The Rules of Ex Club – No. 23

ALL EXESLOOK THE SAMETO US.jpg

15 thoughts on “The Rules of Ex Club – No. 23

1. WiserNow says:

HG,
    Just wondering, do you think Rod Stewart is a narcissist? I’ve always liked Rod and enjoyed his music, so I hope not. Looking back at his girlfriends and wives though, he definitely has a ‘type’ … tall, blonde, very attractive long-legged models. He was also known as a cheater and womaniser when younger. Would you say those characteristics are red flags?

They are red flags, he is certainly narcissistic, but as to whether he is a narcissist I have not analysed him sufficiently to form a conclusion.

1. mommypino says:

HG have you analysed David Bowie? His family history screams lack of control and when he was young he was very promiscuous and was even rumored to have slept with Mick Jagger. He was also amazingly charming, mysterious and sexy. Although towards the end of his life he became a very loyal and devoted husband. They said that his ex girlfriend when he was young watched his concert and he summoned her to backstage to talk to her but didn’t want to reconnect more than that chat backstage because he didn’t want to hurt his wife’s feelings. It almost sounded like a hoover.

No, I haven’t MP.

1. mommypino says:

Thank you HG! I have always been wondering about him. He may be just narcissistic too. He’s a really interesting and colorful personality.

2. Chloe says:

I thought he was at first, but after doing some reading up on him, I suspect he had Aspergers. On the other hand, Iman sends chills down my spine. Never understood what he saw in her that caused him to fall headlong at their first meeting. Something must have triggered him.

1. mommypino says:

Hi Chloe, out of curiosity, what is it about Iman that sensya Chikka down your spine? I am under the impression that she is empathic but I don’t know a lot about her. I used to follow her on IG and she often posts memes that have empathic messages. She seems polite when I saw her sell something on TV. Other than that I do not know how she is as a person.

2. WiserNow says:

Thanks for your answer HG. I believe he’s narcissistic too, however, I don’t think he’s a narcissist.

It’s clear he needs and enjoys being in a relationship and his somatic traits are very pronounced. However, he also appears to be a good father who has provided for and supported all of his kids. It seems his former wives and girlfriends also respect him. They generally speak well of him and are still on good terms with him. In pictures I’ve seen of him with his former partners and their children, they all generally appear to be genuinely happy and relaxed together. These aspects, and his longevity in the public eye without being involved in anything too ‘dishonourable’, make me think he’s not a narcissist.

1. MommyPino says:

WiserNow, thank you. I have always liked David Bowie. I was wondering if he was my first narcissist crush. I remember watching him for the first time in the movie Labyrinth when I was five or six and thinking that guy is so scary but why does it feel like I want to hang out with him in his creepy kingdom? Could it be his tights? They said that during his promiscuous days he would ask a girl at a party if she is with a date and if she wasn’t, he would politely ask her to join him in the bathroom. Then after their sex he would politely thank her and say goodbye and he had one night stands with famous celebrities like Susan Sarandon and like you said they all like him. Anyway, I love his song Space Oddity. I have read that with his previous relationships he had let them know that he is not monogamous and some of them even indulged him with orgies and an open relationship. I’m so happy that he was a good husband to Iman. I think that she is an empath too which made me wonder even more if he was a narcissist. But it seems more that he was highly narcissistic but found the woman that made him want to be a better person.

1. WiserNow says:

Mommypino,

I’ve always liked David Bowie too. He truly was a unique artist and very creative. He was lucky too because he was both very popular AND very original and innovative, which is not that easy to achieve. He also seemed to be a likeable person in general and didn’t seem to be arrogant or self-centred even though he was very famous.

Thinking about both David Bowie and Rod Stewart, they were both young and very popular during the 1970s when the whole rock-star lifestyle of ‘sex, drugs and rock & roll’ was the ‘normal’ or standard way many famous, successful singers like them behaved. It was the way it was before things became more serious sexually due to aids and before more healthy living put a stop to all the promiscuous sex and drug taking. So, by today’s standards, I guess their behaviour back then seems narcissistic, however, in those days, it was the way rock-stars behaved in general. It’s interesting to think about.

2. Lori says:

I’m curious do rank mostly on fuel priovision? Would you prefer a less attractive women over a more attractive one based on fuel provision?

See Sitting Target.

3. Mercy says:

This is a tease. I’d like to read more of your insight on this

4. J.G THE ONE says:

Hello, H.G.Tudor.
    In what sense? In that we are only failed and broken appliances. Traitors for not supplying fuel in the right proportion.
    Or that we are their reminder of their failure and futility in maintaining a healthy and stable relationship.
    I think so, we are all the same because the equation either changes.
    Empathic + Narcissistic = A failure, a shitty relationship.
    But of course the other part of the equation will always be to blame for its ability to evade guilt and responsibility.

1. DoForLuv says: