The Narcissist’s Social Media Laws – No. 12

soc med 12

This is not a meme – This is the truth

10 thoughts on “The Narcissist’s Social Media Laws – No. 12

1. Kiki says:

Hello HG
    Does narc just want to ignore messenger Messages (or sms, etc) because he or she is not in a mood? or just because they don’t love or care for the sender, they treat the Messages as redundant or tiresom and not Worthy of their time? Actually if they do it intentionally, they are indirectly telling us that they don’t care about us and they know which Message to read or react to and what not.

My narc never replied to sms where i asked something personal or for advice. Even though it showed that he has seen them. Now i don’t know that if he read them or just ignored them completely at that time.

Will you Write an article about greater and aging?

Ignoring the messages will be either deliberate – silent treatment for instance or not deeming the message worthy of a response because it takes too much time or consideration on the part of the narcissist. Alternatively, it is a consequence of the narcissist being busy about other matters.
      Yes, I will.

2. Bubbles🍾 says:

Dear Mr Tudor,
    My little weasel friend did this to me. It said “read”, yet he said he never got them. They are forever playing games with our heads, one continual jigsaw puzzle…. until we complete it! When I did …. game over “sunshine” (one of his favourite words) which I loathed!
    Very accurate meme indeed

3. It’s just a nightmare … you never know what is truth and what is not. The problem is that they are so utterly believable, and they make you feel so bad should you question them. They make you feel so stupid. They lie and lie and lie, and if you catch them out …. silence and then they’re onto something else. Hideous.

1. Hurt&Confused (but it’s becoming clearer) says:

@howikilledbetty,
      Exactly! They express such self-righteous indignation that it makes you question yourself. “Perhaps I have it wrong?”,you think to yourself. And of course, you want to believe them, you want to give them the benefit of the doubt. You even apologise for doubting them.
      But once that first lie is uncovered, it becomes harder to do so. And for every lie you forgive, there is always another one to discover and every discovery stings. It taints everything.

1. howikilledbetty says:

You’re so right! And they are so very certain .. you feel a fool for questioning them. Everything is a lie. This is my husbands ex-wife that. Because they had two girls together her life is very intertwined with ours. The girls are troubled to say the least and they too tell one lie after another but of course being young, they are more transparent – it’s easier to see the truth. I want to protect them from her, but she is a magnet to them and they lie to protect her! Sorry, I’m rambling … what I really wanted to say was “Thank God for you! You’ve helped me understand.” 💙💙💙

4. Catherine says:

Oh yes. And to think that I on the other hand feel guilty if I read a message and do not answer immediately; especially if I know that the other person is able to see that I’ve read it. Sometimes I even postpone reading messages until there’s time when I’m in a hurry because I don’t want to seem rude or not caring.

1. narc affair says:

Hi catherine im the same way lol

1. Catherine says:

Hi narc affair, yes, it’s like I feel so stupid about it sometimes; I always try to second guess everybodys feelings because I’m so scared of hurting someone and in the end it leaves me completely drained. I guess it’s about our childhood traumas; second guessing a parent not to cause even more trauma. It’s sad and I realise most people don’t act this way. I had a conversation about it with my sister the other day. She reads messages and leave them unanswered for days on end; not in spite at all; I would say she’s a normal on the spectrum; but she just doesn’t realise it could potentially hurt someone if she doesn’t answer. She does eventually answer most of the times and for her it’s not a problem at all.

5. narc affair says:

These social media laws ring so true!! He will either play dumb like he hasnt read it or evade it. Particularly if hes devaluing me and hasnt replied for a few hours then pops up like nothings amiss. A form of silent treatment and gaslighting.

Little Acons – No. 12