Little Acons – No. 13

I'M THEONLYFRIENDYOU'VEGOT

A series of memes which encapsulates the mind set of the narcissistic parent towards their child resulting in the creation of the Adult Child of a Narcissist.

14 thoughts on “Little Acons – No. 13

1. sarah says:

I can’t see the text that goes with this topic (Little Acons no. 13)

It is a meme Sarah.

2. X says:

This is so very true.

3. Windstorm2 says:

I never actually heard this one, but I constantly got its cousin, “I’m just trying to help you so other people won’t make fun of you.” This relating to my actions, clothing choices, future plans, etc.

I remember when I was leaving for my first job interview after I’d graduated university. My mother went hysterical over the shoes I was wearing. She begged me to change my shoes. “No one would ever hire someone wearing shoes like that! You look like a prostitute!” You can imagine what that did to my confidence heading out to my very first job interview.

And of course it was entirely bogus (3″ heels with a business suit for an office job in exports at Fruit of the Loom). I got the job. My future supervisor told me afterwards that she hired me because I could answer her questions in both French and Spanish. I asked her if she felt I had been dressed appropriately and she said she had thought I looked very professional. One more reason I never trusted anything my mother said to me.

4. Mona says:

Test,test. I have some technical problems to comment. Anyone else too?

1. Windstorm2 says:

Mona
      If you’re referring to word press, mine has. Even acting squirrely too.

1. Mona says:

Thank you, windstorm. It is crazy making. If I want to comment, narcsite breaks down. Not all the time, but very often.

1. Windstorm2 says:

Mona
          I had that same problem. As I would be typing a reply, it would just shut down and I’d lose what I typed. I got around that by typing my comments as notes in my phone, then copy and paste into the website. If it shuts down, I haven’t lost anything.

2. Noname says:

Me too, Mona.

When I submit a comment and it says “Submitting comment…” and then I see my comment in the thread with “Awaiting moderation” phrase, I know it was sent successfully.

When I submit a comment and it just disappears, I know it wasn’t sent at all. Half of my comments go in this way. I contacted WordPress team and then talked with Tudor about it, but that technical problem wasn’t resolved. It seems it is impossible to resolve it at all.

Initially, I retyped my comments and sent them again, but then I stopped to do it. I was like “Hell with my comments. Anyway, they aren’t something super-important. Moreover, many girls expresses the same opinion. No need to repeat it”. Lol.

P.S. I will laugh hard, if this comment won’t be submitted.

1. Sillyolperson says:

Dear Noname,

I think your comments are very super-important, as with every other comment and I love reading them!

Most sincerely

2. Noname says:

You give me a lot of credit, Sillyolperson. Lol.

BTW, it seems ALL of my comments are submitted successfully today.

3. Sillyolperson says:

Dear Noname,
        You are worthy of credit!
        I’m glad your comments have been successful.
        💜

3. Sillyolperson says:

Dear Mona,
      I’ve had no comments since last Thursday. Perhaps Mr Tudor has been relaxing on the French Riviera researching new sources!

5. narc affair says:

This could be used in any narc relationship. My narcs become just that and i see it as a huge mistake on my part. They are so good at becoming so integral you isolate yourself and soon its true they are your only friend.

Lies