The Treatment

img_1760

We do not seek treatment. The answer to why that is the case is a simple one. There is nothing wrong with us. Occasionally we may be compelled to undergo treatment but that is a different matter. We feel no compulsion at all to volunteer to be subjected to analysis and therapy because there is nothing wrong with us. Yes, we know that our treatment of other people is often unpleasant and has significant downsides to those who are subjected to it but that still does not amount to a good reason why we should seek some form of assistance. The way we behave is the way we behave. Deal with it. We cannot help but act this way because it is the way we have been designed. We must obtain our precious fuel and if that means we lash out and wound others, emotionally and physically then that it is the price that has to be paid. By you.

You must also remember that since we have no concept of empathy, when we see our behaviour injure others it does not affect us. We do not feel guilt, we do not feel shame at what we have done and we do not feel the need to put right the injurious harm we mete out to others. This is our modus operandi and it can never be changed. Add to that our lack of remorse and you have two huge reasons why we will not act to seek treatment to change our ways.

Naturally, there will be times where we will talk about seeking treatment.

“I need help, I know that now. You are the only one who can do it.”

“If I seek assistance for this terrible affliction, will you stay and help me?”

“I don’t know why I do it, perhaps I need help. Will you help me?”

“I need you. Don’t go. You have to save me from myself.”

“I will change, I will go and see somebody, just don’t leave me, please.”

These are all empty promises. Remember, words comes easy to us. We will dangle these carrots of penance and insight in order to get you to do what we want. Once that has been secured and you try to cash the cheque that we have written you will find the bank has not only been closed but razed to the ground. It is not a question of there being nothing to cash it against, there is nowhere to cash it.

Treatment is for the weak and foolish. To submit to it is an admission of weakness. In the rare instances that we will, it is only to enable us to get something else that we want or to prevent something drastic happening to us and thus we regard the pay-off as one worth making. We do this safe in the knowledge that any treatment will not be effective because:-

1. We use our manipulative wiles to con the person treating us into concluding that there is nothing wrong with us;
  2. We spend the time trying to charm the therapist and this may work or if they are alive to our manipulation they are forced to terminate the work;
  3. We do not want to change and see the therapist’s actions as a direct challenge which we must thwart. Our energy is channelled into frustrating and defeating him or her and not applying ourselves to the treatment.
  4. We treat the treatment as a form of fuel.

This results in it being futile.The reality is that those who engage with us are the ones that end up seeking treatment. It is most often the case that our bewildering and confusing conduct towards you has you at your wit’s end. You seek answers and if you are fortunate, you turn to a professional who is fully conversant with out kind.

They are able to illuminate you to what you have endured, assist your understanding and then hold your hand as they take you through the painful and difficult extrication from our grip. You are blessed with insight from this treatment.In certain instances, the abuse we dole out is such that it seriously damages the recipient and therefore treatment is needed to deal with the symptoms of our behaviour towards you. The ramifications for you are serious and have long lasting effects.

11 thoughts on “The Treatment

1. Eternity says:

I agree with this one. Charming the therapist good one. We will been seen as the one who needs the therapy because they will make it look like they are the victim. What a waste of time and energy.

2. Christopher Jackson says:

This is all true hg thanks for sharing

You are welcome, CJ.

3. Asp Emp says:

“the abuse we dole out is such that it seriously damages the recipient and therefore treatment is needed to deal with the symptoms of our behaviour towards you. The ramifications for you are serious and have long lasting effects. “ – a true statement from a ‘survivor’ of such abuse, after so many years.

“We do not seek the treatment. You do. In doing so this is often the first time you actually realise what you have encountered and what you have been subjected to. “ – it was either to make an appointment to see a psychotherapist – which would have taken far too long, possibly years for the therapist to listen & try and make out what was “wrong” with me. In fact I have learned more about narcissism and the behaviours / actions of narcissists in a short term period. I class KTN as my therapy route because all the answers are available here and now. I gained understanding why I was ‘selected’ as a victim and gained more understanding about myself. How therapeutic to do this learning but emotionally & mentally draining to start with. The journey was not easy. It’s getting easier. There’s much more to just “recovering”, there is also the matter of trusting other people.

1. lickemtomorrow says:

“for the therapist to listen & try and make out what was “wrong” with me.”

You’ve hit the nail on the head, Asp Emp. As long as we are trying to find the problem within and not without any therapy will be about as useless as the narcissist’s. No one is getting the help they need.

Reminded again why I am grateful to be here.

1. Asp Emp says:

A therapist could be a narcissist too – they’d never begin to ‘listen’, just sit there nodding with the expression ‘dunno what they’re on about’ on their face and sign the certificate already!

In my opinion, there is no ‘problem’ – just a lack of understanding of narcissism and empaths (also within the health professional world – they’re not listening. Yet). It will be very interesting when the health professionals start measuring up and looking into the population’s mental health during Covid (don’t forget to also look into the ET while you’re at it!).

1. lickemtomorrow says:

A therapist could definitely be a narcissist as I’ve learned here and which is something I hadn’t thought of before. That’s due to a lack of understanding on my part around how someone without any empathy could enter the helping professions. Why on earth would they want to help people if they literally don’t care? Now I understand it is all for the fuel/control. How easy would it be to control people who are vulnerable and ultimately may become reliant on the therapist? I can definitely see the danger to the profession when I think of it like that. And with some narcissist’s ability to show effective cognitive empathy, I’m sure they are able to hide in plain sight.

Issues around mental health are already skyrocketing in light of the Covid situation. At this stage I can’t even imagine the ultimate fallout, but it’s a given mental health professionals won’t be out of a job any time soon.

1. Asp Emp says:

Your comment shows how important the knowledge of narcissism is. I agree that it’s potentially dangerous for patients of narcissistic therapists. We need more training for health professionals too!

4. Claudia says:

Are you Alexander Nix?

Damn rumbled. Olympia I have told you to keep quiet, when will you do as I instruct?!

5. Pamela says:

Tony’s bullshit barn goes brrrrrrr. You are the one who’s building the case against you. Deal with it. I can’t make you stop your bullshit, but you’ll pay for it in one way or another, dumbass.
    Put that in an article and shove it up your ass.

Have a blessed day.