War Machine

war-machine1

I am a seething bundle of conflict and vitriol. I have my fury churning away ready to be ignited at a moment’s criticism. The song once asked, “War, what is it good for?” My answer would be. Absolutely everything. War is the tool by which I reign and by which you are kept doing what I want. Providing me with compliance and fuel. I am on a permanent war footing because I am red of tooth and claw. I must always be ready to defend myself against your uncalled for and unwarranted attacks which you are prone to launching my way. I do not know why you do this but you always want to put me down, blame me or go one better than me. I cannot understand why you behave this way, not after I do so much for you. Yet you always do it, managing to ignite my fury with your words and actions. I have no choice of course. I have to exert my superiority over you and if I was to ever fail to respond to your attack then I would be doomed. In fact, so used have I become to these unnecessary and gratuitous assaults which you launch against me that I will often launch my own pre-emptive strike designed to keep you in your place. I am in control. I am god of the world I have created for us and you must always remember this. I would much rather not have to do this. I would prefer not to lash you with my vicious tongue, roll out a silent treatment or in the case of the less sophisticated of our kind, subject you to a battering from fists and feet, but you bring it on yourself. You should know by now what I like and what I dislike, yet you infuriate me still by saying and doing the wrong things. I know you do it on purpose because you are trying to assert some kind of power and authority over me. I have no idea why you feel the need to do this because you cannot ever outgun me. I have batteries of malevolent missiles to launch your way, megatons of vicious exploding insults to rain down on you and so much firepower that I could annihilate you a hundred times over.

Yet, notwithstanding my superior armaments you still insist on trying to do me down and thus I have no choice but to smash through your boundaries, exert my control and blitzkrieg you into defeat. You should know that someone like me who is in a permanent state of war-readiness cannot be defeated. In fact, I know that you do know this but you still exhibit some perverted delight in trying to prove me wrong. You should have learned by now that I am always right and you should accept this. Yet you keep trying to correct me or even worse show me up in front of others. It is little wonder that in the face of such provocation that I erupt behind closed doors and steamroller you into submission. You then have the audacity to call me for my unreasonable behaviour when you started it. This is why I truly do think that there is something wrong with you. Any nation that decided to embark on a full-scale war with the might of a superpower such as the USA would be deemed crazy, it would be a self-destructive and suicidal act. Yet, in the same way you see the might of my firepower, my array of gleaming guns, miles of ammunition and battalion after battalion of trauma tanks and you still provoke me. My fearsome fighter planes which unleash their manipulative missiles against you and the squadrons of bombers which are always ready to carpet bomb you with malice into total submission are obvious to see and yet you still insist on engaging in war with me. I am the lord of war; it is what I have been created for. I am always ready for the fight, I am on high alert and in the moment of a murmured insult I launch into action. I am highly-trained and designed for combat. You are not and still you engage me, trying to outflank me and outwit me. You launch trumped-up accusations at me but they will fall short of their intended target and then you will be subjected to the full might of my armies as I strike back. Anybody who would goad a superpower such as myself is clearly insane and your repeated attempts to do this put you firmly in this category. It is only the truth I therefore tell when my propaganda broadcasts to your family and friends point out that you are clearly unhinged. You are. Your repeated attempts to topple me bear testament to this insanity on your part.

Everything about me is designed to defeat you. I am the anointed one. I am the king of this kingdom and can never be usurped. This is why I have been created as the total war machine. I have been designed in this way to always triumph, my ever-ready condition a necessary pre-requisite to crushing any rebellion on your part. Why not for once finallyΒ submit to my hegemonic control? Why not recognise that you can never win and submit to my good governance? After all, I only have your best interests at heart. You cannot defeat a machine which is always primed for war. An outbreak of peace will do you the world of good won’t it?

33 thoughts on “War Machine

1. DebbieWolf says:

😊…well…a Vodka Martini I have now come to read that you like..

5 million hits today on the blog today so I hope you will indulge in one at least. Your brilliant work, straight forward style and no nonsense answers has helped many of us.
    Thank you.

2. Pinkshorts says:

Ali had a glitch. K is soaking up that fuel left and right. I just drank a Starbucks full of AIDS virus.

3. DebbieWolf says:

Blimey HG

You are such a conundrum.
    You are the human Rubik Cube.
    What do you actually drink? Water wine..whiskey???. (The www. Man)

Once upon a time I had a plumber (not literally)… he was like you and never drank anything offered, if I offered him a drink he would want hot water from the kettle only.
    I tried it once… horrible..
    Bring on the cream and sugar and bang them in I say…..my coffee.
    .. still this isn’t all about me!

I bet you’re full of energy aren’t you based on that you don’t drink toooooo many of “the naughty things”.
    β˜•πŸ΅πŸ»πŸΊπŸΈπŸ·πŸΎ

I drink all sorts dependent on the situation.

4. Ali says:

I guess then that I am somewhat insane, having no taste for war but plenty of fight in me to stand up to those who don’t have the sense to let me be, as he found out all the years that he tried to be superior to me…
    considering what i’ve been through, i’ve earned my stripes.
    i.e. when you walk away from war still standing, especially a war you never asked for that dragged you to the deepest pits of hell on earth, with your head held high, you have proven you are untamable. because in the end we are the only ones who can tame ourselves, we are the only ones who are allowed by our inner-selves to do so.

your kind is no different then an immune system attacking itself because it no longer recognizes the real enemy. Your fight is really against matrinarc, isn’t it? Or maybe your battle is with yourself, deep in that secret inner sanctum… yet because that would be anathema to admit it as such, you lash out at those around you, the closest to you… because fighting yourself would be impossible within the cognitive dissonance you find yourself in… you cannot be wrong so you build illogical reasons for what you do… you cannot self-reflect because doing so would leave you with no tooth or claw and so you lash out at those most likely to fall for it and allow you in. Those unable to know a wolf in sheep’s clothing…

I lost where I was going with this post…

oh yes… maybe I am somewhat insane… or maybe I am not the insane one between myself and the narc I broke free from – clarity

5. Flickatina says:

So you are not really a narcissist but just a menopausal woman!

1. Ali says:

LMAO!

2. Flickatina…. that is hilarious!οΌŠβ‚β‘β‚β‘οΌŠβ‚β‘β‚β‘οΌŠ

1. strongerwendy says:

It does sound a lot like PMS. Apparently… I can be a bit mean then…

πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜‡

6. K says:

Narcissists really do create their own worlds. My ex sent me this text yesterday.

I love you. We just can’t get along. And I can live in your world and you can’t live in mine.

It really is constant warfare with your kind and the only way to win is to run away as fast as you can and never fight back. “I am god of the world I have created for us and you must always remember this.” We live in different worlds but sometimes I just want to clock him right in the nose in my world.

7. strongerwendy says:

Not related to the post but…

How do you take your coffee (or tea), HG? πŸ™‚

I don’t really drink coffee.

I don’t drink much tea either – I don’t bother with milk.

1. AH OH says:

What is your morning drink HG?

Fuel. What else?

1. Ms brown Cβ˜… says:

hilarious…. “Fuel, Breakfast of Champions”

2. AH OH says:

Come on HG. What is your choice of morning liquid beverage? Vodka?

It depends on the circumstances.

2. ahhhh, a Bourbon/Scotch kinda guy?

Vodka martini

1. Ms brown Cβ˜… says:

shaken, not stirred, strait up and dirty 🍸

Straight. Stirred.

3. Cβ˜… says:

ahh, and I prefer mine the other… Moscow Mules in Summer

2. AH OH says:

I have to say this is not a study I would not give too much credence. I know many who drink black coffee and they are NOT psychopaths. I would venture to say the study was conducted by psychopaths.

1. Indy says:

lol probably Oh Ah!

I drink my coffee (coconut milk and sugar) and tea with all the fixings (almond milk and honey) So did all my exes πŸ˜„

Maybe we should study whether all sociopaths like meat and if they eat it rare? And Sashimi!!!
        (If that’s the case, I’m an ax killer πŸ˜†)

1. AH OH says:

I like my red meat med rare.

3. Ms brown Cβ˜… says:

i must be a psychopath then, on most days, lol

SWendy

Oh dear. I drink my coffee black and I love radishes and bitter things.

8. jenna says:

“You should know that someone like me who is in a permanent state of war-readiness cannot be defeated” – it’s a sad way to live. This makes me feel sad. I wish i could do something for my ex mid-ranger who must feel this way, but now i know i can’t.

9. Christy Wright says:

I agree, HG. This could have been written by my ex, a man who tortured me mentally and emotionally, and yes, sometimes physically for 3 yrs. He wouldn’t have ever been so eloquent, tho. He was basically a madman with better attire.

10. SVR says:

This sounds like a little boy playing with his battlefield toys being the master. He rules and that’s it. I just want to shake that little boy stuck in you HG to meet the man on the exterior, for him to meet himself and learn to love. It’s such a sad state of affairs.
    Actually feel for you even although I have no idea who you really are under this HG mask.
    I know you said hereditary disposition can be a cause of narcsassism however can it be hereditary alone? Or without Matrinarc would you have been a non narc?
    I can understand why people hate you and I can understand how people love you. I suppose that’s what you live for, that fuel.
    So very sad 😑

1. jenna says:

SVR, pls don’t take this question the wrong way. Since you were hostile the other day, and now you feel some sympathy, could you be borderline? I know i am, thus my feelings fluctuate constantly from like to hate to sympathy to wanting to help, back to hate, like etc. for my ex-midranger. It is a bpd trait. Again, not intended to offend.

11. lynnyrn says:

If only….
    If our minds and hearts were of the same material as those you eloquently write of, of you.
    All I, all most want, in this lifetime is to make you feel loved. We believe in you, pray for you, want every dream to come true for you. The last thing that would ever be desired on our parts was to make you feel anything less.
    Glad I only met one man of this nature, or at least only fell for one. The only one that the harder I tried I tried the worse it got.
    Who would ever want to go to war with someone they put on a pedestal? Adored? Even when we bow would the king call an end to the war? Doesn’t sound like the soldiers would empty their chambers completely of their bullets. And we have no real armor when fall for you. You’re right, when we love or care about someone, it doesn’t completely go away. I am too newly wounded.

Wow, this made me feel sad inside. Love, kindness isn’t always enough for everyone.

This was really good HG.

12. Ms brown Cβ˜… says:

sounds like a story line for “Inhumans”

The Geyser Empath