A Very Flightless Narcissist?

A VERY FLIGHTLESS NARCISSIST_

Robert Sylvester Kelly aka R Kelly

He once believed he could fly and no doubt he wishes he really could and wing his way out of the current situation as he finds himself in the clutches of the law in relation to sex trafficking allegations.

He is innocent until proven guilty, yet there is much to R Kelly’s life and behaviour which merits placing him under the Tudorscope.

Is he a narcissist and about to have his wings clipped?

Find out next week at narcsite.com

22 thoughts on “A Very Flightless Narcissist?

1. Rachel says:

Discovering Narcsite last year really opened my eyes. Especially reading Red Flag and SATN. Sometimes, when I recognize narcissistic behaviour (in series, famous people), I want to come here to share “my” discovery with everyone. Before asking and sharing I use the search function, only to find out HG has everything and everybody already covered. From Meghan Markle to Big Little Lies, from Michael Jackson to R Kelly. ✅ Really looking forward to all the upcoming articles.

2. WiserNow says:

This is going to be interesting. I think R. Kelly is a narcissist. My guess is that he’s a psychopath too. I think he may be a lower mid-ranger somatic. In many pictures and videos I’ve seen he wears a prominent cross on a necklace. He wants to be seen as a ‘god-loving, bible-reading, genuine-hearted’ kind of person. He knows enough to create an image of ‘goodness’ and makes a point of expressing how the loss of his mother had a long-lasting effect on him (i.e. in other words, feel sorry for me because I loved my mother so much).

In the Gayle King interview his rant was one long pity play … “you’re all trying to kill me, I’m fighting for my life here!” and he’s the victim while everyone else is lying … “I need someone to help me not have a big heart, coz my heart is so big, people betray me and I keep forgiving ’em”, said while punching his hand in an aggressive way. He was completely serious saying this and almost lost control.

Gayle pushed his buttons and he couldn’t keep the facade going for very long, although he did try to hold it together.

3. jessrnny says:

Totally a Narc. I saw that last interview. Whew…
    There was loss of control to say the least. Extensive control issues with women, blame shifting and deflection. Grandiose. Oh lawd! Ummm. Grandiose. My guess? ULN.

4. Twisted Heart says:

A lesser of some sort. Ignition is such a dope track though.
    Here’s a trumpet version of it by BrassTracks without his vocals so you don’t have to feel bad for still enjoying the music🎶🎺

5. J says:

OOOh! Wanna get my guess in. I’d go Upper Lower Somatic. 😀

6. Joanne says:

It’s the freakin’ weekend, baby
    I’m about to have me some fun 🎶

Ughhhh I wish that wasn’t such a tune 😩

R Kelly is for sure a narc. I’ll go with middle lesser somatic.

The survivor documentary was aired right during the time the narc and I stopped and I’ll never forget how those stories made me feel. Those poor women.

7. Shelf Fuel says:

R. Kelly is a narc? I thought he was more of a sexual pervert/pedophile.
    Then again I first assumed my Piano Boy narc was just a sex addict.
    This will be an interesting read. I grew up listening to his music.

Presque Vu….Ignition Remix will always be my jam! Bouncing on 20-fos!

“Sipping on coke and rum I’m like so what I’m drunk, it’s the freakin weekend baby I’m about to have me some fun…”

1. J says:

Pedophiles and self-proclaimed “sex addicts” are often Narcs. They have many names and many masks, but their DNA is the same.

Correct.

1. Alexissmith2016 says:

Is it possible to have a non narc paedo then?

Yes. You may have an individual who looks at images of paedophilia and does nothing more with regard to such a vile interest. That behaviour may not be a narcissist, but be narcissistic.

2. Lorelei says:

I find that hard to believe—it seems a dead ringer for narcissism. How could anyone look at that filth and not be a narc? The interest is disgusting and they are violating children by consuming the material. Maybe they aren’t engaging in the sex acts but the thoughts, sexual arousal, and lack of regard to the victims by looking at the stuff is a form of devaluation. It’s absolutely sickening. (I’m thinking you are disgusted by them too.)
            Frankly at the end of the day—it shouldn’t even technically matter—the same exile would serve all who find this appealing quite well.

I agree it is disgusting behaviour. Putting emotion to one side.

1. An individual who physically/sexually abuses a child has no emotional empathy, no sense of accountability, is manipulative, exhibits a sense of entitlement, possibly grandiose and has no boundary recognition. Thus is a narcissist.
            2. An individual who looks at images of such abuse may well be a narcissist. Some are not, because although there is a lack of empathy for that particular child, the individual does not engage in any physical/sexual abuse and therefore has a degree of limited empathy, a degree of accountability, some boundary recognition, lacks a total sense of entitlement and therefore is narcissistic. There are varying degrees since we know behaviour is on a spectrum.
            Take for example two fraudsters, both of whom steal from their employer but driven by different behaviours.
            1. Employee Number One. Has been a faithful employee for ten years, but finds themselves in serious financial hardship. They begin to steal from their employer. They know it is wrong, they feel guilty for doing so, but circumstance drives them because an external need (financial hardship) which was not there hitherto has arisen and temporarily drives down their empathy for their employer. This employee is still a caring parent (indeed they may be stealing to keep a roof over the heads of the family), is regarded as kind by friends, but commits this fraudulent act driven by perceived necessity. The pressure of this external agents drives down their empathy so they cross a threshold and commit the fraudulent act. They feel bad about it. Not a narcissist, but has stolen. When caught explains ‘I only did it because I was desperate and is remorseful and looks at ways of achieving recompense.’
            2. Employee Number Two. Has been a faithful employee for ten years. No financial hardship. Is a narcissist. Passed over for promotion – feels a loss of control and is wounded. The response is to steal from the employer to punish the employer for failing to grant the promotion (and also thus assert control although this narcissist does not realise that is part of the behaviour). Sense of entitlement (to steal money and to have the promotion), No sense of accountability (does it and does not feel bad), no emotional empathy for the employer or the employees who might be affected by the business possibly suffering an adverse financial event, no boundary recognition (does not see the money as anybody else’s but his). When caught shows no remorse and says ‘That money is mine after all the loyalty I have shown to this company and not been given a promotion which was mine by right/’ Narcissist.

Similar behaviours, but one is committed by a narcissist and one is not.

Empaths, empathic people, normals and narcissistic people are not saints and can do ‘bad’ things but they are less likely to do so and do so as a consequence of an external event rather than a hard-wired, underlying disordered constant behaviour.

4. Lorelei says:

Would this same concept apply to drug addicted empathic people who commit crimes while using substances? I have a hard time sorting out who is truly remorseful and who is exhibiting false whatever.. Same behaviors but who do you allow “near you?”

6. alexissmith2016 says:

Thanks HG. That is very helpful to know.

8. Bibi says:

Oh yeah. This guy.

9. jessrnny says:

Yay!!!

10. Caroline R says:

Thank you HG!
    This will be fascinating!

I watched ‘Surviving R Kelly’ twice, and it brought up so many intense emotions.
    I watched many of the Drea Kelly interviews on YouTube; I have so much respect for her!
    I found Derek Schaik on YouTube, who explained certain aspects of R Kelly’s body language during the Gail King interview. It was so interesting, but I noticed that I had the familiar tight feeling in my stomach while watching R Kelly aggressively pacing, trying to intimidate Gail King.

R Kelly is pure N-filth!

The depravity!
    The degradation!
    It’s a form of human trafficking, preying on the vulnerable, especially children, and I despise it!
    I can understand perfectly how so many lovely women fell under his spell.

I’m looking forward to reading all of your insights, HG!

I’m hoping that this documentary will be a good opener for a conversation about NPD with my teenage students, in coming months. A natural segue into introducing them to your work.

11. Lorelei says:

HG! Everyone knows he’s a narcissist! He’s an upper lesser. I love when Gale got him all heated up. P. Diddy is a mid-ranger.. Let’s see—JZ is a mid-ranger.. What I want to know is how you knew MJ was a greater and if so—why was he so reclusive with no apparent primary source?

12. Christopher Jackson says:

Yes he is a narcissist I am a fan of R Kelly’s it was devastating to hear the allegations but as hg would say I would need to apply my hard logic and not my emotional logic to the situation. I have all of his music. And have watched the “surviving r kelly” on lifetime and heard all of the victims and they are describing a narcissist he ex wife even calls him a narc if you haven’t checked it out yet hg I would very interesting. I cant wait to hear where he ranks in the world of narcissism.

13. Presque Vu says:

Wow! You are spoiling us!!!!
    You have helped me immensely in recognising my abilities with your articles, practicing identifying traits.

HG yo da bomb 💣
    Hot n fresh out the kitchen, can I get a toot toot or a beep beep…

Sorry, couldn’t help myself with lyrics 🤭

Big Little Lies : Perry Wright