Shoot You Down

SHOOT YOU DOWN

A plaintive wail which I often hear is along the lines of,

“Why do you always have to shoot me down? I give you everything you could ever want. Why can’t you just be happy with that?”

As usual you delude yourself with such a statement. You do not give me everything I could ever want. You think that you do, but that is the self-centredness that you often exhibit creeping in once again. You certainly care, I will grant you that, but you make the mistake of assuming what you do is what we want. What we want is fuel. I know what comes next.

“I always told you how much I loved you, I admired and complimented you often and frequently. How much more could I make you feel good about yourself?”

Therein lies the problem. No matter how good your intentions and how frequent your worship of me, my kind and me will always grow tired of it. We have heard your kind words and seen your appreciative gestures too many times and it, well, it just does not do it for us anymore.

I am sure that you emotionally in touch people would be the first to complain if a long established partner engages in the same routine in the bedroom. It does not hit the spot anymore does it? Well, it is just the same for us. You may ultimately accept that things cool somewhat in the bedroom and I know from what I have seen and heard that you trade this passion off (although not always, there are some sexual thrill seekers amongst your kind) for other qualities that you find attractive – humour, companionship, security, warmth, good parental skills, intelligence and such like. There is no hope for any such trade with us.

We only want one thing from our relationship. Fuel as the indicator of control. We do not care (ultimately) how good-looking you are, how much of a whore you are between the sheets, how wonderful a mother you may be, what a raconteur you are or how much you earn. Those factors only have a bearing with regard to the issues of fuel and control.

We will never accept those things or anything else as a substitute for fuel. True enough, the more aged of our kind sometimes accept these things when their need for fuel diminishes but that need never goes away. They may decide to accept these attributes alongside largely positive fuel, but they will still need to stir things up from time to time.

That is not going to happen with me. I am at the peak of my powers and therefore my need for fuel remains substantial. There can be no substitute for it at all and nor can there be any co-existence between the provision of fuel and other attributes. It is fuel or nothing. In order to achieve this I have to shoot you down because once that is done you start to flow with the potent negative fuel and my cravings start to be addressed.

You can beg and plead with me, you can point out how you will always only ever have eyes for me, you can express your love, desire, adoration and admiration on an hourly basis but there comes a point when it just does not have that sweetness anymore. It is then that I pull the handgun from my jacket, attach the silencer and fire several vitriolic bullets into you. Your pain from these wounding bullets gives me the fuel that I need and therefore your shooting is necessary. Moreover, it is your punishment for letting me down. You really ought to be capable of pleasing me the whole time but so far, all that I have chosen have failed. That is why I now expect you to fail and have that gun to hand at all times.

When I shoot you down, I become more powerful as the fuel flows from you. Moreover, it is easy to get someone to admire and adore. Those reactions come naturally to your kind. It is far harder to extract tears, anger, frustration and regret from the empath. Managing to do so imbues your emotional reaction with greater potency, your fuel becomes supercharged and this is what we want. We cannot shoot you down from the beginning, we need you stood on a pedestal first, after all, you present as such an inviting target then and your toppling as the bullets slam into you becomes all the more satisfying.

I sense your dismay as you read this. You had hoped that by keeping me sweet and onside through a dazzling and tireless display of love, affection and admiration you had hoped to avoid such an attack. Your concerns should not be absolute. There is an upside you know. Firstly, when we find someone else after we have shot you down, keep in mind they will eventually be riddled with bullet holes no matter how happy we both appear at first. It is coming to them as it came to you. I am sure that makes you feel a little better doesn’t it? Secondly, there is a huge saving grace.

We never shoot you dead.

We need you alive so we can raise you up again as we re-load.

8 thoughts on “Shoot You Down

1. Asp Emp says:

Laughing at a previous comment of mine on this article……. “We need you alive so we can raise you up again as we re-load”, while you’re doing that, can I be momentarily released to refill the ice-cube trays please?

1. A Victor says:

Hahaha…very good!

2. Truthseeker6157 says:

This article still confuses me as far as the Greater Narcissist goes.

If the Greater Narcissist has a far broader fuel matrix and calls on the IPPS for only 50 -60% of the fuel requirement then I would have thought that character traits and residual benefits are relatively speaking far more valuable to the Greater. They can get their fuel from the matrix. Fair enough, not as potent but in terms of amount it must wash its face. A dripping tap can flood a kitchen.

I get the impression though that the Greater wants an IPPS that is gushing with fuel. Residual benefits less of an issue. Probably because they are successful in their own right. Similarly though they are the energetic narcissists who will keep striving higher, so that doesn’t fully stack up.

To me it just seems illogical. I’d say higher up the corporate ladder more residual benefits needed. Lower down the ladder with smaller fuel matrix, more fuel needed. Hence why Greaters appear more rare. We just aren’t in the same circles and can’t provide the mover shaker contact list.

1. A Victor says:

Interesting comment TS. We are teriaries so life fuel, but, if sales and consults are happening at the rate I think they are, HG is obtaining significant residual benefits even from us, and we’re doing so happily, gratefully even! Does that then reduce the impact for his IPPS? It is confusing, great comment, I’m going to give this some consideration, for fun if nothing else.

1. A Victor says:

Little* fuel, not like fuel. Sorry.

2. Truthseeker6157 says:

AV,

I don’t think it would reduce impact entirely. Once devaluation starts then that’s it, the IPPS is in devaluation. In some ways being well fuelled from the sources within the fuel matrix might delay devaluation, but again, I don’t really think so. If a NISS fails to function in work then she’s sacked. The IPPS commands no extra loyalty than any other source, so if she fails to function then she’s devalued. Compartmentalisation likely comes into play here too. So as far as Greaters go as a group, I would say no, the extensive fuel matrix doesn’t defend the IPPS in terms of devaluation. I don’t think they are far enough evolved.

I was thinking more along the lines of targeting and disengagement. For example, if the Greater walks the corridors of power, then partner wise he’s targeting someone who facilitates that kind of network. Contacts, line of business, father’s job, family connections, own job, etc etc. So in this sense, unless you are in the top 5% of earners, cousin to royalty, dad’s a rock star, you are an industry leader, then you should be safe from the Greaters. You could be a fuel tanker but without the spondoolies, irrelevant.

Similarly, if you are well connected, you remain well connected. So in terms of disengagement, could the Greater keep you around and never disengage because the conscious decision is made that the connections compensate the fuel dip? The first thing the wronged IPPS would do would be to prevent access to connections surely? Similarly, the devaluation if too obvious poses a risk of escape. These women have more than the means to ship out. They aren’t scuppered or delayed like many would be due to finances etc. Perhaps the fuel matrix could delay disengagement and fund a less aggressive devaluation.

The risk is more IPSS and DLS with the Greater I think. They have the means to seduce, even keep a second or third partner for fuel purposes only. Install them in a nice apartment close to the office etc. In some ways, lead almost double or triple lives. So in terms of the Greater, residual benefits might have more weighting for the IPPS but not IPSS or DLS.

If your empathic school makes you more attractive to a Greater and you don’t fulfil the residual benefit criteria, then technically could you say that you are more narc proof than most at least as far as the IPPS ensnarement goes?

1. A Victor says:

TS, that all makes sense. You have put much more thought into it than I have. I have not thought about the greaters at all really, never expecting to meet one. Thank you for sharing your thoughts here, very interesting.

2. A Victor says:

TS, reading it back over, the main goal is fuel, if we take it at face value, as written. Taking into account that there are differences between the schools, it still says fuel. I wonder if it is a game, see how far we can push this, but we know the greater doesn’t need the residual benefits, he still mainly needs the fuel. Ultimately I don’t think they care if she walks at that point, or he’d realize it and discard first. And I bet she would be virtually powerless to keep him from accessing her contacts, he’d already have secured the ones he cared to keep. Thank you for bringing this into focus, the differences and similarities between the schools and cadres. It is an interesting angle I’ve not looked at much.