Narcissistic Fleas

7 thoughts on “Narcissistic Fleas

1. lickemtomorrow says:

My impression currently is that the narcissist actually benefits from the dialling down of those empathic traits as this is likely to provide them with fuel (i.e.empath’s anger, jealousy, etc.) Either way they benefit. Another reason to get a handle on emotional thinking.

From an empathic perspective it’s good to know there is an explanation for us behaving like the narcissist. It frees us from torturing ourselves with guilt and anxiety in the circumstances. In all honesty, I’ve often felt justified in my reactions, so less guilt and anxiety for me. It’s takes a lot to get me to that point, so when I do all bets are off.

1. Asp Emp says:

(laughing) “It’s takes a lot to get me to that point, so when I do all bets are off” – I know exactly what you mean yet in my case I think the fuse is shorter (laughing)

1. Laurie Mueller says:

I always felt provoked to the max. Last time I almost went after his eyeballs….brother……I know now what /who kept me in my seat.

1. Asp Emp says:

Laughing….. “provoked to the max”…. some people just can’t help themselves, can they?! So nobody should be surprised at the reaction / response. LOL in reference to the ‘seat’. So, what would you do ‘next’ time? I am curious…… (giggling).

2. Asp Emp says:

Interesting to see the difference and the explanation of how an empath’s reduced empathy allows the narcissistic traits to come to the fore.

1. Laurie Mueller says:

I got the state, and the eyes and the grin of a bad bugger!!!

1. Asp Emp says:

Yeah, all bets off and bugger all…… laughing.

The Narcissist Keeps It in The Family