The Igniters of Fury – No. 9

IGNITER 9

8 thoughts on “The Igniters of Fury – No. 9

1. Tappan Zee says:

I interpret the meme how it was “with” you. Managing all of life with out you. Because that is how it felt. Alone and enormous. More so than actually being alone. By design. Thankyou narcissism. It has taught me well.

2. Peaceful says:

HG, I LOVE this series! It makes so much sense now. I never understood this befor. I could never imagine these things were fury igniters. No matter how badly he would try to shatter me, I continued to excell at my work, be busy, develope new and exciting ideas, plans, take care of everything extremely well while ignoring his dumb suggestions….

Last February I had to have a surgery and was out of work for 6 weeks. There was an enormous project due in May. He liked to micromanage my work although he had no idea, experience, or inkling to what I do and how I do it. Even though I missed 6 weeks, this project was the best I ever produced. And I didn’t give him any info or details about it. He nearly shit his pants when he saw the outcome.

And it’s always the double standard….

HG, talking about double… would you please write about the Double Bind?

Forever grateful for my narc free life!!!!
    Peaceful.

I am pleased you have found it useful.

3. Especially if you left and are happy.
    I know that one.
    There were times he was smiling but I could swear smoke was coming out of his ears.
    I used to give him credit just for not exploding.
    I wonder who he was getting negative fuel from then.

4. Windstorm2 says:

I’m about to get my fury ignited. This is about the 5th article I’ve commented on that I didn’t get a subscribe email. I know I’ve been checking the boxes. Wonder if I’ll get emails of any comments? Perhaps I have inadvertently angered the WordPress gods.

1. Peaceful says:

Windstorm2, this happened to me at one point. You may be subscribed to too many posts at this point. It appears they have a limit as to how many you may subscribe to. Get in there and delete some and you’ll get that subscribe email again and be current with posts. Good luck!

5. Windstorm2 says:

Yeah, yeah. You don’t want us clingy and needy, but you get ticked off if we’re independent.

1. narc affair says:

Basically youre damned if you do youre damned if you dont. Walking a tightwire.

The Narcissistic Truths – No. 207