Little Acons – No. 4

YOU ALWAYSLET ME DOWN

A series of memes which encapsulates the mind set of the narcissistic parent towards their child resulting in the creation of the Adult Child of a Narcissist.

9 thoughts on “Little Acons – No. 4

1. narc affair says:

And ill keep letting you down bc ill never be like you. Your golden child son hasnt let you down and is your mini me. Im so glad i let you down and can be me and seperate from your influence.

1. Gareth says:

From my experience when my narc would drink I would get to see behind the mask way more. I could see some kind of understanding of the behavior but after sobbing up would just get a repeat of the same behavior. Over and over again. We had 100s of talks for years about the same things but it never changed. When we broke up she told me that she had read our e mails from years ago and that we still had the same issues as before. I thought yeah we do because you will never change what you are doing and I’m still here hoping it might sink it.

2. Gareth says:

At a certain level I don’t think they truly believe there own bullshit. I’ve seen the regret when they realise the consequences of all the actions. However they still don’t take responsibility for it and don’t change it either.

1. Windstorm2 says:

Gareth
      Yes, I’ve often seen regret in narcissists. But if you examine it closely, it’s always really regret for themselves. That they weren’t able to get what they wanted or that it will be much harder now – never really regret for the person they hurt.

That’s how I tell when a narc hurts me, if it was deliberate or unintended. If I can see regret or upset, I know they’re thinking something like, “Damn! Why did this happen to me and what do I need to do to cover it up/get out of it? Life’s just not fair!”

1. Gareth says:

Yes you make a good point. I don’t know about you but mine would go into full meltdowns under the influence of alcohol. Wine to be exact. She drank whiskey with me a few times and that would led to verbal and physical abuse. Under wine mainly got full emotional breakdown that would be very intense in nature, and verbal abuse. I also received a lot of disappearing acts. I’m going to the store to get dinner. Then stop answering her phone and show up at 3,4 5 in the morning. Thought I was dealing with someone with alcohol issues for years but since doing further research mainly on this site I have a strong feeling that it was vastly more complicated than that.

1. Windstorm2 says:

Gareth
          Mine actually is an alcoholic. When he was drunk was the only times I ever saw him cry – always for himself. He would get maudlin, repetitive and didactic – totally lose any appeal to me. What I have always valued about him is his intellect (he is a greater cerebral).

He never disappeared. He was home every night. I left him at the nadir of his alcoholism. Once he sobered up, it took a few years for him to get beyond his wounding from my leaving him, now we get along very well. Judging from what I read here, our relationship is very bizarre. Sex was never very important to him, so there was never any one else. Now we accept each other for what we are and greatly enjoy each other’s company.

2. narc affair says:

Hi gareth…i agree with your post! There was a time i felt my mother had no clue or care but recently i noticed shes changing and not in a good way. Shes taken up drinking wine a lot and i do see a personality shift. I think her conscience is there but she will never admit it. In a way i wish her conscience would stay dead bc its upsetting seeing this side of her. Id rather the mother that was oblivious. I do worry about her but remain detached. I have my own life and she made her own bed that she has to sleep in now.

3. Windstorm2 says:

Probably because I was “always so hateful” and “never listened” to her! 😄

4. thepianist20 says:

Yeah, even if you ask me to be your doormat, I STILL let you down!!

Screw you freaking mom and dad!

For SUBJECTING ME TO IMMENSE EMOTIONAL EXTORTION!

Both of you are lame excuses for parents. You don’t even deserve to be labeled “parents”. I’d rather call you egg donors and sperm donors.

You both are psychopathic monsters! Love to see other people rot!

Your Fault