The Narcissistic Truths – No. 58

we-dont-do-grey

14 thoughts on “The Narcissistic Truths – No. 58

1. Renee says:

Jesus. He tells me this ALL the time….its black or white! No in between. Bullshit. Escape imminent

Interesting. I see grey as morphing back and forth between black and white. An out, or a place to hide when unable to commit to something. Narcs dont like grey and yet thats what they seem to me to be doing-morphing. Although that is over a period of time-in the moment they are definitely either black or white.

3. The Bridge says:

Hg, do you have more sociopathic or narcissistic caracteristics?

I have more anti-social ones.

4. Maia says:

Hmmm, at the start of the divorce he said ” if you say it’s black, I’ll say it’s white”. I knew then what a long drawn out battle it was going to be.

5. Gman says:

I believe the tendency to think in absolutes or to ignore ambiguity is an ancillary trait of narcissism. Some do, some don’t as much. It affects some normal people too, as does conceiving of people as objects or as serving discrete functions rather than as separate individuals. I think this is why some normals or empaths do not see the narcissist for who he is, because they have decided their partner is an object of love, and during the golden period they have confirmed this view by the provision of certain emotions. They can’t detach from the memory of that provision because their conception of their partner is one dimensional.

1. Gman says:

Of course while seeing in black and white may be useful for browbeating a subtler person, it does reduce perceptiveness. Thus it lowers function overall.

6. Ashley says:

I wonder why my narc and his new girl has a special date which is on my birth of date? He put it up on his whatsapp? Coincidence ?

Not a coincidence Ashley, it is triangulation.

7. Nat says:

That’s all I ever fought for, it was either white or black, nothing in between.

8. Narc affair says:

Black and white thinking. Good or bad. Nothings ever mediocre. Lovebombing to devaluing to golden crumbs to smearing to discard. Your enemy to lover to betrayer to confidant. We never know where we stand bc we never know if youll be black or white from one minute to the next.

9. AH OH says:

I’m a realist. Not sure I can understand gray. I feel gray is not to standard. It is one (white) or the other (black). I have been told so many times ” it is not just black or white”. Well, shit for brains, it is for me.

10. Indy says:

Yet that narcissistic tweed is quite elegantly woven so well that at times I think there are hints of gray in your thinking.

The Treatment