The Narcissist’s Social Media Laws – No. 24

soc med 24.jpg

15 thoughts on “The Narcissist’s Social Media Laws – No. 24

1. SMH says:

I got a fake friend request last night, though of course I did not accept it. 1st in awhile because I made it possible again. Don’t tell me I shouldn’t because an old friend I’ve been looking for for ages found me yesterday too and we had no friends in common. I am so glad I am not letting MRN rule my life anymore.

I have to wonder, though, if fake dude was not MRN (I don’t think it was – too much effort for him), who would it be? I mean who actually takes the time to do such things, complete with friends and pictures and basic information?

Another narcissist.

1. SMH says:

Makes sense, HG, thanks.

I got a really weird one last night. It showed up in notifications, not in the friend request box. Someone I did not know (female) suggested I friend someone else I did not know (male). The female was real but we had nothing and no one in common. The male had James Gandolfini profile pics so clearly a fake since Gandolfini is dead (otherwise of course he would want to friend me!!). The name attached to the fake profile also did not come up in a Google search.

I asked my real friends on Fakebook if any had ever had this happen and no one had. Again it is way too convoluted for MRN but ’tis the season for hoovers to begin, so I am being extra vigilant.

2. Lori Lou says:

not everyone of these is them but often it likely is. I just had one that was most likely him. We had 2 mutual friends and I ask both of them if they knew him and they both said no. When I ask this individual how he knew me he said probably saw something I said. There is no way that could be true I comment on neither of those individuals pages. So yeah it was him

2. BrokenRainbow says:

I met my ex somewhere different but he is on facebook now. (like he wasn’t before although it would have been a hidden profile.) He always said he got on facebook to find me after a separation we had. This hit me a lot today. I made a grave mistake and unblocked him. I have been successful at blocking but a important anniversary is coming up. Unfortunately emotional thinking has gotten in the way and I unblocked him. Fuck! He has posts there that hints I emotionally abused him although he does not mention me by name. There is a bit of smearing but the biggest thing is my pics have been removed on his facebook. For years the only pics on there were of me and him. They are now gone. Fuck again! I am a mess. I want to call him but my logical mind says NO. So, what do I do? I did the first thing I thought of and I came here. I figured if anyone could understand where I am at, it would be HG and all of you.

Well done, you are governing your emotional thinking and that should be applauded.

3. BrokenRainbow says:

4. Fuel on the Shelf says:

Electronic access is definitely easier access.

It started with a friend request for me too. He was a friend of a friend so it was easier for him to send that request and establish his rapport as the my friend vouched for him.

Me (to friend): How do you know him?
    Friend: His mom works in the same lawyer office that my boyfriend works in. And he used to work for another law firm in the area so we know a lot of the same people.
    Me: He seems to be coming on a bit strongly!
    Friend: Oh, he’s just got a flirty personality and is like that with everyone. It’s the south and everyone here is friendly like that. He’s harmless!
    Me: Okay then…

The casual online interactions and friendliness continued intermittently for about 7 months or so….then he swooped in out of nowhere with more intensity….

And here I am as I sit here distraught, again, over another ghosting period.

1. Lori says:

FOTS

Are you ready to try and kick this addiction? This is no way for you to live at the hands of an asshole that uses you for money and sex and feels nothing for you.

FOTS believe me when I tell you the day is going to come when you are brutally and completely discarded as if you never existed. It’s going to happen. Do yourself a favor and beat him to it. Every time he’s “ghosting” you he’s not ghosting. He’s engaging with someone else.

1. Fuel on the Shelf says:

“Every time he’s “ghosting” you he’s not ghosting. He’s engaging with someone else.”

I wish I could witness or confirm this somehow. A fly on the wall. I think it would be a much needed kick in my ass to help move me in the direction everyone keeps telling me to head to….

2. Lori says:

FOTS

Believe me even if you saw it with your own two eyes you’d make an excuse to still engage. It’s addiction. You have gotten all the confirmation you need HG has told you and there is no question he is a narcissist. You don’t think you are the only ipss do you? I guarantee you that you are not.

FOTS do this !!! Do it before he does it to you ! He is going to do it whether it’s 2 days. 2 months or 2 years from now it’s going to happen. This is gonna come sooner than later. You have a very naf addiction and I think you need a professional to help you with this. Even if he wasn’t a narc this would be a terrible dead end situation but we know he’s a narc which is even worse. Help yourself ! The quicker you do this this quicker you find someone you can really love and who can love you

Answer me this ? What do you feel you are getting from this ?

3. Lori says:

FOTS

Something just occurred to me. You don’t really accept what he is do you? You mentioned needing proof of someone else. The man has a wife you can’t get much more someone else than that. He has a wife that he has told you he’s not leaving. She is pregnant which means they are having sex why? Because he wants to. She is not raping him that’s why I am saying proof of another someone else would make no difference you have completely dismissed this mans wife yet he chose to marry her and he chooses to stay married to her. That is all the proof you need but I guarantee you there are more ipsss too

FOTS he is not choosing you he never has and never will and honestly you should be glad. I do not think your are ipss or were ever Candidate ipss I think you are DLSIPSS which is why you have lasted this long. I have experienced Candidate and these guys are all over you future faking with they are leaving their wife and they are going to marry you blah blah blah and they are convincing

Did HG classify you as DLS?

2. Christine says:

Leave or don’t. It’s up to you. At this point, you are the only one to blame for any harm you’re suffering. You need other, better ways to get your drama fix.

5. Bubbles🍾 says:

Dear Mr Tudor,
    Chris Watts sent Shannan (his wife) a “friend request” originally … she accepted …. how easy and costly was that

I know a lass whose mother in law is travelling the world meeting scammers who are stripping her of her life savings, all because she just wants to be loved….. she’s 74

I’m glad you use these memes as alarm bells and warnings of your ilk
    Luv Bubbles xx