The Overload

THEOVERLOAD.jpg

Intriguing. Curious. Interesting. Exciting. Fascinating. Absorbing. Compelling. Gripping. Riveting. Captivating. Magnetic. Engaging. Enthralling. Alluring. Diverting. Distracting. Titillating. Tantalizing. Stimulating. Thought-provoking. Amazing. Brilliant. Magnificent. Scintillating. Astonishing. Mesmerizing. Hypnotic. Happiness. Joyful. Elation. Stunning. Alluring. Ecstasy. Uplifting. Empowering. Glowing. Buoyant. Overjoyed. Euphoric. Blissful. Exhilarated. Enraptured. Cheerful. Merry. Gleeful. Carefree. Smiling. Jovial. Fascinating. Unique. Breathtaking. Glorious. Beaming. Shining. Glittering. Sparkling. Blessed. Jocund. Exuberant. Gregarious. Charismatic. Sensational. Thrilling. Startling. Staggering. Lovely. Handsome. Beautiful. Caring. Gorgeous. Wonderful. Bonny. Radiant. Unforgettable. Unmissable. Enchanting. Entrancing. Bewitching. Wonderful. Exquisite. Remarkable. Outstanding. Impressive. Memorable. Arresting. Eye-catching. Masterful. First class. Delicious. Delectable. Scrumptious. Formidable. Virtuoso. Swell. Awesome. Fabulous. Divine. Heavenly Majestic. Noble. Engaging. Loving. Passionate. Ardent. Zealous Fervent. Encompassing. Intense. Impassioned. Vehement. Fiery. Sexual. Sensual. Mysterious. Animated. Spirited. Consuming. Burning. Mercurial. Vigorous. Athletic. Energetic. Erotic. Lustful. Amorous. Sultry. Torrid. Steamy. Electric. Devotion. Tenderness. Intimacy. Adoration. Endearment. Doting. Attentive. Idolization. Worshipping. Ardor. Desire. Adulation. Infatuation. Friendly. Besotted. Obsessed. Beloved. Perfection.

Distant. Aloof. Remote. Detached. Unresponsive. Unapproachable. Isolated. Formal. Cold. Icy. Stand-offish. Stiff. Austere. Withdrawn. Reserved. Indifferent. Unforthcoming, Uncommunicative. Unfriendly. Cool. Chilly. Unsociable. Disdainful. Frosty. Frigid. Supercilious. Haughty. Cut-off. Separated. Removed. Reticent. Taciturn. Forbidding. Introverted. Retiring. Private. Reclusive. Diffident.

Furious. Enraged. Raging. Infuriated. Inflamed. Fuming. Boiling. Incandescent. Irate. Irritated. Incensed. Seething. Mad. Ranting. Shouting. Violent. Ranting. Raving. Angered. Livid. Outraged. Indignant. Wrathful. Explosive. Destructive. Riled Apoplectic. Aerated Turbulent. Tempestuous. Fierce. Wild. Howling. Roaring. Insinuate. Blame. Label. Castigate. Accuse. Demean. Belittle. Disparage. Denigrate. Downgrade. Deprecate. Trivialize. Deride. Mock. Ridicule. Criticize. Scorn. Condemn. Abuse. Malign. Revile. Decry. Reprimand. Censure. Control. Harm. Hurt. Maltreat. Wound. Decry. Injure. Damage. Cripple. Disable. Maim. Mutilate. Scratch. Hit. Punch. Kick. Throttle. Strangle. Beat. Assault. Molest. Damage. Torture. Maltreat. Imprison. Misuse. Pervert. Exploit. Maul. Oppress. Bully. Insult. Grope. Manhandle. Push. Pull. Slap. Curse. Jibe. Tease. Rebuke. Upbraid. Slight. Disrespect. Defame. Segregate. Foul. Terrible Horrible. Unpleasant. Awful. Dreadful. Abominable. Loathsome. Vile. Frightening. Terrifying. Scary. Petrifying. Revolting. Repulsive. Odious. Sickening. Repellent. Nauseating. Repugnant. Horrendous. Hideous. Appalling. Atrocious. Offensive. Objectionable. Obnoxious. Unpalatable. Unsavory. Filthy. Off-putting. Noxious. Rank. Ghastly. Gruesome. Diabolical. Dangerous. Bad. Nasty. Severe. Alarming. Painful. Ugly. Muzzle. Suppress. Stifle. Gag. Grotesque. Unkind. Grave. Critical. Serious. Annoying. Unwelcome. Frustrating. Aggravating. Maddening Vexatious. Pernicious. Mendacious. Toxic. Poisonous. Virulent. Deadly.

Jettison. Discard. Scrap. Hurl. Dispose. Repudiate. Abandon. Leave. Drop. Relinquish. Reject. Axe. Fling. Dump. Ditch. Trash. Shed. Forsake. Vacate. Disappear. Vanish. Flit. Evaporate. Dissipate. Retire. Retreat. Pass. Ebb. Fade. Silence.

Appear. Hoover. Surprise. Pester. Stalk. Harass. Surface. Arise. Materialize. Occur. Emerge. Visible. Apparent. Reveal. Badger. Hound. Harry. Plague. Bedevil. Smear. Slur. Persecute. Bother. Annoy. Worry. Disturb. Trouble. Ghost. Haunt. Vex. Stress. Agitate. Provoke. Nag. Chivvy. Bait. Hassle. Bug. Pressure. Interfere. Mither. Regretful. Penitence. Contrition. Repentant. Rueful. Remorseful. Abject. Guilty. Apologetic. Sorry. Sheepish. Shameful. Ashamed. Pitiful. Pathetic. Woeful. Lamentable. Tragic, Wretched. Miserable. Plaintive. Forlorn. Promise. Pledge. Honour. Assurance. Vow. Oath. Guarantee. Chance. Commitment. Undertaking. Covenant. Swear. Change. Convert. Transform. Adapt. Modify. Rebuild. Remake. Refashion. Reconstruct. Beg. Plead. Beseech. Entreat. Implore. Ask. Request. Adjure. Exhort. Enjoin. Petition. Humble. False.

Repeat. Parrot. Recurrent. Regurgitate. Replicate. Duplicate. Restate. Reproduce. Again.

Exhaustion.

Overloaded.

Listen to The Overload

54 thoughts on “The Overload

1. EmP says:

Hi HG, I read this and thought of you:

“Mercury (Hg) looks intriguing in its shiny, fast-moving liquid form, but don’t touch, it can be extremely poisonous to humans. Mercury (Hg) is a very toxic element. It can enter the body through an open wound, It can then cause damage to nerves as well as a number of other symptoms”.

I am sure you don’t mind!

You are not alone in this observation.

1. EmP says:

It is also worth noting that, historically, man has been treating mercury with a mixture of fear and respect: a deadly poison and a potent medicine at the same time (just like you).

2. Twilight says:

Hydrargyrum

The symbol Hg that mercury is known by comes from its Greek name,
        hydrargyrum, which means “liquid silver” — to reflect its shiny surface. The element is also known as quicksilver for its mobility.

I never called you “mercury” I used an older name for this intriguing and deadly liquid. It has many uses one being the liquid that is used in amalgam fillings for dental work. I used to separate the powder and mercury then play with the mercury, never touching it yet marveled at how it always formed a ball and would roll around in the dampen dish.

I called you this name almost three years ago.!

3. Twilight says:

This is just random of what happen to me today at work. I am looking at my schedule of patients for the afternoon and iunder one of the names it reads *****needs HG**** I laughed cause hell the first thing I think of isn’t what HG means at work, yet of you HG. Well it turns out she really does need HG I directed her to the blog…..signs signs everywhere signs 🎶

I am everywhere.

2. SuperNova says:

In a few words you have simplified it

Supernova
      What is the “it” that has been simplified?

3. kel says:

My brother was a cerebral, but he also said he had attractive legs. He had very good taste, best of everything, and liked to impress. I’m wondering if a cerebral is good looking, people will be attracted to him automatically, so he’s also somatic without much effort. A narc chooses which path based on the attention he’ll get. I remember him saying when he was little, people would comment how intelligent he was, so he focused on his intelligence.

My somatic boss said when he was in school he played the horn in band, but then he noticed the girls liked athletes so he became a basketball player.

Narc have both cerebral and somatic in them, but one is dominant. Sam V writes when it’s time to switch to somatic, for a short period, that he works out and gets into great shape, throws on the charm, and has wild sex. When he goes back to cerebral, he sometimes misses his somatic side.

I guess what I’m thinking about is how my cerebral brother was also somatic.

Sam V and wild sex is an oxymoron – we all know that.

1. kel says:

Well, you know your kind embellishes. That’s what he said, I don’t know what she said.

2. MB says:

Bless his little heart.

3. windstorm says:

HG
        Ha, ha! It is rather impossible to picture SV having wild sex! Maybe as a fantasy in his mind.

I daresay trying to imagine it would cause one’s libido to vanish.

1. MB says:

Wild sex with Sam V. I see it as akin to the thrill of the challenge to bring a prostitute to orgasm. Or bedding a nun.

4. nunya biz says:

I do notice some men have a very questionable idea about what “wild sex” is, but being a narcissist I guess it’s pretty easy and convenient for him to maintain it.

Agreed.

I think by wild sex SV means he uses his non-dominant hand.

Brilliant.

6. kel says:

Now would Sam be happy that he became the focal piece here or wounded?

Who?

7. Lou says:

I don’t follow SV but I watched a few of his videos some time ago and I remember one where he kind of says he is not very sexual. His wife is in it. I am surprised to read he is now talking about he having wild sex.
        Could he be imitating you HG?

Quite possibly, not that he is able to.

1. Lou says:

You are funny, HG.
            Strange question: do you know how to fly an aircraft?

I do.

3. Lou says:

Do you do it often? Do you pilot aircrafts often?

8. Becoming Observant says:

Who is Sam V?

No idea.

1. Becoming Observant says:

I’m lost on that one…

I have missed revelations in my absence. Time to read your archive blogs and other newstuffs.

Happy New Year, HG.

9. Kel says:

I understand your drift and won’t use as a reference again. I’m here for learning and discussion. My comment was about my brother.

10. Kel says:

Lou, from what I’ve read, narcissists have both cerebral and somatic traits in them, but one is dominant. He is cerebral, doesn’t care for sex or his body, but there are times when his somatic trait comes upfront and dominant and lasts for a short time. He’s not claiming to be both. He’s not ordinarily sexual. It happens few and far between, not often, and is about getting fuel. This thread has been taken out of context, I wish I had not typed the word ‘wild’.

1. Lou says:

Thanks for the explanation, kel. That explains it then.
          Don’t worry about the thread being taken out of context. It is kind of a tradition in this blog to make a little fun of Sam V.

1. MB says:

It’s all light hearted banter. HG doesn’t have an issue with Sam V either. There is a thread where he says such. Now Celine Dion, Yoda, and JC are another story!

Btw, If I’m not mistaken, he made comment in one of his videos that he’s impotent. (Sam V, not HG of course!)

2. Mercy says:

What’s wrong with JC?

3. Mercy says:

Woops nevermind. I was thinking Jay -Z

11. nunya biz says:

kel, I always enjoy reading your comments and on this one I enjoyed also the sarcastic banter that followed. I have sex ADD
        : P
        so if someone brings that up it’s like something shiny distracted me.
        Sorry if your point got ignored. I find your point interesting and I am following the conversation.

I’ve been reading everything the last couple of days through the lens of analyzing my husband. Anm and the conversation with MB about her spouse brought up some interesting points about cerebrals/victims, sex life, etc.. and I’m so curious to read more.
        I remember HG alluding to some differences in the sexuality of different cadres but I don’t know if that is elaborated somewhere.

1. MB says:

Nunya, I’m pretty sure I have sex ADD too!

12. kel says:

At last, thank you Nunya Biz very much! Lol, saying wild sex on this blog, is like saying Squirrel in the movie, Up.

2. WhoCares says:

Hi kel,

“One thing I notice too is that narc avoid manual labor. Moving furniture, repairing things isn’t any of their forte, and is quietly slipped away from, will do later, something ingrained in them to avoid.”

I don’t know much about Sam V’s somatic side – or lack there of – because the only narc I pay attention to is HG.
      However, I do know that my narc never avoided manual labor. We always moved our own furniture (even between cities), etc.,..just he and I (occasionally with one other adult); we never used movers, we tore out an entire kitchen together and did other physically demanding tasks related to my line of work. He never complained, he took a certain pride in it and would sometimes lift/move stuff (despite my protestations) that really should be done by two people. He also had a very physically demanding job when I met him.

These (and other) tasks that we excelled at together are partly what dismayed and confused me post-entanglement because I knew that we were capable of accomplishing very challenging tasks and overcoming difficult obstacles when putting our minds – and bodies – into it and working as a team. Also, this was throughout the relationship – not just during the golden period.

I can only guess that the energy invested for him wasn’t significant – because he was plenty strong enough to do these things and fuel-wise it must also haved worked for him because I admired the fact that he could do these things and it was very satisfying to accomplish them together.

This ‘evidence’ that we worked well together probably kept me hanging in longer (despite other stressors) and cause me to give serious consideration (and research efforts) to starting a business together.

I *thank* my lucky stars – and whatever God(s) exist – that I did not pursue any business venture with him. As this would have been one further thing to tie me to him!

1. kel says:

WhoCares, I don’t know if Sam moves furniture or not. My brother, boss, another narc at the office, don’t though. They let other men do that in my experience. However if there aren’t any other men around to do it, then they’d have to do it themselves. Same as I don’t squash bugs if someone else is around to do it, but if it’s just me, I close my eyes, drop a book on them, press a shoe on them, apologize to them first, etc.

1. MB says:

Kel, I enjoyed the mental picture of you squashing bugs. I only kill them as a last resort (if they can’t be taken outside). And I apologize to them too! It doesn’t make me feel better for somebody else to kill them at my direction though. If I call for the hit, I’m to blame for the death.

2. kel says:

Hi MB, I’m not blame shifting on the bug killing, and I don’t have any guilt afterwards. I just get the heebie jeebies at having to do the deed. I apologize because I know they don’t want to be killed, so at that moment I hear my n-moms voice say, Well if they don’t want to be killed, they shouldn’t be in here. So there’s my narc moment & my needs come first. I take them outside too if it’s not too gross, too far, they won’t escape and get on me, and there’s a door close by!

3. Becoming Observant says:

I have a friend that appears to be/claims to be an empathic, sensitive man. After working on a few projects with him (and observing his interactions with others), I suspect he is a narcissist. Whenever heavy lifting is required, he shows up in a three-piece suit. Leaves it to the lady (me) to do the heavy stuff.

I suppose it all depends on the fuel they need.

4. windstorm says:

WhoCares
        One of the things my Pretzel MnM takes great pride in is being able to figure out and do anything, if he has a book or manual for reference.
        He has remodeled houses, put in plumbing. Done all the electrical wiring in a house, reroofed, changed out the head on a car, pulled and replaced the wheels, etc. When my clothes dryer went out, he and my eldest son took it apart, downloaded info from google, ordered the parts and put it back together. And they are both cerebrals. It’s part of their ego that they can figure out do anything.

1. WhoCares says:

Windstorm,

I can see how that would appeal to a cerebral’s particular sense of superiority…I guess they would get fuel from people’s gratitude and it would contribute to their facade as a ‘helpful’ individual…?

1. windstorm says:

WhoCares
            Fuel from gratitude, yes, but more from the “wow” factor when it’s seen that he can read a manual and successfully do something that he was never trained to do that most people can’t do. It is very impressive.

I don’t think “helpful” has ever been part of his façade! That would make him laugh! 😝.

5. kel says:

You know WS, that’s right. I’m referring to somatics not doing manual labor. My brother, (and what my comment was about), was cerebral but with a high level of somatic traits in regard to his appearance, having the best of everything. He was also gay, so maybe that’s another dynamic.

3. Anm says:

Kel,
      I totally get it about the somatic/cerebral dynamic theory. There is always some underlying sexual issue/fetish with cerebrals going on. I think their sexuality is apart of the Narcissist insecurity that they avoid, and it surfaces under different circumstances.

4. Chihuahuamum says:

I cant imagine sam vaknin and wild sex lol no disrespect but hes an asexual. I do wonder if hes bisexual but quite often with npd they are fluid in sexuality so this is a very real possibility. He lights up around richard grannon.

4. Caroline R says:

HG
    Intense!

Excellent work!
    This piece leaves the reader feeling exhausted at the end, just as planned.
    Just as in real life.

Thank you.

5. lisk says:

The Overload from The Overlord!

6. Findinglife11 says:

Good one here. Excellent.

7. Newby 1111 says: