The Heart Hooks No. 1 – Narc Sayings of Seduction

WE ARE SOULMATES

(This is a meme. There is no accompanying text.)

Did the narcissist say this to you? How was it conveyed, when was it conveyed and what was your response?

Do you believe in the concept of soulmates? If this phrase (or similar) was said to you, how did it make you feel? What did you believe by it?

14 thoughts on “The Heart Hooks No. 1 – Narc Sayings of Seduction

1. Marie M says:

The concept of being a soulmate/twin flame has been said to me on different relationships, occasions and at different times. It has been conveyed verbally which brought about feelings of being connected emotionally, physically, mentally and sometimes spiritually. Feeling intuitively. Nevertheless you must decipher if the person conveying this statement of being a soulmates or a twin flame may really be a “false twin flame” , or if this is a “karmic relationship” that will teach you something and help you evolve. If so, realize it’s a was a lesson, not a life sentence.

2. leelasfuelstinks says:

“I´m wanking while you´re doing ..xy [while I did some daily stuff]”

Guess that one is not exactly seductive. 😂😂😂 But a great WFT-moment. 😂😂😂

3. A Victor says:

Is silly, flirty humor with the narc a threat to their control? My ex shut that down right at the outset of our relationship, like in the first two weeks. I don’t know why I gave it up so easily, he must have impressed me on some other level. But, there was not allowed a free back and forth of just fun, it was his fun or none at all. Has this been experienced by others here?

4. Pamela says:

You doing ok, HG?

5. Empath007 says:

I’m astounded, knowing what I know now and feeling how I feel now – that hearing these sorts of things used to matter so much to me. And that I would be swooned by it. Hindsight is 20/20

6. Pamela says:

Having a good day?

7. vandenboss says:

I think that when a narcissist say’s this to you its meant with the intent for you to adjust yourself to the max to the narcissist.Raising the bar if you like. ”I have high expectations now its up to you to live up to them.” The narcissist will probably say this in the very beginning, when he/she has know way of knowing this. When a non narcissist says this it means he/she is very content with the other and the relation,finds the two of them a good match,we suit very well. Soulmates definitely exist in the normal world,in a romantic relation aswell as in friendship.

8. Whitney says:

Lovely God, he told me how he felt about me. Just once. I knew he meant it. Words of affirmation are almost non existant for him. His love languages are acts of service and quality time.
    I know he has empathy for me. But almost only me.

9. Brigid says:

I know longer believe in soul mates. I no longer believe in my having a partner. I believe in my safety and happiness.

10. Wendy says:

My ex never used the term soul mates but he did say to me “ are you real? can this be true?” Lol

Also told me that he had never met anyone like me before and that out of all the others ( 🚩) I was the only one he brought flowers to every day! Lol

Oh, and when he started devaluing me after I became so upset and was pulling away from him he attempted a Hoover and told me “ I don’t know what it is about you I can’t seem to let you go.” Ha! Guess he hadn’t secured that next IPPS yet!

Liar, liar pants on fire!! 🙄

11. Pamela says:

Get some sleep and rest.

12. Kris Murphy says:

🤢 First rule for me from now on… when any man says something remotely similar to this I have to believe there are narcissistic and manipulative undertones and RUN LIKE HELL the opposite direction. 🏃‍♀️

13. Joa says:

17 years ago, during the first seduction – I don’t remember. Maybe I didn’t pay attention to such a cliché 🙂

A recent hoover, he said, “I’m no longer interested in soul mates.”

14. A Victor says:

I hate the saying but the image is hot.

Dropping the Narc Bomb