Heart Hooks No. 1 – Narc Sayings Of Seduction

WE ARE SOULMATES

(This is a meme. There is no accompanying text.)

Did the narcissist say this to you? How was it conveyed, when was it conveyed and what was your response?

Do you believe in the concept of soulmates? If this phrase (or similar) was said to you, how did it make you feel? What did you believe by it?

14 thoughts on “Heart Hooks No. 1 – Narc Sayings Of Seduction

1. Katherine says:

Did anyone else not like your ex when you first met? It took me months to even be friends with him, even though we ran in the same small group. He tried to sneak a kiss when hugging goodbye and I remember telling other friends how offended I was by that sneaky move. All flags I should have paid attention to. But he was so calming and always ready to help out or show consideration and kindness. My best friend died during that time. So it won me over.

2. Lisa says:

Not in those exact words, but it was implied. He talked about how we fit perfectly together. He proposed 5 days after we started dating and like an idiot, I accepted because everything was so wonderful and amazing. I felt like I had always known him and I couldn’t believe such an amazing person could love me so much. I believed that I had met the person I was supposed to be with for the rest of my life It was bliss till we got married 10 weeks later. Then not so much. Everything began slowly changing. He did use the soulmate phrase with an old girlfriend he hooved ten years ago. I found the emails of him telling her how he had always loved her and they should be together. We had been married for 26 years when I found that out.

3. PC says:

It made me role my eyes. He was so offended. I said “I feel like I’m with a 14yo girl”. I received some peaceful silence for a while.

4. BL says:

This is a rough one. He texted me a song that reminded him of me, which was about souls being forever intertwined. I had never believed in soulmates, but thought it was sweet that he felt this about us. He told me this right before he pulled me off the shelf for a sext session and then ghosted me immediately after. It made me question the meaning of the song lyrics, which initially I was certain I understood. I’m still not sure I understand them and stopped trying to.

5. Argb says:

Did the narcissist say this to you?
    Not in these exact words but they were implied.

How was it conveyed, when was it conveyed and what was your response?
    He spoke to me of previous lifetimes and how he believed this life was for us to correct the mistakes we made in the past one. When i look back i cant believe how foolish i was to believe such tripe.

Do you believe in the concept of soulmates?
    Not anymore. Any construct i had of “love” was demolished by this person.

If this phrase (or similar) was said to you, how did it make you feel?
    Foolishly, i felt warmed and cherished by the idea that this person was talking of not just a lifetime but an eternity together.

What did you believe by it?
    I believed that no matter what we would work together to solve our problems in this life and the next.

Just hit me over the the head with a shovel and bury me already. I wanna gag on my own stupidity for falling for such superficial superstition.
    I am realizing “love” to me is a state of emotional euphoria and the core of my addiction. Everything needs to be in a heightened energetic state …but its unrealistic to expect that this state can be maintained.
    Im feeling very alone and disconnected from the world at large and rightfully so for now until my perception is changed. When that happens my thoughts and behaviours, actions and intensity of emotion will also change. Then too, how i interact with others will change.
    I have to let go of the hope i have for love and learn to live each day content to be on my own. To find myself entertaining and explore life from this perspective. This is my new hope.

1. Notme! says:

Hey Argb
      You’ve not let the N steal your sense of humour, your comment made me chuckle, so thank you for sharing. I also relate to your feelings of disconnectedness.
      Wishing you well x

6. Bubbles 🍾 says:

Dear Mr Tudor,
    The weasel said this to me in a very short space of time, trying hard to make some sort of connection or bond
    I thought it was a very random thing to say and I was quite taken aback when he said it
    I kinda snapped back at him…….!! You can’t say that, you don’t even know me !!

I did further mention …. !! Mr Bubbles is the only one who knows me !!
    He was put back in his place but then he started coming out with the …. !! But we have similar parallels !!

Talk about persistent and not giving up ….they’re quite delusional !
    Personally, I didn’t like his presumption, but I excused it because I thought he was really eager for our friendship and he wanted to relate on common topics and I also excused it because of his PTSD
    Anyone who says it …..get the hell outta there, fast !
    Lesson learnt
    Luv Bubbles xx 😘

7. Lily says:

Someone (maybe a lieutenant? Butterfly?) told me that the narc & I are yin and yang and that it is intuitive for us to be together. This was literally a day before love bombing started.

8. CandaceMarie says:

He said it to me during our long distance relationship. It was on Facebook messenger so not very romantic but I didn’t care. I was already head over heels for him plus nobody had ever told me I was their soul mate before. It happened very fast considering we had never met in person before. I didn’t care about that either because I truly believed we were soul mates. We had so much in common and I thought he was so funny. I couldn’t believe how lucky I was to find someone like him.
    I still believe in soul mates. I just know now that it should not happen so fast and definitely not with someone you have never actually met. I will always believe there is that one special someone for everybody.

There are no such things as soul mates. That is a narcissistic ideal. There are many special people out there for you and they are not narcissists.

9. Chihuahuamum says:

This was never said but it was implied thru how well we connected and related. I still feel that in many ways but not in a way related to soul mates moreso in enjoying the time spent together. I dont even think i believe in the idea of soul mates. I think its better to be your own soul mate and not lose yourself in another person.

10. Caity says:

He said, “You are my reason.”

Of course, at the time I thought it was lovely and all encompassing. Later, I realised I was his ‘reason’ for fucking around with my head and those of others come before me. They were his ‘reason’, too. Same line, same result. Substitute excuse for that word, and you have the true meaning of ‘reason’.

1. Ramona says:

Narc no 2 did… I responded “well, I am highsensitive and an empath… So you are not the first to believe that we are soulmates or feel that you have known me for ever…but that doesen’t mean that I feel the same. I dont feel the same. He never said it again.

Sorry for my grammar and spelling. English is my third language

11. Pingback: Heart Hooks No. 1 – Narc Sayings Of Seduction ⋆ NarcTopia