Lies

lies2

You breathe. I lie. Both come to us naturally. To you, an empathic and caring person who is imbued with the traits of decency, honesty and integrity the act of lying is anathema to you. Even the use of a little white lie as it spills from your lips has you feeling uneasy. You conduct yourself in a way that involves avoiding lying and you would rather stay silent than let an untruth escape your mouth. Not only will you not lie, you detest being lied to. The lie shatters trust. Trust is a fundamental ingredient, in your world, to any relationship, whether it is between spouses, colleagues, parent and child or service provider. Without trust nothing would be achieved and the world would be a darker place. Breaching that trust is a terrible act and where your trust has been broken by the issuing of a lie then you react with horror, anger, upset and dismay. I can think of no better device for drawing an emotional reaction from your kind than the issuing of a lie. Those three letters create a small word but one which has all manner of repercussions. From the lies that accompany infidelity which strikes at the core of the relationship, to the lies told by those in power to remain a demagogue and achieve political expediency, the effect of not telling the truth is substantial and enormous. Lying results in damage. Lie to your friends and you lose their respect, lie in a court and you commit perjury, lie about your circumstances and you commit fraud, lie to your children and you begin to warp their world, lie to your other half and you destroy a part of them. A small word which packs a thermonuclear punch. So easy to say, so simple to use and the effects can be devastating. No wonder my kind and me relish its use. Economical and effective, no other tool comes close to the power of telling lies and this is why we use them repeatedly, often and extensively.

The advantage of their use is by telling you a Long Involved Explanation we lead you up the garden path and around the houses causing you to become confused and bewildered. The advantage to us is that the terrible truth of what we do becomes Lost In Explaining what we have done by use of our convoluted and twisted diatribes. We tell untruths from the moment that we seduce you as we detail to you our Lovely Ideas Embellished with falsehood about how we will achieve a promotion in under six months, climb Mount Everest and interior design our new impressive home. The fact is that we are fantasists who exaggerate our achievements and our plans so that the Lucid Ideas Expand beyond reality. The use of lies assists us in evading the finger of blame. You will try and catch us our but there is never a Lapse In Exposition as we weave an ever more complex web in which we wish to ensnare you, leaving us untarnished. You look on in astonishment as Laughing I’m Escaping accountability yet again. No matter what I have done, no matter how heinous the activity I will allow untruths to spill from my lips with consummate ease so that I remain in control, superior and blame-free. Often it will be a short and bare-faced lie, designed to have you speechless with incredulity as I walk away Laughing Inside Energetically at your shocked face. On other occasions, I will engage in the shaggy dog story, going round and round, adding more and more to the tale so that I Lovingly Insinuate Eventually that you are the one to blame and this makes you react all the more. How can we have the audacity to say such things and turn the blame onto you? Look It’s Easy, we have no sense of remorse or guilt for the things that we say. You are burdened with a conscience and a moral compass that causes you to steer a path so you always stick to the road of truth. We have no such compass. We do not have a conscience and this allows us to weave and twist, taking our explanations into the realms of the fantastic. Whether we are boasting and bragging about what we are or seeking to escape culpability we will lie incessantly. You will plead with me to tell the truth. You will promise that there will be no upshot, no comeback and no consequence you just, for once want to hear us speak the truth. You know the truth but you want me to tell you, so you can hear it for once. Like I’m Ever going to do that. Why should I give you something that you want? Why should I cede control to you ? Most of all, why should I give up the opportunity of gathering fuel from you? This is why we lie extensively, even when the truth might actually serve us better (better when judged from your viewpoint of course – not ours) we will gain fuel. Our twisted lies always cause you to react and provide us with fuel. If a situation is Lacking In Emotion we know that all it takes is for us to tell you a lie, the bolder the better, the more brazen and ridiculous it is the greater your reaction will be because you hate lies and you hate being lied to. As you stand before me frustrated and upset, I am Laughing I’m Escaping yet again any responsibility for my actions. I will smother you in untruths, layer lie upon lie, Literally It’s Engulfing you in falsehood so that you no longer even recognise the truth, such is the level of distortion. We lie to everyone. The man in the corner shop about how many goals we scored at football, lies at work to cover our backs and to plunge knives into the backs of others. Lies to a friend about how much we like him just to keep the Little Idiot Entertained. Repeatedly we will lie to you to ensure you remain Locked In Entanglement with us and cannot escape. We use lies to express our false sorrow, our faux remorse and our promises to change just so you will not Leave In Earnest. We show-off with lies in a crowd to bring the spotlight back on to us as we talk over other people because we Like Interrupting Everyone. The lie is a Limitless Invigorating Example of what we really are. A fraudster, a charlatan, a con-man and a pathological liar. We know no other way and we have no desire to embrace any other way. I will always lie, I am Loving It Everyday because it furthers my schemes, underpins my ambitions, avoids accountability and brings me fuel again and again.

I am always telling lies.

And that’s the only truth.

39 thoughts on “Lies

1. Drifa says:

Thank you!

You are welcome.

2. Drifa says:

Remarkable species….an to have been so close to one, still hunts me almost every day and I’m still trying to heal ,for the past five years!
    Good blog HG

Thank you.

3. Victoria says:

There’s a Seinfield episode where George says “It’s not a lie if you believe it.”

4. ava101 says:

“This is just how I am. I am just being myself. Maybe I’m not the right person for you if you have problems with who I am”, is classic Mid Range … what exactly?

5. Candyce Marie Mathews Cox says:

You Lavishly Involve Evil throughout this post. Well done.

Thank you.

6. J.G says:

Hello H.G Tudor

Today I’ve been weighing on emotional thinking and how bad it is for narcissistic victims. And it is that this is the great problem apart from an endless number of other things added to this problem. As for example the chemistry and certain drugs and hormones that our brains produce due to the treatment and effect “yo-yo” in the narcissistic relation. That hellish tug-of-war makes us addicted to these drugs and that’s why we don’t easily leave the narcissist.
    We, the victims, as you say, are absolute believers in Love and this thought is really a little absurd if you think about it in a rational way. I suppose it’s some kind of infantile lack and other faults.
    Usually, the narcissistic victim believing in Love is thinking this way all the time.
    Usually the narcissistic victim really sees and thinks this way and I’m going to write the lyrics of a song for you to see what the victim usually feels after the discard or as you say the decommitment.

[Lyrics of “Give Me Stars Or Lemons”]

[Chorus]
    I would like to be with you, I would like to be a planet
    Turning around you, you would erase my tracks
    Because you are the star of my heart
    Crossing the sky of our love
    I like to look at your funny face when you drink lemon

[See 1]
    To be able to forget some very very great sorrow
    I will kiss you in a spiral when nobody looks
    I hear so many lies and so much song
    That makes me laugh with my childish laughter
    And they make me think what a silly life and how big your love is

And it’s true that as planets we just get out of our orbit. It is such the force of attraction that you exert on the victims helped of course these by the chemicals and hormones segregated by our brains that create dependence on the narcissist.

Dopamine: is liberated in our brains in the golden age, romantic appointments, sexual pleasure, praise etc. We release more dopamine during reconciliation in devaluation.
    Dopamine is a neurotransmitter responsible for cocaine addiction and also for relationships with dangerous partners. Both drugs and intense memories activate the production of these chemicals and hormones.

Oxytocin: the hormone of Love and the bond is the hormone that unites mother and child at birth and also unites us to men who do not deserve us. Oxytocin creates the bond with our narcissists. Intimate relationships with them also release oxytocin that promotes attachment and trust.

Cortisol and Adrenaline: are also produced that regulate our reactions to stressful situations that are triggered in the relationship with our narcissists.
    Oxytocin, adrenaline and cortisol work together to consolidate memories based on fear and therefore painful memories of abandonment and intimacy with our narcissists are more difficult to erase from our mind.

It is for this reason and extremely important for the victim to come out of the relationship with our narcissist, to contact Zero.
    In the first place because we are addicted to this type of drugs for the time we have been in the relationship 3-5-10-15 years.
    The narcissists do not have powers over natural or any of this, but they have the ability to enhance the production of these chemicals and hormones in their victims. For their extreme behavior in the toxic relationship with us, their tug-of-war, their Yo-Yo effect.
    So as drug addicts we must get safe and make zero contact.
    Also narcissists are addicted to their fuel, their drug that we generate with our attention, but the difference is that they can get their drug from many different people.

It is important to come out of Emotional thinking with our narcissists.and see reality, we always see the positive side of things, the good side. But if you analyze it rationally and coldly, really nothing good the narcissist brings into our lives.
    They are our drug pusher
    It is very good to know all the narcissistic themes but we must also work on ourselves.
    On many occasions we ourselves are the cause of our own misfortunes. Because as H.G. Tudor says, we ourselves are the captains of our own ships.
    As Socrates said: “Know yourself” and you will be free.
    Then you will be able to say what this song says.

[Lyrics to “Who do you think I am?”]

[Verse 1]
    Something tells me you’re wrong again.
    Or maybe someone’s giving you a gas light.
    Make yourself seen and try to reflect
    Think about it, change your compass, I don’t ask for more.
    I don’t ask for more, nothing more

[Pre-chorus 1]
    You’re not gonna play with me.
    There are things that are going to change
    I don’t need any more of you
    Don’t sell me any more smoke

[Chorus]
    I’m gonna brag, I’m gonna be right.
    I’m going to deny, I’m going to say no

[Verse 2]
    Someone tells me that you say I’m terrible (crazy)
    I know you like to think that without you it’s normal
    For once he admits it’s not true.
    Leave it, you won’t win, I don’t ask for more.
    I don’t ask for more, nothing more

[Pre-chorus 2]
    Everything ends badly with you
    There’s nothing to fix.
    I don’t need any more of you
    I still have pride left

[Chorus]
    I’m gonna brag, I’m gonna be right.
    I’m going to deny, I’m going to say no

[Chorus]
    I don’t ask for more, nothing more
    I’m gonna brag, I’m gonna be right.
    I’m going to deny, I’m going to say no

7. NarcDisguarder says:

“I am always telling lies. And that’s the only truth.”

Don’t you guys just! not to mention push every button you can, but at least HG you are if there is such a phrase an ‘honest liar’.

True.

8. CSue says:

Separate subject but maybe not. Paid for a consult only to never hear from HG. If it was a test, I failed and it cost me $150.00.

I am pleased you have commented.

I have emailed you, at least twice responding to your payment. I suspect you are not receiving the e-mails. I recommend you check your spam folder and/or create a new e-mail address and advise me of it. I can send you the next steps to that e-mail and forward the earlier e-mails that I sent so you know I have responded.

2. foolme1time says:

CSue This happened to me recently and I found HGs emails in my spam folder responding to my payment.

9. Katalina says:

Hi HG, have you ever mentioned Aspergers? They seem to be like a third cathegory, but I consider them more empaths. They just have no cognitive empathy, only emotional? Like a misguided empath. They are so honest and they are somehow immune for the many strategies of narcs, so I know at least two examples, where narcs wanted to get rid of them and succeeded unfortunately. They are incorruptible, they are fearless to tell what they see and so might expose a narc. I as an Geyser empath feel attracted to them, too, as they seem to be strong and independent like an overt narc, just that it is real. How would Mr. Spock have handled a narc?

PS: Sorry, I didn’t find a cathegory for Aspergers, so I just put this under your most recent text.

Hello Katalina, I have not addressed Aspergers.

1. Twilight says:

My eldest granddaughter was diagnosed with Aspergers. Her and I spent much of this past winter together alongside with my granddaughter that has been in therapy for what the doctors say are signs of antisocial behavior. It has been interesting when both of these young ladies have been in the same room.

1. Katalina says:

What happened?

1. Twilight says:

Katalina

They do not get along, once things are triggered they have to be kept apart.

10. J.G says:

Hello, H.G. Tudor.
    Again lies and more lies, the bad thing about this is that we do not realize that you are the father of pinocchio, Gepeto the great puppeteer … You are a new improved version of Pinocchio. Pinocchio 5.0 to those who do not grow the nose.
    I don’t want to ask you what grows? hahahahaha.
    In some cases not even that, grows .. hahahahaha.

11. Presque Vu says:

‘I will smother you in untruths, layer lie upon lie, Literally It’s Engulfing you in falsehood so that you no longer even recognise the truth, such is the level of distortion.’

It’s hard to read but I understand now and why.
    I have learned some really valuable lessons so thank you for that.
    I think what surprised me was the extent, the depth of them. I truly must build my defenses because i have none!

You are welcome.

12. Abe Moline says:

Hi.

This is unrelated (I think), but just wanted to ask about it since I could not find any related information. Is it possible to have fun about this all, even maybe together with the narcissist?

I mean, I think I’ve been into a (short) relationship with a narcissist, I was a secondary intimate source or whatever it’s called, recently discarded, no contact for a few weeks (but the situation is that I will surely meet her again, probably soon). Along many other emotions I had regarding this entire situation, one of them is laughing. I guess I didn’t have it that bad… A lot of heartache, but otherwise I managed not to lose anything else important (self esteem, my family, money, job).
    I don’t hold any grudge against her (although I understand why others would)… I learned a lot, and I am still learning, from this. I managed to see a part of myself and of the world that I never thought about. I became better and stronger from all this.

So my reasoning is this – this is all foolish, when looked at from a normal person’s point of view… So why not have a good laugh about it? Is the narcissist capable of seeing the irony of it all? The crazy interdependence? The ridiculousness of her own behavior, and of our reactions? She is an intelligent person, why can’t she see how all this is so funny? I was such a fool, a stupid one, and I admit it, and for me, after I got over the normal hit upon my ego, I just can’t help laughing about myself (and her) when thinking about it. I would like to laugh about it also with her, but I guess this is not possible, and it’s a bit saddening…

Laughing about it Abe Moline can be one way of coping with the nature of the ensnarement because after all, certain elements of it do appear entirely laughable from your perspective. Of course, to many others the impact of their ensnarement is far from amusing to them.

13. ava101 says:

HG,
    in what way do you feel / hear / react to rhythm (of music of course)?

I move in time with the ole snake hips!

The ruthum is going to get you.

Is Gloria still going?

I knew you’d catch that despite my typo. You never disappoint.

2. Hairy Little Empath says:

Did I hear Ole snake hips?

3. Chihuahuamum says:

Youd give elvis the pelvis a run for his money HG 😄

He’d certainly be all shook up.

14. Butterfly says:

I lie to! But only to your kind, not to the rest…

15. DEMBunny says:

Lol so true
    My LMR once told a boring lie about missing a bus to work and waking there instead. Pointless. Five minutes later his work buddy walked past us and said how they missed him at work today (?!)
    There was ZERO need to lie – I didn’t give a shit if he worked or bussed or walked. It was the USLESSNESS of the lie that struck me.

My MMR once told me he doesn’t lie to his loved ones…right as he’s in bed with me (the DLS, ffs) after just in front of me lying to his mom on the phone about what he did that day.

1. J says:

My MR once lied about being at a coffee shop for 15 minutes instead of 90. No reason at all. It was completely random that I even saw him there and couldn’t have cared less if he’d said 5 minutes or 6 hours. Still, he definitely lied. They lie like they breathe. Don’t even need a reason.

16. Gina says:

I learned to identify the line of bull quite soon and quite easily. Regardless of the nature of the “conversation” I began saying in a bland tone, “Don’t lie.” Of course this was initially met with rageful indignance, “How dare you speak to me in such a way!” Later it seemed to be a point of pride for such cleverness and garnered an, “I guess you caught me, har, har!” At last it has become indifference, “I will say what I say and it matters not what you think, feel, want, or need.” Insanity.

17. Omj says:

There is something that brings detachment over time and it is those lies.
    The first lies are like a blizzard in our body. I remembering feeling like frozen inside. Like if my blood was freezing rain.
    My whole body was under anesthesia.
    And then lie after lie, my blood came back to normal.
    Now I take for granted that you are lying.
    I never believe anything.
    But I pretend I do. Sad.
    I don’t fight it.
    I collect the evidence for me as a proof of my sanity.
    I know that you lie.
    You know that I know that you lie.
    So, sometimes you say the truth or a verifiable truth.
    You make sure you leave evidences.
    I never look at them- they are proofs of my insanity.
    Sad but my blood runs normally now, sleeping quietly, knowing that this is just a big lie. Sad.

1. Bekah B says: