The Narcissistic Truths – No. 176

the-narcissists

20 thoughts on “The Narcissistic Truths – No. 176

1. Wavey says:

I would find it fascinating to learn more about how you pick a lieutenant. What traits do they possess that are different from a typical co-dependent, empath, or super-empath that prompts you to give them this role? What is the flavor of the fuel you derive the first time you see a mild mannered lieutenant transform into a pitt bull to ensure you are treated with proper deference and respect by third parties. What traits matter to promote your flying monkeys in your ranks? What is the nature of the hole in their heart that produces such steadfast loyalty to you despite receiving only tertiary rewards (compared to your inner circle or intimate partners)? They seem like they come alive when given the role of loyalist thug, like it empowers them to be on your team but they dare not wish to be considered one of the inner sanctum.

1. Wavey says:

To be more concise, is it a feudal relationship?

See the article ‘The Coterie” and the section on Lieutenants in Manipulated.

1. Wavey says:

Thank you, HG, for the referral. Fascinating. May I ask how many years has your longest serving lieutenant been with you?

More than 20 years.

2. Noname says:

That’s a very important truth.

Tell me who your friend is, and I’ll tell you who you are.

3. DebbieWolf says:

Oh no. Trained chimps you mean.
    😒
    Some days my sighs are neverending.

4. E. B. says:

Adults Lieutenants, including other narcissists, Normals and Empaths, do know what they are doing when they join the Puppeteer in their fight against an *enemy*.
    Several years ago I told a Lieutenant, who was gathering information to pass onto the narcissist, not to let others use him as a puppet. “NOBODY TELLS ME I’M A PUPPET!!!!”, he shouted at me and went on defending himself. He did not know that I was well-aware of his role. They are not as innocent as they appear. It was not the first time I did it. The Lieutenants I know feel “privileged” to be accepted by the narcissist and to belong his “selected group” but they do not like it when they learn what we think about them, that they are being used, manipulated and cannot think for themselves.

5. Mona says:

He learnt it in childhood by giving his grandpa a blow job.

1. Windstorm2 says:

Mona, that is horrible! And a rough mental image to have with my breakfast. That type of child abuse is very common here. 🙁

6. Mona says:

This one reminds me of the old Mafia films. Big Boss and his dirty stupid executors. But it is true. My narc always looked for “friends” who were less intelligent than him, had less money and did all that he wanted. He told them they were friends. He did not see them as friends. They were staff. He payed them although they did not realise it. He invited them, gave them some benefits. They thought it was because of the great friendship they had with him. He saw it as payment for a good job.

7. Findinglife11 says:

I think he actually does look like a monkey.

8. Twilight says:

Do your lieutenants know what they are?

9. Windstorm2 says:

That’s a very derogatory way to think of your lieutenants! Were you never anyone else’s lieutenant when you were younger?

No, I wasn’t Ws2.

1. Windstorm2 says:

I don’t think any of mine were either. Do you think it is an “either/or”? Do most narcs either have lieutenants or they are one, but not both?

I varies dependent on the school WS2.

1. Windstorm2 says:

I can see that. I imagine greaters often have lieutenants, but rarely are one, lessers are often lieutenants but rarely have them and midrangers often are lieutenants and may also have one or more of their own.

2. Flying monkeys and all that…

10 Social Media Mind Games