The Ten Tests of Competing Prospects
I have grown weary of the incumbent primary supply. The fuel that ought to be provided at a premium level has become diminished in quantity and quality. Whilst it still flows as part of the devaluation that continues, the time has come to audition for your replacement. I am courting you following my usual preparatory work once you have been targeted and I have now commenced your seduction. You are not alone. I am seducing someone else as well. It makes sense to have an insurance policy after all. You won’t know about this competitor (at least not yet) but believe me that when you are in the early stages of being seduced by our kind, it is highly likely that I was seducing someone else. In order to identify the best source of fuel so we choose the most effective primary source, we will set a number of tests. These tests are not so arduous that they will risk the seduction failing, but are designed to ascertain which of the two, or more, competing prospects provides the best fuel. This current performance amounts to a strong indicator of future performance. Here are ten of the tests that are commonly utilised.
- Sending the same text message to both prospects to see who responds the fastest.
- Sending the same text message to both prospects without concerns as to the speed of reply but as to which provides the best fuel-laden response.
- Arranging a date with both prospects and then cancelling (with a view to re-arranging of course) to determine who is the most disappointed and which of the prospects tries to keep the date alive by making adjustments and alternative suggestions.
- Calling both prospects in the middle of the night to see who answers.
- Sending the same gift at the same time to see who thanks us the fastest and in the most appreciative manner.
- If sexual coupling has occurred at this early juncture, then sleeping with you both in the space of 24 hours (or less) in order to determine who is the more fuel accomplished lover.
- Feigning a minor emergency and seeing who responds the fastest and with the greatest concern and compassion.
- Suggesting a date when I know that the prospects have something else on to see who will break their existing engagement in order to see me.
- Having a lieutenant try to arrange a date with you to see if you rebuff him and make mention of me.
- Holding a social media challenge to see how many likes, re-tweets, comments each prospect applies to my postings in a three-day period to see who posts the most and provides the most fuel.
Not only does this contest between the two prospects provide us with plenty of fuel coming from two fuel lines, it enables us to determine who we should focus our greater efforts on to ensure they are seduced and become our intimate partner and primary source. If the contest is too close to call after the ten tests above, then additional tests will be applied and the ten above will be re-run also. The winner becomes our intimate partner but the loser does not go home empty handed, not at all. They are likely to be awarded the status of inner or outer circle friend and they will be kept within our sphere of influence as a supplier of fuel. They also a future role to play in a prospective triangulation and there may even be a promotion in the offing at some point….
6 thoughts on “The Ten Tests of Competing Prospects”
Are there many narcissists who are openly polyamorous and choose partners who do the same? Or is the illusion of monogamy part of the construct because that way the narc can claim to own the partner and demand an exclusive relationship?
There are some narcissists who operate in this fashion, but they are in a minority.
My my my so busy you narcissists are.
Strange thing about this is I always had a feeling during the seduction that there was someone else on a different train. BUT I never thought that during texts there was anyone else. So strange that I just knew there was someone else on a train but my brain never computed that if he is with her on t he train like he is you, why would he not be texting here also. This just really triggered me. Gotta go…………..
I understand, your brain “not computing” was likely the result of Emotional Thinking trying to con you into interacting with the narcissist despite the warning signs.
Before my escape, I went through my ex’s phone and saw that he would text the exact same fuel-gathering messages to another woman but my ET was still high enough that it barely registered with me, the pain of that realization only came after I went.
Once you gained some distance from the situation, the addiction loosened its grip on you, enabling you to see things clearer.