The Narcissist’s Social Media Laws – No. 2

soc med 2

This is a meme.

9 thoughts on “The Narcissist’s Social Media Laws – No. 2

1. CVS says:

Hi HG!

Why would a narcissist delete his Facebook account?

My ex narc friend suddenly deleted his Facebook account. As far as I know he is single too.. What’s the point of deleting? I also checked my blocked list, the fake profiles i suspected he uses to stalk/send me random messages were also gone in my blocked list. Now I assumed that those profiles was his, coz the time he deleted his REAL Facebook account, the fake profiles were missing too. So why he would delete Facebook?

Avoiding the provision of information and possibly to provoke.

2. Leigh says:

Very true. My alleged narcissist never once in two years made his live in girlfriend known to the outside world on social media. Sometimes he’d mention her in a Facebook comment. But Even when they were on vacation together he wouldn’t even check her in or tag her in a photo. All of his online female friends had no clue he had a girlfriend. After the broke up and we finally decided to date years later, he did the same to me. I haven’t checked what he’s doing with his new source but I suspect it’s the same.

3. clair says:

HG what is at the bottom of not wanting to put someone who is a significant person in their life on their social media, for years even? even as a devaluation it feels extraordinarily perverse ? My ex, like the other lady, refused to put me on for several years, nor did I have his landline number for 2 years, just his mobile. It seems a pointless exercise to refuse, but continuously he did refuse. And additionally, whilst I have your attention, he continued to promise we would be living together next year, but next year lasted 8 years. I’ve left now. 6 months ago And he is no doubt already with a replacement. His wife he married within 2 years, but me he strung out for over those 8 years, yet I would say he is not someone who likes being on his own. Comments welcome

I recommend you read “The Veiled Primary Source”. It is also possible that you were a Shelf IPSS but I would need more information (through consultation) to make an accurate analysis.

4. Gwyneth says:

Wow. This is the truth. I always thought narcissists wanted to use social media to hurt the last source. But mine wanted to fly under the radar with me. I was confused bc other guys have wanted to show me off. But he said he didn’t want to “add fuel to the fire” (interesting choice of words, in retrospect…) bc he was just finishing up a divorce and his ex was “crazy.” Again, RED FLAG I didn’t see.

With his current supply, he hasn’t posted one thing and it’s been almost 2 years. She initially didn’t post anything (im sure he told her not to bc im crazy…) but now posts stuff with them all the time but he is never tagged. He hasn’t changed his profile pic since we broke up (just him, looking like he’s posing for GQ but he’s not).

So think that means he’s cheating on her too? He isn’t hovering me at all (in fact when she realized he was cheating on us with each other and he decided to stay w her, he got an ORDER OF PROTECTION against me to get her to stay). Have you ever heard of this?? He’s an attorney and knew just what to say to get it -all lies – I have never hurt a fly and never been arrested. He has been arrested to assault on a cop, his ex wife, random fights and numerous DUIs. But since it’s all who you know, the judge granted it.

I suppose it was the best thing ever. Finally guarNteed no contact… but definitely shattered me at the time…

5. mariza says:

dear hg i think my narcissist hacked my social media, it’s about my youtube account, i had something changed in my privacy and history settings, and every time i look it has changed again, i assume it’s not by itself changed, is it normal for a narcissist to do this kind of thing? thank you

It is something a narcissist would do, yes.