperately tried to control him and the abuse he inflicted on me, crazily enough assuming full responsibility for his actions, excusing and finding logic explanations to his absurd behaviour, thinking by taking the blame, by thinking it was me, that I could control the situation and all would be well. Instead I ended up being controlled by my own thoughts and my own need to control and find logic where there was none. Of course it works the other way around as well. His need to control me imprisoned him. There can never be true freedom nor love without letting go of the need to control.

5. Hope says:

I interpret this as ~ the more fuel you receive, the more you need.

It’s never enough. There’s always more fuel out there. And although it’s a pleasure to receive the fuel, … it’s also a burden to always need more.

Because there’s always that concern in the back of your mind that you may run out of fuel.

Yes, you control others. But, in doing so – your desires control you.

6. Antifragile says:

Oh I thought first it sounds like “The more I control, the more I am”!

7. I could see that. I bet more than a few are enslaved by their phone(s) or by the need to feel in control of somebody else to get fuel.

8. Peaceful says:

Oh… I can’t wait to read this one! The more you control… the more you are controlled. Hmmmm… HG, are referring to your control? Or our perceived control? Because from I’ve learned so far… nothing we do has influence over you guys.
    Peaceful