In The Bleak Midwinter

snow

In the bleak midwinter frosty wind made moan, earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone. Snow had fallen snow on snow, snow on snow. In the middle of winter one comes to expect snow and in certain places plenty of it. Snow is beautiful. It carpets any scene, any view and transforms it into an eye-catching and attractive picture. Few people can resist looking out over a snow-covered landscape and be spellbound by it. The thick, white blanket that conceals all the blemishes and carbuncles that are ordinarily visible. A scrap yard which is full of rusting motor vehicles, broken washing machines and discarded fridges becomes an undulating cloak of unbroken snow. Those rough edges become smoothed. The stained soil is hidden beneath the sparkling coat. The world soon becomes a more attractive and an almost magical place.

As the first snowflakes begin to fall, that excitement still rises within most people. They are transported to their childhood and remember the anticipation of the snowfall. It might mean a snow day and freedom from school. It certainly meant snowball fights, sledging and building snow men. An infrequent opportunity to engage in something different in this marvellous winter wonderland. It also evokes such keen images of Christmas, that most celebrated of seasons and therefore the link between snow and wonderful sensations and events is incredibly strong.Even the solitary snow flake is a thing of wonder. Perfect crystalline formations, each different, delicate and seductive. They mesh together as the isolated snowflakes become a dusting and as more snow falls, the temperature lowered, the dusting becomes a layer and then a carpet which grows thicker and deeper. The world slows down to embrace this beauty. Everything looks clean, smoothed and beautiful. Noise becomes muffled and invariably silence reigns as if sound has agreed to be muted in silent reverence of the visual spectacular that is created by a snowfall.

When the snow first comes it is mesmerising, enchanting and makes everything seem wonderful. Of course being trapped beneath this frozen water is a cold and unpleasant experience. Over time it compacts and ices over, proving of little use for snowballs. Gone is the gentle fluffiness to be replaced by a hard-edged and potentially injurious surface that cuts if gathered into an  ice ball. The thick covering of snow brings chaos to transport, halting trains and blocking roads. Walking becomes hazardous and the very young and very old find themselves confined to their homes. The ice that gathers on power lines drags them down and cuts people off. This once beautiful weather phenomenon becomes costly and inconvenient. Plans are cancelled, events postponed and even the simplest of tasks become laborious. Even a thawing brings with it that damp, cold slush that chills and wets, increasing the risk of a traffic accident or slipping over. The once white paradise becomes browned slush and sharp ice, neither being appealing. It freezes as the temperature drops again but has none of the beauty that preceded it. As the days become weeks this seemingly unending cold front with its legacy of ice and snow grows all the more unwelcome, yet its grip shows no sign of loosening, generating more inconvenience and misery for those who are isolated by it or consigned to having to deal with it. That once white magical landscape has soon transformed into something frightful and difficult. How easily the world changes from such mesmerising beauty into cold, hurtful bleakness.

Strangely familiar don’t you think?

117 thoughts on “In The Bleak Midwinter

1. kelfairly says:

HG, your voice is deeper than I expected. Blue eyes? I’m picturing Cary Elwes.

2. kelfairly says:

Hmm, I’d like to hear you read it too, but I can’t find it on YouTube, please let me know how to get to it. It would be super convenient if the link could be attached here at the end of the story. 🙂

Kelfairly
      Adding the link to the article is a great idea.

1. kelfairly says:

NA, Thanks! HG, is it possible for you to add the YouTube link to the bottom of these stories?

2. MB says:

Kelfairly, here it is. (and it’s one of his high quality recordings) I’ve listened four times today. Addicted to the voice. Enjoy!

1. kelfairly says:

MB, Yay, thanks!

1. MB says:

You’re welcome kel

2. MB says:

Make that five times today. This one is so good.

3. MB says:

Nevermind HG! I found it. ❤️

1. WhoCares says:

Found it too MB:

Posting for others…and myself…for easy reference. I plan to listen later today – I have to listen to my narc’s voice today and discuss him with other people – ugh. Then afterwards I will have a listen to this to distract me.

HG – I love the fall best – but reading your words here, you have absolutely captured the way I feel about snow and winter…and, even though I agree with the second part – I still feel that delight at the anticipation of the first real snowfall of the year…

Needless to say, the analogy is most apt.

4. MB says:

HG, I couldn’t find the recording for this one on YT. Will you record it for us?

5. kelfairly says:

Beautiful, poetically descriptive writing. The first paragraph quickly turns into the second, so true. Just a metaphor for how quickly we become bored with narcissists, and can’t muster the same repetitive excitement we did during the first falling, causing our fuel to lose its steam- you aren’t impressing us sufficiently for us to sustain our passion, sorry.

6. SuperNova says:

This is absolutely brilliant, HG. When I first started reading your blog, I was taken a back. I didn’t understand how powerful your words and your voice truly were.

Thank you.

7. Snow falling softly before the beautiful words, generating a winter wonderland of scenery in my mind, before morphing into the chilling grey and muck as winter progresses…….

You do have a way with words HG!
    Totally Awesome!!!

Is this audio recorded yet?

Please?

It will be this week.

1. Thank you so much!
        I’ll be looking forward to it.

2. Oooohhh,

Just heard it!

Can a voice reading such descriptive text be gorgeous??
        Yes, because you have accomplished just that, yet again!!

Thanks,
        and Yule Cheer to you!

Perse

8. Antifragile says:

Thought “The Narcissistic Fairytales”, especially with your voice, would be something absolutely great… Black and white splitted. …And what if all the fairytales were created by narcissists?..

9. Indy says:

Ahhh I love this! The phases of snow and narcissists. The beauty and the brutality.

I remember as a child in Vermont, trying to walk on the snow’s crust and not falling into the fluff layers below. And then, when finally falling in and trying to play with the crust, digging holes under the crust until it breaks, and getting lightly scraped on my exposed wrists and ankles by the razor edged fin surface. I used to refer to it as “cake snow”. And then the next snow phase, the dirty snow, frozen dirt within the ice and snow crystals. Almost like rocks, granite. Hard unforgiving and cold.

Yes, kind of like the dance with Jack Frost.

Here comes the snow again! Twirls in my mind as I dream of a white Christmas.

1. Caroline says:

Niiiiice descriptions, Indy.

10. ALotHasOccurred says:

Touche’

11. Bibi says:

HG, read Loren Eiseley, the American anthropologist. He is the greatest essayist I’ve ever encountered, other than James Baldwin.

Both Americans.

Your piece, while good, is a bit florid and the penultimate line falls into cliche. Work your modifiers better. ‘Cold’, ‘Bleak’ eh. We’ve heard that a million times. You can do better. You’ve done better.

You are a very good writer, (were you not I’d not be here) yet I am merely giving you shit. 😉

Read the poem ‘The Snowman’ by Wallace Stevens. Look it up. I am serious. Do it.

Americans, despite our shit culture currently, completely annihilate the Brits in literary excellence.

Who is your Walt Whitman? Your Melville? Who transcribes the cosmos with the blood and bone of being?

Not Graham Greene.

I ask this with all affection.

1. … the fury ignites…but is controlled… 😉

2. Narc Angel says:

Oh boy.

Remember Bibi? She used to be fun lol.

1. Nuit Étoilée says:

NA you are on a roll tonight!!! 😂 hahaahhaaa!!!
        *my fave – do you have act like an asshole to be a narc…? Heeheehee

Bibi – caaarefuuuulll… personally, I have a multicultural approach – Dickens, Twain, Balzac…

2. Bibi says:

Narc Angel, I am still fun! LOL

I am merely giving my feedback. I know, I know, I am giving crit to a narc, which means death, but I just felt I have something to offer.

C’mon, the penultimate line…eh. HG can handle it. Read that Stevens poem.

I am playing on that rivalry that exists b/t American and Brit writers.

HG, you know I adore you.

3. K says:

Ha ha ha ha…

4. Sniglet says:

NA – your posts are clear and fun to read. You have an awesome sense of humor.

1. Narc Angel says:

Sniglet

Thank you for the compliment..

Haha. Are you doing a test?

Igniters of fury # 15
          Complimenting someone else.

3. Jenna says:

Bibi,
      I wouldn’t go there if i were u!

4. Jenna says:

Bibi,

“Read loren eiseley”
      “Work ur modifiers better”
      “Look it up”
      “Do it”

Ohhh my!
      Tudor doesn’t like commands. Ur treading on thin ice☠️

12. Bubbles🍾 says:

Dear Mr Tudor,

Your writing is so evocative, masterful and beautiful.

How is it that a piece so “emotionally” written is by someone who isn’t?

I have emotions. I keep explaining this.

I am well-read. I know what words mean. Do you have to be French to be able to speak French?

1. Windstorm2 says:

HG
        I’ve often felt the French think so.

Touche!

2. Nuit Étoilée says:

Windstorm.. tell me about it..

HG why are you bringing the French into this? Are you jealous of the passion? Or is it what you aspire to? 😉

I can assure you, however, despite certain assertions to the contrary, that it is not a prerequisite :p *take that académie française!!

Do you have to be Spanish to speak Spanish?
          Do you have to be a professional footballer to kick a football or to comment on a football match?
          Do you have to have a disease to know how to cure it?

1. Narc Angel says:

Do you have to act like an asshole to be a narc?

Oh……wait…….

3. ANK says:

😂👍 love it NA

3. Bubbles🍾 says:

My apologies Mr Tudor. I meant from “our” emotional thinking perspective.
        I didn’t word it correctly. No ill was intended.
        I thought I was complimenting you.

I know you have emotions.
        Thankyou for pointing it out, youre right.

Noted, thank you for the clarification.

4. Nuit Étoilée says:

I was kidding, HG!!

I’ve always said you have a gift w words (but you already know that)

Thank you for writing.. you bring my imagination to life… x

Thank you and you are welcome.

13. Noname says:

That Winter seemed endless… It felt like an endless hell-paradise.

Finally, you’ve became tired of all of this…

You put your coat on, your hands are frozen and shaking from cold. You go out. You go. You don’t know where you are going to. You just go. The cold and penetrating wind stabs your skin and freezes your bones. No matter what, you go. You go. You go.

At the end of the seemingly endless white field, a strange object catches your attention. You get closer to it. You see a strange gigantic machine and you don’t have any clue of what it is and what it does. No one sits inside of it.
    Deafening silence…

You notice a green tree behind that machine. Than another one. Than another one… Green forest… You look back and see an endless snowy field. It looks silent and dead. You are staying there, looking back and forth fascinated by what you are witnessing, wondering “How could it be?”.

The deafening roar interrupts your thoughts. You look at now working machine. You see someone sitting inside of it. He looks familiar, but you don’t recognize that person for sure.

That machine catches your attention again. You see a big cloud of snow flakes that are flying out of it. They are covering the field and moving toward small town you live in…

It is a snow manufacturing machine…

You look at green forest behind that machine again. You understood everything. The Spring has begun already. You just didn’t realize it.

That Winter was false.
    Now it is over.

P.S. You’ve described a real life, that applies to anyone, Tudor. Nothing is forever young and endless. Everything is mortal and has its end. That’s a life as it is. So, I’ve decided to add a “Narcy component” to your beautifully written story and I hope you don’t mind.

14. Jenna says:

Very visual! Loved it!

Thank you.

15. Lou says:

Funny, I was thinking lately how beautiful snow can be and how much I enjoy it as long as I am in a warm place and do not have to drive to go to work. I always fear the combination snow, ice and motorway.

16. Sniglet says:

With earth hard as iron the wind has reason to moan. And moan it shall until that water melts.

Yes, nature is a narcissist! Don’t forget that under the snow there is life waiting to flourish for yet another beautiful season.

17. Felicia says:

HG I like the snowing effect on your page. I can just imagine my ex gaslighting me saying it’s not snowing on that page. Even without him here I had to watch it a few minutes to make sure it was in fact snowing and I could trust my own reality.

An honest admission and instructive in the impact that manipulations have on you.

1. Narc Angel says:

Tudor where is my snow?!

None on my ipad or phone. What must one do to be worthy of your sprinkling?

You need to dream a little larger my dear.

1. Narc Angel says:

Dreaming larger

Hahaha. Fair enough.

2. Windstorm2 says:

Crap! No snow for me then, either! I’ve never been much of a dreamer – too literal.

3. Caroline says:

Whaaat? It’s always the long-suffering that, well, suffer. Not fair. Will it help if I describe it to you? You very much deserve to see snow! 🙂

2. Caroline says:

What?? You can’t see the snow falling, NA? So sad!

Maybe rub your eyes a bunch — then look back at the screen…. that might have the same effect.

You’re welcome! lol.

1. Narc Angel says:

Caroline

Geez-way to gaslight. Still nuthin.

2. Windstorm2 says:

Yeah, NarcAngel, nothing for me either. Almost makes me want to drag out my laptop and spend the two hours it would probably take to get it online and operational so I can see this snow – almost.

3. Narc Angel says:

Windstorm

I know! Its igniting my fury.

Cant you just see HG sitting on his own snow globes looking out over his shelves of little empath snowglobes with a look of glee? All beautifully calm little empaths gazing up adoringly at him…………………

………Until he reaches to pick one up and shakes the crap out of it, mesmerized until it calms again before reaching for another.….

Do you hear that evil laughter?

4. Windstorm2 says:

NarcAngel
            I have no fury. I just go hopping along in my field of clover like a bunny, never even noticing the evil laughter. Wait! What’s that shadow? Is that a hawk?……….

5. Caroline says:

TBH, Windstorm, it’s not all that great (no offense, HG) — it’s sort of like when you look out a window on a sunny day — then see these little clear, bubbly things when you first look at things inside your house, floating downward.

6. Caroline says:

Wait, I do see “snow”!

Seriously, NA…I see it – and I’m not on drugs, lol…TBH, it’s a little bit much – the snow. Kinda gives me a headache.

No, I’m actually serious, seriously. (kinda getting giggly now, like when you’re in high school and just can’t shut off the laughter)…

Really, I swear. Seeing stuff floatin’ around. No lie.

7. Narc Angel says:

Caroline

I thought others said it was just on the Evil logo. If youre just sitting staring at that youre on something!

The big bad Narc goes out of his way to do something nice for Christmas and you go piss all over it. Is it any wonder we get discarded?

LOL

8. Caroline says:

NA,
            Oh man! That’s so bad! No wonder I thought it wasn’t that great, lol. It’s my device, not pretend snow. Don’t even ask… but way funny.:-)

Sorry, HG. I’m sure the REAL fake snow was superb.

18. MyTrueSelf says:

I lived in Scandinavia for a couple of years. Snow, extreme temperatures and winter conditions never stop anyone from doing anything!
    The folks who were brought up there, have lived there, are educated in the potential hazards, they’re prepared, well equipped and experienced..
    Winter weather is welcomed, its opportunity for winter activities and sports and hot saunas.
    Taking this metaphor in respond to yours HG …I suppose being equipped and knowing the hazards is the only way of interacting with a narcissist- both in their cold manipulations and their heated fury!

1. abrokenwing says:

Here in the Uk snow is rare and even if it happens then few centimeters of snow paralysis the whole country so it only brings trouble and misery. Unfortunately..

Yes, it is pathetic.

2. Windstorm2 says:

Abrokenwing
        Sounds like here in KY. But since the kids all ride busses to school, the schools have to close and I get to stay home and enjoy the snow. ❄️

3. abrokenwing says:

Windstorm,

I was also forced to stay at home for the same reason but in my situation not being able to go to work will not be a good thing..

4. K says:

No wonder my shoveling services were rejected. We get some beautiful blizzards in New England that can shut down schools for a week.

Proper weather.

When I visit the US I make sure I watch the relevant weather channel for half an hour or so to see weather done properly.

2. Sunniva says:

MyTrueSelf,
      As a Scandinavian I just have to comment. I like your analogy to the analogy, and it reminded me of a saying we have here: «Det er aldri så mørkt, som rett før det gryr av dag». It means that the darkest hour is just before daybreak.
      The saying is often used after 30 km ski-ing in -20 degrees celsius, and strong northern wind.
      So, if you survive that, you can survive anything.
      I’ll keep that in mind for the road ahead😊

1. Caroline says:

You’re Norwegian, right? (Way too excited about this)…I ‘m a generation or two removed, but ancestry is strong Norwegian… and I feel very Norwegian. ;-)…We always have Lefse at Christmas!

2. Sunniva says:

Hi Caroline😊
        Yes, I am Norwegian. And you are absolutely right, Lefse is mandatory at Christmas👌🏻 Where is your Norwegian family from? On my mother’s side I have family in Oregon, Ohio and Michigan. On my father’s side in New York and Florida🌟🇺🇸🙌🏻

1. Caroline says:

Wish I knew Norwegian, but all I’ve got is “Uff da!”, which 3 of my cousins say a lot. 🙂 We have relatives in Oslo, and many of my relatives live in Wisconsin.

3. Sunniva says:

Hehe…Ouch (uff da) is not the worst norwegian word to know, at least not in this context.
        The snow outside my window is absolutely beautiful, and for me it is always wonderful. Today people used their cross country skis to get to work.
        Although, narcissism is exactly the same here, and the pattern described on this blog fits every norwegian narcissist also.

19. Caroline says:

Beautiful piece.

Yes, ’tis true… and sad.

20. Nuit Étoilée says:

Beautiful.. chilling..

..but I appreciate the warmth of the fire all the more after coming in from the cold.. being wet and chilled to the bone to be replaced by the inviting crackle of.the fire.. mesmerized by the flames.. jumping up and consuming a newly added log.. licking the wood.. the blaze warming my skin..

..and the promise of new life peeking through the melting snow.. spring is coming.. we just have to be patient.. and keep hope alive..

1. ava101 says:

Me, too. Just carried some wood up-stairs … 😉

1. Nuit Étoilée says:

🙂 yay for fire! Ava – and everyone – come on, time for roasting marshmallows!!

*and some vin chaud/glühwein 😉

2. ava101 says:

And now I’m even learning new french words! Vin chaud – good to know. Yes, Glühwein. 😉 Everywhere now on the Christmas markets.

Vegan marshmallows that would be.
        Ah, I used to love hot chocolate with marshmallows …

1. Windstorm2 says:

Ava101
          We don’t have Christmas markets, or any kind of wine. Sounds very festive. We do have hot chocolate with marshmallows, but only if you make it at home.

3. ava101 says:

Oh, but we can buy those American hot chocolate marshmallow sets from the USA here, Windstorm! Which you only have to add hot water to.

I found Christmas in the USA much more festive, I keep missing it, and I learned to make a great vanilla pudding pie in the USA at Christmas. But yes, I guess our christmas markets are kind of famous, or at least an Irish lady told me once that they had specifically come from Ireland to attend one … Hot wine with spices is known in England, too, I suppose. The ones they serve here on the markets contain a lot of sugar and give you a headache. 😉
        But the markets smell fantastic, hot roasted almonds, crepes with chocolate, and such like.

4. Nuit Étoilée says:

Ava, i’m all for multilingual exchanges & surely we can find a vegam marshmallow equivalent 😊

Windstorm, have you been to Christmas markets? I’m surrounded by them and while it’s a fun outing w friends, I’m not a huge fan.

..wonder if they’re a hunting ground for a certain type of narc.. (had to keep it narc related 😉 )

1. Windstorm2 says:

No Nuit étoilée, I have never seen a Christmas market. I think they are just a European thing. We certainly do not have them here.

5. ava101 says:

May I ask where you are from, Nuit Etoilée?

6. Nuit Étoilée says:

Windstorm.. i have seen some cities recreate a Christmas market in the European style – but if ever you get across the pond, I’d be honored to show you a few – if you’re interested 😊

Ahhh Ava the dreaded question.. what if I said i’ve lived in 4 countries so far? I love the current song – I’ve got no roots!
        And I make hot cocoa – w milk & cocoa or melted chocolate (no powder for me..)
        I’ll tell you if you’ll tell me 😉

1. Windstorm2 says:

Nuit Étoilée
          Thanks for the offer. Doubt I’ll ever go back to Europe – especially not at Christmas time. Still have places on my bucket list to get to first! And too many grandchildren to spend time with!

7. ava101 says:

Haha, Windstorm, I wish I could tell you to come back to Europe, as there are not too many narcs around here … but I can’t. 😉

Nuit Etoilée: in Germany, right in the middle. Kind of.

8. Sniglet says:

Nuit Étoilée – we have something in common. I have no roots in any country, and at the same time I have roots in all where I have lived. It is a strange concept. As a child I learnt to detach from anything and everyone except very close family. Feelings become neutral and independence is crucial. Luckily for me my family is established in one country with lots of friends and connections which helps me get back into the fold easily.

9. Nuit Étoilée says:

Ah Windstorm – I look forward to hearing about your adventures then!

Ava, my country of origin is the US, but currently I’m in France, near the borders of both Germany & Switzerland – so lots of Christmas markets to choose from 😉 I also lived in Germany (Köln) & Ireland.

Sniglet – I am delighted to have someth in common! When my little girl heard the song & asked what it meant – when I explained, her response was – I’ve got roots everywhere! I like that.. global citizen 😉 ..this area is perfect for me.. working on finding my place..
        You do have a fiercely independent persona – like many here. Pleasure to interact!

1. Narc Angel says:

Everytime I read: “ I just carried some wood upstairs”

I picture Tudor signing off for the night by texting that to an empath downstairs.………

10. ava101 says:

Narc Angel:
        you mean like in the ice chamber article? Leaving the poor empath in the cold and dark? Or was there a double meaning I did not detect? 😉 I just love fire places … I once fell asleep in front of one while xxx with my ex-boyfriend …

Nuit Etoilée:
        ohh why did you leave Ireland?! So you’re about 3 hours away from me, in the Dreiländereck. 🙂 Soooo close to my dear exnarc … (I think. Damn it, I should have read his mail before deleting it).

1. Narc Angel says:

Ava101

A guy having ‘wood’ is another way of saying he has a hard-on.

11. Nuit Étoilée says:

Ava – *sigh* don’t get me started.. hmm.. maybe there’s a narc club around here…. 😉

12. ava101 says:

Ohhhh Narc Angel, hahaha, thank you, I knew that YOU couldn’t just have meant the literal meaning. 😉 Yay, another English term I’ve learned! And such a useful one. So, wood can keep you warm in more than one way …

21. Windstorm2 says:

Oh, now that is not fair, HG! Don’t you try to ruin my joy and excitement of a snowfall by trying to get me to associate it with narcs!! That’s just not right. I refuse. The presence of pain and heartache can never stop me from appreciating joy and wonder! ❄️❄️❄️⛄️❄️❄️❄️

22. ava101 says:

I so knew it that that last sentence would be coming. 😉 HG: Do you know the French movie “coeur en hiver”?
    Do you like ice skating?

I don’t that film Ava101. It depends on the circumstances.

1. ava101 says:

Awww you do go ice skating, how romantic … 🙂
        We have lots of snow here, so I will go this week …

2. Nuit Étoilée says:

I know that movie, Ava – *shiver*

I’ve been thinking about it often since reading HG.. I need to see it again now..

I recommend it for you, HG

3. ava101 says:

Nuit Etoilée:
        I’ve been thinking about that movie since I’ve been with my ex-narc. 😉
        I love the actress, I was pretty young when I watched that other famous movie with her, where she played a model, all naked, but displaying her soul ….
        Good idea to watch it. 🙂

2. K says:

ava101
      It depends on whether it is during seduction or devaluation.

23. Narc Angel says:

HG

Sigh. Beautiful. Forget the alleged incredible sex-I’ll take you writing stories and reading them to me any day. That is your true talent and a more lasting satisfaction.

1. ava101 says:

You could have both …

1. Narc Angel says:

Ava101

Well because its Christmas and I like to be fair….

He can lull me to an orgasmic sleep with his lovely tales told in that sexy naughty voice of his and then cover me up when hes done.

2. ava101 says:

🙂

24. abrokenwing says:

How beautiful!

The sound of snow crunching under my boots wintertime is one of very few things i miss about my country.

25. Blank says:

Wow HG! Such a poet you are!
    We live in a rural area. On the other side of the road from where we live is land. In summer it’s a cornfield, in winter just land. The sun rises over this land. When it’s a real cold morning and the field is covered in snow and the sun rises like an enormous fireball, I will open my curtains and I just wanna cry… so outrageously beautiful that view is.
    I’ll re-read the first part of your prose now and forget about the second.

26. Just Me says:

Yet, every winter holds the promise of spring.

27. E. B. says:

What a beautifully written analogy!

28. mb says:

Yes! Perfect analogy! N’s aren’t the only ones who grow immune/ bored, and what at first was wonder turns to monotony & pain . On a side note, thank God for seasons , maybe He knew how boredom is a pitfal of humanity and gives us a thrill then respite as the seasons change. I miss them , FL is basically summer. No respite. Pleasure to read, Very skilled wordsmith!!!!!

29. ANK says:

Very good analogy HG.

30. SuperXena says:

“How easily the world changes from such mesmerising beauty into cold, hurtful bleakness.” Oh yes, it sounds very familiar..but it doesn’t have to be that way…

Little Acons – No. 46