The Magnet Empath

the magnet empath

The Magnet Empath. This is an empathic individual who has certain magnetic tendencies which are layered onto their classification as an empath, super empath or co-dependent. The Magnet Empath is a person that people are instinctively and naturally drawn to. This person has an inner light which is easily recognised by certain people; those who are in need. The Magnet Empath might be sat on a tube train when the person next to them will find an irresistible urge to want to tell them that they are travelling to an important interview and they are feeling nervous. The Magnet Empath might be waiting in line to be served in a shop when the customer behind them begins to tell them about their concerns and worries, or where the Magnet Empath is sat watching the swans on a lake when a stranger will sit beside them and start to tell their life story. If you find that complete strangers have a tendency to share intimate and private details with you at the drop of a hat, that they feel a need to off load to you within moments of meeting you and confide in you about their hopes, fears and problems, then you have this magnetic quality.

You draw those in need to you. This is because you shine with this inner light which acts as a beacon of hope and that is what the Magnet Empath embodies; hope. Your empathic nature lights up rooms, illuminates the darkest of situations and brightens the dullest day and this is because you are a walking beacon of hope.

The Magnet Empath moves with confidence and purpose. There is no swagger or arrogance in the way that they enter a room, this person glides, they are serene and elegant. You will not witness any timid scurrying or rolling shoulder bluster, but somebody who is calm and assured. This individual has a clear sense of self – something which appeals to our kind – and this radiates wherever they are. Heads turn, eyes focus and people gravitate towards the appearance of the Magnet Empath. People’s faces light up, there is a lifting of the mood and people want to be seen with and to be next to the Magnet Empath.

Whereas our kind expects this kind of reaction from those around us and indeed seeks and demands it, the Magnet Empath accepts attention with grace and humility. They are not shy, they are not reserved, but there is none of the bluff and bragging that would accompany the engagement of a narcissist with those assembled. The Magnet Empath moves amongst people with a lightness of touch, an encouraging smile, a soft hand placed on the arm and hope shines from him or her.

The Magnet Empath will talk about themselves but in a manner which is encouraging and inspirational. Whilst our kind will also inspire it is done from a platform of declaring one’s own brilliance and you should be more like me. Those with the magnetic empathy will inspire by explaining that the listener is already empowered they just need to release it and to explain that if the magnetic empath can achieve certain aims then so can the listener. They emphasise the connectivity between them and those they interact with, demonstrating how essentially, since they are empathic individuals, they are all cut from the same cloth. The narcissist will demonstrate how we are a cut above and use jealousy and envy as motivational tools instead, demanding improvement, whipping individuals into action for fear of the consequences of not doing so, emphasising the difference between the narcissist and the listener and indicating, heavily, that the listener needs to shape up or ship out, go big or go home, if he or she is to achieve anything.

He or she is content for others to share the limelight and indeed positively encourages it which contrasts with the spotlight stealing behaviour of our kind, but this also acts as an attracting factor to our kind. We identify somebody who can capture the spotlight but does not wish to hog it, allowing us to camp on to it instead.

The Magnet Empath wants to harness potential, bring motivation through the provision of hope, the instilling of belief and the raising of optimism. The Magnet Empath is not one of practicality however. They will not assume the mantle of responsibility for an individual and will not get their hands excessively dirty on behalf of another but rather their aim is to cause those around them to feel better in themselves through their own innate abilities, to tap into as yet unharnessed skills and attributes. This person provides panache and style, bringing hope through words, rather than through actions, a person who can influence in a positive manner the lives of many. Whereas the Carrier Empath is a rugged and practical individual and tends to focus on assisting only a few people, sometimes often only one – usually our kind – the Magnet Empath can affect many people at once with their messages of hope and inspiration.

This individual always believes in hope. This is what drives them and causes them to provide extensive fuel generated by this hope. They hope that love can conquer all and therefore are significant love devotees. They refuse to give up, often flogging a dead horse, endeavouring to overcome the insurmountable. This hope often blinds those with magnetic tendencies to the reality of a situation and causes them to engage in courses of action which invariably result in harm to the empathic person. Blind hope will take them down a path which will be exploited by our kind.

Excellent fuel is generated by this gracious individual, their words inspiring, uplifting, praising and complimenting. They are content to say all of these words and expect little or nothing in return, save that the listener grasps hope and secures growth and achievement. The Magnet Empath is also easily led by false exhibitions of hope, the slightest glimmer is something that they will latch on to in the expectation of improvement and seeing changes. Where the narcissist gives this person cause to hope, it will cause the individual to remain in the grasp of the narcissist as they dangle hope before them to keep them bound.

Often this person need not say anything. Their composure and general demeanour marks them out as who they are, which means that many people engage with them as strangers, unaware that sub-consciously they are drawn to the Magnet Empath. These people are sought after as inspirational speakers, people who present prizes, open new buildings, support charitable trusts and such like and their popularity in this regard and the desire of people who just want to reach out and be touched by the Magnet Empath means that they will often find themselves pulled in many directions and spread thin. This impacts on their energy levels as they feel unable to say no to anybody, not wanting to extinguish the hope that they have begun to cultivate. Instead the Magnet Empath will often take on many different obligations and functions for a wide variety of people with not only consequences for their own ability to deliver but their interaction with our kind when we have ensnared a Magnet Empath.

The Lesser Narcissist tend not to choose those with strong magnetic tendencies. This is because the jealous nature of the narcissist as a whole, but especially the less capable Lesser, means that they fear being overshadowed far too quickly and their resentment would be palpable notwithstanding their seduction. The Lesser’s low control threshold would result in him or her being unable to keep their fury under control during seduction and thus the seduction would fail. Accordingly, it is not attempted. Furthermore, the Lesser will hate the attention that this individual would receive with the upshot that the Lesser would be ignored and overlooked. Unable to compete, the Lesser would be repeatedly wounded and notwithstanding the fuel that comes from the Magnet Empath, this would not be enough. Thus it is unusual to find a Lesser who has ensnared such a person.

The Mid-Ranger likes and wants those empaths with magnetic qualities as they encompass those attributes – charisma, likeability, people skills – which the Mid Ranger believes that he or she has and wishes to project to the world at large. Those with magnetic tendencies prove to be a double-edged sword however. The Mid Ranger will struggle to resist, naturally being drawn to this person for who they are because they are prime material for the narcissist, but find themselves awash with jealousy and envy once devaluation begins. During seduction, these traits can be kept in check and the Mid Ranger will appropriate the benign traits of the Magnet Empath for his own use, but once devaluation commences, he becomes coated in envy which will manifest as prolonged and repeated sulking silent treatments.

The Greater Narcissist revels in the Magnet Empath. Possessing similar levels of charm and magnetism, the Greater finds mirroring extremely easy in order to attract this type of empath. The Magnet Empath’s popularity is also appealing to the Greater who basks in the reflected glory of other people’s enthusiasm, praises the Greater for being with such a wonderful person and naturally soaks up the motivating and complimentary words of the Magnet Empath towards him or her. The Greater regards their acquisition as one which actually saves the Greater some work by attracting additional appliances which the Greater will draw fuel from, hijack as his own appliances and then turn against the Magnet Empath when the smearing commences during devaluation.

The Magnet Empath is a popular person with many empathic attributes, their energy level is not as great as other kinds since they engage more in words than actions, but that is not to say they do not act, just not to the same degree as other types of empath. They also have many demands on their time and attention which ultimately will clash with the desires of our kind, resulting in conflict and control. This will not only hurt this type of empath but result in them feeling torn since they feel obliged to assist others, not just the narcissist and this will result in the narcissist wishing to regulate those behaviours and isolate the Magnet Empath. Their capacity to draw people to them in whatever circumstance, even when not actively doing so, will irk the narcissist considerably during devaluation and provide him or her with the grounds for attack and triangulation.

An excellent fuel provider, both in themselves and the ability to bring others to the narcissist’s table and  the Magnet Empath is someone who hangs in there, always strung along by hope, which is at the centre of the magnet’s being,usually to their ultimate detriment during devaluation and also in terms of susceptibility to post discard/post escape hovering.

20 thoughts on “The Magnet Empath

1. Narc noob says:

Are you able to give some examples of famous people that are magnet empaths please HG?

2. Narc noob says:

What of your past 4 IPPS, can I ask if they were all SME? Could you give some examples of these, ie, famous people for example?

I think I should like to meet one of these people, a big dash of normal, a few Narc traits, and the rest SME. Pretty much a perfect individual I would say 😍😊

Many thanks 🙏

The nature of my IPPSs will be discussed in the book The Asylum of the Grotesque.

1. Narc noob says:

Does talking about other examples take the spotlight off you, or is this a boring topic, or something else. 😁

Anyone???

No because you are seeking my opinion/observation so it does not take the spotlight off me.

If a question is not answered it will be because
          1. I have answered it many times before and I am not doing so again;
          2. It is a detailed and personal matter which is best addressed through consultation;
          3. I do not have time to do so (there is no obligation on my part to answer questions here – although some people (I am not suggesting you think this by the way) seem to think I DO have such an obligation) ; or
          4. I may have missed the question in amongst a mass of text.

3. Narc noob says:

HG, now I want to be an ME after reading that, great reading, thank you…Oh and maybe some *normal* thrown in for good measure too, perhaps? 😉

Can you give some examples throughout history of these people? I could try but it will probably be more accurate coming from you. CHEERS 🙏

4. Supernova DE says:

HG,
    Is the magnet empath always an extrovert?
    If not, would an introverted magnet present differently than you describe?
    Thank you.

They are not always an extrovert.

5. Jess says:

I love this article<3. The narcissists that I’ve dated all mirror so I’m tricked into believing they are just like me. I get comfortable and become more outgoing. This turns quickly into them going stranger mode. Then I realize that they hate everything I do and it makes for an easy escape. Happens every time.

6. Laurie says:

Wow….this is an exact description of me. One the tube, on the bus, waiting in line at the bank, walking by the river……total strangers bare their soul to me.
    Before my husband became too ill to go out, we would walk in to crowded restaurants and people quite literally stop eating and watch me. I am always hugely embarrassed by this but I think that my Narcissist husband enjoyed the attention that I got because it reflected somewhat on him.

I always wanted to go to a table in the corner to avoid everyone’s eyes on me, but no, my husband would INSIST that we sat at a table slap bang on the middle of the restaurant so that everyone could see me.
    A few people have even said to me, ‘I don’t what it is, but there’s something about you that is magnetic’.
    I often feel exhausted….absolutely drained of energy because it almost feels that other people are constantly ‘feeding’ off me.

Again Mr. Tudor, an excellent observation.

Thank you Laurie.

2. marinathemermaid3 says:

Sounds similar to my comment! Strong boundaries are a must.

1. Laurie says:

Yes I think you are right

7. marinathemermaid3 says:

Wow. Again I have to say this describes me to a t. I’m a massage therapist by profession and each client seems compelled to tell me their personal problems. It seems like I have a sign on my forehead that says, unburden yourself to me! Its actually annoying when I go out to have fun and people at the bar start laying all this heavy shit on me. The need to have strong boundaries is a must if I don’t want to get completely drained. I’ve gotten better at saying no or just walking away. This has been going on since I was a kid.

8. marinathemermaid3 says:

H.G. this blog has saved my life. I think I’m becoming a Tudorette! Just want to say thank you. Before finding your site I was beginning to doubt myself and my perceptions. Then I figured well, it’s over anyway, I got out and that’s the end of it. I never ever thought I’d be hoovered. Our “relationship ” wasn’t that long. Now he’s making his Hoover move and if it weren’t for the knowledge you’ve provided I think I’d be sucked right back in. Again, thank you.

You’re most welcome

9. marinathemermaid3 says:

Totally me and my mid ranger. I used to think he was just jealous of other guys talking to me at the bar, but then I became aware that he was just jealous of me period.
    He’s hoovering me big time right now. Sucks because I really wanted to go out to my haunt but I’m afraid he will be there.

10. Renarde says:

Ahh, The Magnet. My own cadre.

I’ve read this piece before but as always, it serves to read again. Thank you HG.

The Magnet is indeed the bringer of hope, a person who uses words rather than actions. A magnet is a funny cadre to sit in. To have others attracted to you when you are just going about, doing your business. You get the sense that somehow, you are attracting too much attention but have no idea how to switch it off.

People sit next to you in classes who then copy your work, people want to be near you to bathe in your ‘leadership’ or just people who want what you have created for themselves but lack the ability to do so in the first place. At the more sinister end is of course those that want to tangle with you romantically. There are others who talk to you in the street, tell you their life stories; their deepest pain. You tell them yours.

I was speaking to someone last night who said, ‘Hope, that lying bitch’ (or WTTE). I couldn’t help but agree and conversely disagree. It’s all to do with entropy. The thrust of the argument was that if you keep on hoping, then you will lose. I do agree with this. But I can also hold the other argument.

Entropy for those that do not know is the second law of thermodynamics. That in any given system, entropy increases. The universe will end in heat death. The pressure and temperatures taken mean that it is a certainty. All energy present at the ‘Big Bang’ will be there at the end. The exact quantity down to the very last joule.

Ns are very very good indeed at conserving energy. Likewise, Es are very very good at squandering energy. But essentially, as the universe tries to smooth all all pockets of energy in the long term, in the short term, small pockets of order are brought about by random. In the long term however, the inevitable happens of course and entropy must win. Or as we say, tend to zero. (Or is it 1? I confused on this?)

Ns operate by creating environments where they gain the most efficient usage of energy via appliances they operate. Es can bring about order but largely do so in a chaotic fashion.

The world of the QM is a numbers game. Sometimes, various scenarios can be thrown up just by the very nature of Lady L herself. THIS is hope. That the universe throws back at us the precise hand we need to win the game at that point. Or it may not.

The little boy lost who is cold and hurt and frightened. The small girl who was told to die and rot on the bed. Hope did not appear for either of those two children at that point in time. But later, she did. At the right time.

Look; don’t take my word for it. I’ve never really understood the second law either. All I do know is that if it ain’t broke don’t fix it and never, ever stop believing in Hope.

1. Presque Vu says:

I like your points Renarde about entropy and thermal dynamics. I like examples like that because you can relate with an example. That’s something HG is very good at. You are very intelligent and I like your posts a lot!

Hope, that’s the defining quality for a magnet? And drawing people to you… I’m trying to identify what I am. HG has told me I’m an Empath so that I know.

Does having everybody stop by my desk at work to chat to me, banter, even confide in me count?… from the CEO daily! To Directors to Scientists to Technical Managers to warehouse and factory. People tell me so many things even when I make sales appointments, I meet on site, at architects or structural engineer offices and those strangers tell me too much sometimes!!

I wouldn’t say I’m very graceful though, more clumsy! Like on this forum for example, I don’t always get involved or join in the good banter but I laugh my head off! So maybe anti social to a degree too.

I just have no idea and sadly I can’t afford the consultations at this time. So, a saviour is believing I can save.. well I can’t save anybody but myself but I can offer an ear and advice. I’m not a carrier but my sister clearly is I recognised her in the description immediately!

Im also really bad for searching for the truth, I must know! And I believe completely in love, my book collection and love of romantic poets like Keats and Wordsworth can testify to this. I also hate injustice and I’m REALLY not scared to call someone out on their shit either.

Who knows..

Oh yeah plus I have a furious temper and feisty with it! I’ve had my share of being a massive narcissist but then feel bad after 😬

Does anybody else struggle to place themselves but can easily tell others? I feel like I’m all of them and a narc too!

I’m really frustrated with myself!
      I honestly don’t care which cadre I am, I’m not good at not knowing 🤯

1. Renarde says:

Presque you are really kind! Thank you!

I know precisely what you mean about cadre. I struggle too. It seems to be a common trait in Emps. For example, I can’t place you either from your description. I’m not even sure on your school but yet bizarrely in most cases I can identify a Ns S and C from even another person writing about them.

Hope…yeah. The Universe speaks to us all the time. Young called it synchronicity. I had it a couple of nights ago. It was quite spooky actually when I think back to it but I wasn’t frightened.

I’d just finished speaking to someone about how it feels, being aware. It’s amazing, like you are possessing some kind of obscure, arcane knowledge. I’ve found it incredibly painful at times. Lonely too. Anyway, after the convo, I sat thinking about the whole shebang and was busy congratulating myself on NOT dying, when a picture of a fox directly opposite from where I was sitting, fell off the wall. Kind of came off it’s hook and slid down the wall. Weird. I took it that I’m on the right track. Somehow.

Maybe on reflection, PQ, I do see a lot of magnet in your description of yourself.

Red Flag