The Narcissistic Truths – No. 119

everywhereyou-go

10 thoughts on “The Narcissistic Truths – No. 119

1. Your need for fuel is so evident with your open hands in the image.

2. ava101 says:

HG, do you ever feel/think that your father should have protected you better, when you were very little?

Yes. Too late now though.

3. Mona says:

Or is it just a healthy reaction to a over-demanding n. mother?

4. Mona says:

I am sorry, H.G., but today I am not able to feel compassion for anyone else but me. I saw your picture with that line and today I was in contact with my engulfing narcissistic mother. All she says, is : “Feed me, feed me, be my servant, I am so weak, I need your help, I love you, but please feed me, feed me, feed me. She cannot realize that my love to her is broken. There is nearly no feeling anymore inside of me to her. I did not know, that love to a parent can be broken. But I am still in her claws. She is now very old and sometimes she really needs help. It is so difficult for me, because I do not even like her anymore. I am so full of anger and rage and sometimes- you will not believe it- fury. Sometimes I think, narcissism has infected me so much that I become a narcissist myself. Do you think, that is possible, although I am a grown up? Do I now become heartless, cruel and false? Or is it only an overreaction to an old lady, called my mother?

5. Karin says:

Do you believe it is possible for a narcissist to break his dependency on fuel? In the way an alcoholic or drug addict can? Severe withdrawal, but eventual sobriety?

Hello Karin, that remains to be seen and is something the good doctors are working towards.

6. 1jaded1 says:

Yep. Keep that phone with you and turned on when we are apart. Aka the invisible tether.

7. Bruised says:

I wonder. .. all that vocabulary. .. fuel… feeding… IPS etc. .. how and when did You come up with it. was it result of the doctors work or just simple naming for the blog purposes? HG?

It has arisen from my own observations and study of my own behaviours and those of my kind, in order to convey in an easy to understand way, the way we think and operate.

Jack and the Pedestal