What Goes on Below

WHAT GOESON BELOW?

“Do that again and you will regret it.”

Those are the words which I will speak in about five minutes, but I am getting ahead of myself.

Welcome to my court. Here I am, sat at my rightful place at the head of the table. Prominent, elevated and overseer of those that have been magnanimously invited to look upon me and bask in their admiration of my glory. I sit, fork in one hand and knife in the other. There is food on my plate but I pay it no regard as I did not prepare it. Instead I am smiling. That rich, bountiful smile of the generous ruler that I am as I allow my subjects to draw close to me and experience a fragment of what it is like to be as brilliant as me. I know I am brilliant because right now the flames of power are high and bright inside of me. They are strong, they are intense and the power they imbue is washing back and forth over me, causing this rictus grin to become affixed to my face. I could not remove this smile even if I wanted to because it has been plastered there by the power that is coursing through me. This power is edifying and invigorating, twisting flames which dart and climb inside of me so that I feel as if I am taking off. I have to fight to remain in my seat as I want to leap onto the table, booted feet scattering plates and glasses as I allow this power to overwhelm me and I surge towards a higher place and thus empowered I will speak to those assembled and dazzle them. My mind races, thoughts fighting with one another. I see the smiling faces, the open mouths denoting laughter, I can hear the delight and amusement that I have caused amongst my dinner guests. I did that. I had all eyes on me, those eyes widening with interest and adoration as I regaled my anecdote to the guests. Each focused pair of eyes, the expressions of concentration, the rapt attention that was flowing my way, the mouths closed, set silent not daring to nor needing to interrupt me, all demonstrated that I was the sole attraction here. As my own eyes looked from face to face, never truly distinguishing who each person was, I drank in the fuel. It was not the recognition of who those people are but rather the emotions that I could see, hear and sense. Each look of admiration, each closed mouth which told me that the floor was mine and they had no need to interrupt as they wanted to listen, from each of the people sat around the table caused fuel to flow towards me, just as I wanted. Here, in my court, sat in my throne, I am surrounded by my lieutenants and members of my coterie. These inner circle individuals who are supportive, respectful and loyal to me because they know how fortunate they are to be associated with me. Their laughter, delight and admiration flows around the room, like fuel in a tank and I want it all. How wonderful this power is, how it enables me to shine and dazzle so I receive even more of this precious resource. I nod slowly in recognition, almost able to see the pipelines which lead from each guest to me. I can picture the golden, sparkling fuel as it is pumped towards me, ready to feed those flames of power and then I see it.

Your pipeline is empty. Nothing flows along it. That is when I see that you are not laughing, you are not even smiling at my entertaining recollection. Instead, your eyes show you are bored and you have just rolled them as I delivered the flourish of the conclusion to my tale. In that instant the flames become doused. They are snuffed out and suddenly the power that they created is starting to ebb and I can feel myself falling, sinking and then that sensation of unease begins to spread, from the centre of my chest and radiating outwards. You are sat there seemingly unmoved by my anecdote but not only that you have chosen to signal to me that not only does it not entertain you, but it bored you. I can feel the wound caused by your bored look. It pains me, evidence of the criticism which you have sent my way, unjustified and unwarranted.

Then it happens. I feel the ignition as the fury has a spark set to it. The rage begins to climb inside of me. I can feel its effect trying to twist my face into a snarl but I have to control it. Important members of my façade are here, it would not do to explode as I feel like I must do so and let you know what you have done to me. I want to pick up this crystal glass and hurl it from my end of the table to your end so it strikes you on the forehead and knocks you from your seat. I want to smash a plate over your head but I must control these manifestations of the rage that is rising inside of me. I know I can. I have done it many times before. Thankfully nobody else has seen your treacherous behaviour and I manage to shift my blackening gaze from you to the lady to my left and she is continuing to smile. Yes, smile for me Helen, smile, yes, good.

“That was hilarious, I love your stories,” she remarks as she cuts at the meat on her plate.

I feel power returning from this fuel she has provided for me. Thank you Helen, thank you, I knew I could rely on you. Yes, and you as well Tom, good, sweet Tom who never fails to laugh at everything I say and is still doing so. I can feel the rage being beaten back by this additional fuel which continues to fuel. I blink twice, caught between the receding fury and the gathering power from the fuel. I can sense the relief as the power begins to wash over me again as I avoid looking at you and keep drinking in the fuel from my friends, my good, kind and loyal friends. They know what to do. They would not betray me, not like you. I am beginning to wonder why I even bother with you now. It is not as if you contribute much over dinner anyway. I would have thought that you would have realised that it is your role to support me and allow me to shine, but you seem not to want to do that do you? I don’t know why. It is not as if I have not been kind to you, too kind maybe, perhaps you need reminding of why you exist? Yes, a prompt reminder is called for. I would cut you down right now with a scything comment but that might fracture the façade. After all, nobody saw what you did and I am not so stupid as to do something which damages everybody’s favourable impression of me. No, my acidic tongue, although itching to lash out at you, for the fury is still there, albeit diminishing, will stay still in my mouth at this dinner table. I continue to drink in the fuel, feeling powerful, emboldened and engorged. I can tell Helen is interested in me and why not? Perhaps a promotion is on the cards for her, moving her from inner circle friends to intimate partner and installation as primary source. She would relish the opportunity. I have no doubt about that.

I am forced to put consideration of a personnel change to one side as I see you leave the table and head towards the kitchen. Here is my chance.

“Excuse me ladies and gentlemen,” I smile again as I stand. All eyes swing my way again, expectation dancing in them.

“I have some more wine for you.”

There is a cheer and the fuel flows further for me at this delighted reaction to my largesse. The flames are climbing now as I leave the table and the chatter of the guests behind and enter the kitchen where you are about to pick up the tiered cake that you have created for pudding. You whip around as soon as you sense my presence and your eyes are round as you have anticipated what is coming. Good, you recognise my greatness and it does not create defiance but rather uncertainty and fear. I can see your concern etched across your face.

“Do that again and you will regret it,” I say slowly, my eyes staring straight at yours, my gaze impenetrable and darkening. You shrink back as I loom over you. I can feel the flames rising as the negative fuel pumps from you, your fear and apprehension just what I wanted.

“Do what?” you reply.

“Don’t fucking lie to me,” I hiss and this makes you jump. The flames lick a little higher.

“I don’t know what you mean,” you protest. You are rooted to the spot but leaning away from me, your body language fuelling me as it displays your obvious unease.

“Yes you do, how dare you fucking roll your eyes at me,” I press.

“I didn’t.”

“Are you saying I am making it up?”

“No, no, I just I er, “you start to flounder, caught between wanting to cling to the truth, truth-seeker that you are and cautious of enraging me further.

“You just what? Spit it out,” I command.

“I er,”

I want to smile as I delight in your apprehension and the simple exhibition of my power over you. In an instant I have drawn my negative fuel from you and stunned you into confused silence. Power indeed.

“Well?” I urge. I am enjoying this. This is all good fuel.

“Nothing. I am sorry, I must have been distracted by something else, I have a lot on my mind with work, you know, I will push it to one side and enjoy the evening, I am sorry.”

Your apology strengthens the flames. I hold your gaze a little longer as your eyes flick from my left eye to my right eye as if you expect to find approval or forgiveness in them.

“You better had,” I say softly as I continue to look at you, “otherwise you know what will happen?”

I extend the forefinger on my left hand and slowly and deliberately push it into the sponge of the cake, my digit driving into the yielding cake. Your eyes stare at the gesture as your mouth tightens in fear. I remove my finger leaving a deep and obvious indentation in the top of the cake as I lick my finger clean. I continue to stare at you and wait.

You nod.

There it is the compliance I sought.

The fuel flows and now I can turn and return to my waiting admirers having ensured you understand who is the master and who is the servant.

No raised voices. No smashed plates. No slamming doors.

Façade maintained and fuel obtained.

This is what goes on below.

26 thoughts on “What Goes on Below

1. evilmuskhat says:

HG, why have you refused my question?

I haven’t. It will be in moderation. Read the rules.

2. santaann1964 says:

I gotta go now my fellow beautiful empaths! Keep being you, the light workers of the world. A vessel to heal some and some not. I feel that being in this forum keeps me focused on the devil of mine. It’s just creepy and pathetic that another human can down right purposely seek out to control, manipulate, and destroy us beautiful people. I do thank you very much Mr. H for your knowledge and I think you would totally agree with me. I did want to stick around to hear about your evil mother but all and all it doesn’t make it ago to be cruel. Good bye!

3. Sarah Jane says:

Probably syphillis or gonorrhea from the ‘alleged’ amount of sexual partners.

4. pavotdeschamps says:

I believe my narc is an Upper Mid-Range Narcissist leaning more on the Somatic side than the Cerebral side of the Elite cadre. He has both the malign influence of the Greater and the economy of approach of the Lesser. He is of African descent and some ancestral magic must have been passed on to him. Unlike you HG when you applied your spikes to the side of Kay’s calf to wound her, all my narc has to do is mutter some hex to physically injure me. He appears to be passive-aggressive but he is deadly indeed. He his a master at triangulations. He is able to cast his spells through someone else, the poor creature not being aware of it’s implication in the evil ways of the narc. I had two accidents since he injected himself in my life. True No Contact is not an option since we work at the same place. Fortunately I can choose a work timetable different from his. Which means he gets to work week days, and I get to work weekends. My latest injury could have cost me my job (I need to be reasonably fit to do what I do). I am a single mom supporting a child who is starting university next September. This situation and the extra expenses in mental and physical health care are hard on us. All of this is starting to get to me.

HG, am I correct in assessing this narc as an UMRN? His malign nature seems to spring more out of pulsion than planning, but it’s been more than a year (15 months) that we’ve been dancing this dance. Like Kay, I made the error of coming to the « club » with him sitting at the head of the table…

Hello PDC, I would need more information to provide you with an accurate assessment and therefore recommend that you organise a Narc Detector Consultation.

1. pavotdeschamps says:

HG could an audio consultation be an appropriate procedure for this as well as your directives on the best course of action, since total NC is not possible?

1. pavotdeschamps says:

Thank you. I am sending the request today.

Received.

5. pavotdeschamps says:

I believe my narc is an Upper Mid-Range Narcissist leaning more on the Somatic side than the Cerebral side of the Elite cadre. He has both the malign influence of the Greater and the economy of approach of the Lesser. He is of African descent and some ancestral magic must have been passed on to him. Unlike you HG when you applied your spikes to the side of Kay’s calf to wound her, all my narc has to do is mutter some hex to physically injure me. He appears to be passive-aggressive, but he is deadly indeed. He is a master at triangulations, but not ordinary ones, as he is able to cast his spells through someone else, the poor creature not being aware of it’s implication in the evil ways of the narc. I had two accidents since he injected himself in my life. True No contact is not an option since we work at the same place. Fortunately I can choose a work timetable different from his. Which means he gets to work week days, and I get to work the weekend. My latest injury could have cost me my job (I need to be reasonably fit to do what I do). I am a single mom supporting a child who is starting university next September. This situation and the extra expenses in both mental and physical health care are hard on us. All of this is starting to get to me.

HG, am I correct in assessing this narc as an UMRN? His malign nature seems to spring more out of pulsion than planning, but it’s been more than a year (15 months) that we’ve been dancing this dance. Like Kay I made the error of coming to the « club » with him sitting at the head of the table…

More information is needed and a Narc Detector Consultation is the appropriate forum.

1. pavotdeschamps says:

Sorry this was a duplicate. Thank you for your reply.

6. Sarah Jane says:

Mr Tudor, do your comments go into moderation so that they can then be moderated by you and then accepted by you if the contents are suitable?

7. evilmuskhat says:

HG, imagine a scenario where everyone you meet ignores you and provides no fuel. How would this effect you. I am guessing the creature would be released and you would be finished. Am I correct? I know this is hypothetical and it is extremely unlikely to happen but I’m thinking, if it did would suicide be the preferred option?

1. It is extremely unlikely as you identify.
      2. It would cause wounding.
      3. This would result in the ignition of fury to provoke a response through fuel.
      4. It would be even more unlikely that the appliances would be able to avoid the provision of fuel following the provocation arising from the ignition of fury.
      5. Assuming no fuel was provided, the construct would start to collapse, the creature would begin to emerge.

8. Anm says:

HG,
    This may be an American topic, but have you ever evaluated the Emanual Family (Ari, Rham, Ezekiel). I believe the whole family are narcissist (Upper Midranger and Greater Cerebral Elites). Rham is the Golden Child of the family, current mayor of Chicago, and always had a position within the Democratic Party.
    Ezekiel is a Doctor and studies American Healthcare.
    Ari is the black sheep and was CEO of major talent agencies.
    You can’t by themselves that they are narcissistic, but when they discuss their upbringing and how they interact now, its obvious. They are all so smart and charismatic.

I have not done so, Anm.

9. WhoCares says:

It wasn’t until this particular reading of this article that I am to look back and see how he used dinners and family gatherings for fuel (not like in this example)…but I can see the repeated pattern now of him seizing upon the behaviour of someone – after the fact – or some innocuous occurrence during the meal, and say to me “Did you see how ‘so and so’ did that on purpose to me?” …”What was that all about when *that* (fill in the blank) happened? And I would be puzzled (dinners elsewhere were always distracting, busy events) and rack my brain to recall an incident that matched what he was saying, or I would defend the person’s behaviour and say “No, s/he would never do such a thing…” etc.
    He would even ‘misremember’ things and so I would recount events…eventually leading to discussion and disagreement.

Ironic behaviour for someone who was such a proponent of sit-down dinners and “family”…and of protecting “family” …or those within your own four walls.

He still uses some of these to this day…misremembered and misconstrued bits and pieces in attempt to support his utterly unconvincing accusations and fallacious arguments.

10. marinathemermaid3 says:

Wow dude. You must really be something to have these women of yours put up with that shit.

Correct. But then ask yourself about those who put up with it without access to one such as myself.

1. marinathemermaid3 says:

😁

2. Claire says:

Ever so modest..

Ever so accurate I think you meant Claire!

3. Christine says:

Ah, good ‘ol HG victim-blaming wrapped in self-adoration, under which lurks… absolutely nothing.