Sting In The Tale

STING IN THE TALE

Following the lunch with Lesley I left her at the restaurant table with my parting gift and exited onto the street outside. I reflected, as I made my way back to the office, that it had been interesting to see her once again after the hiatus especially after she thought she had managed to get away last time with what she had done. I had to concede she did look well and as ever always managed to place a positive spin on her life so as to provide the appearance of doing well. That was a particular forte of hers. She was quite the mistress of spin and she did it to a lot of people. I mean a lot of people. I walked along the busy street and wondered how soon it would be before I would hear from her after my final masterstroke. I glanced at my ‘phone a couple of times as I walked in case a text or call manifested from her but so far there was nothing. I pictured her sat in the restaurant with the box still in her hands, her carefully manufactured world crumbling after this howitzer from yours truly. I knew she would not react with anger. That was never her style. She always wanted to portray the picture of pleasantness, that outwardly good appearance which masked her far darker nature. She walked the world maintaining that air of being squeaky clean when I knew the truth. After all, you cannot con the master con-artist can you? That was how I worked her out the first time around and I was the only one who had but I did.

I returned to my office and attended to a couple of telephone messages which appeared to be urgent. I was distracted though from my conversations with these clients as I was anticipating the come back from Lesley. I knew it would come. I knew what she was like and I knew she would not be able to resist responding. She always wanted to have the last word. She always wanted to make sure that everybody still loved her, thought highly of her and that her carefully constructed day-to-day appearance remained pristine and intact. My eyes flicked back and forth to my e-mail inbox as I spoke on the ‘phone and then there was a flash of a new e-mail arriving bearing her name. I felt a surge of anticipation and silently urged the client I was speaking to, to hurry up so I could end the call and open the e-mail. Eventually the call ended and I clicked onto the e-mail ready to devour its content.

“Dear HG

I had thought you agreeing to meet for lunch was evidence that you had forgiven me and moved on, but I realise now how foolish I am to think you would ever do that. I should have realised that you would still find some way to hurt me even after all this time and you did, no doubt you will be revelling in that victory. You always do like to win. Once again I am sorry for what I did. I thought that since it was not mentioned at lunch then you had consigned it to history but I ought to have known better. I can only repeat that I am sorry. Your brother forgave me, why can’t you? I guess that is why you did what you did, for your brother. I just want you to forgive me and leave me be.That is all I want. Can you not do that, please?

Lesley”

I read the e-mail again and was pleased that she at least had the awareness to realise exactly why she had been treated as she had. I had wondered if she would maintain that she had done nothing wrong. I typed a response.

“Dear Lesley,

What you did to my brother was both inexcusable and unforgiveable.

There is your answer.

HG”

I sent the e-mail and leant back in my chair. I wondered if she would dare come near my tractor beam again or whether this time she would finally learn?

28 thoughts on “Sting In The Tale

1. Abw Flying says:

Mr Tudor ,

Why is your forgiveness so important to her ? She seems to value/ care more about yours than about your brother’s.
    What was her real intention?
    Get you back in her bed?

She recognises now the danger I pose.

2. Sniglet says:

Your answer to Lesley was very succinct, polite and thoughtful. I like it very much.

1. Sarah Jane says:

Not sharp, cold and to the point?

3. Joanne says:

Can someone point us noobs to the Lesley backstory? I only know her as “it girl” but don’t know why she is referred to as such.

Joanne
      IT’s (haha) in the book Elated and Eroded.

1. Joanne says:

NA – lol 😉😉

2. nunya biz says:

Does that explain the part about his brother?

2. K says:

Joanne
      There is more about Lesley in this article. This is a good example of a malign hoover.

4. Indy says:

Oh, it’s “it” girl! Is she one of your kind or just a garden variety mean girl? How you describe her makes me suspect a level of narcissistic traits. If she is a narcissist, she will hoover. You know that much. Tho you clearly wounded her, so it will be awhile. Just based on your teaching of things. It indeed was horrible how she humiliated your brother.

1. Twilight says:

Hello Indy

How have you been?

1. Indy says:

Hi Twilight,
        I’ve been well, thank you. Have some hoovers though I think I’m locked down good so my emotional thinking doesn’t get me into flight panic mode.

How are you? So nice to see a familiar face 🙂

1. Twilight says:

Hi Indy

Glad to hear your well and got your ET under control. Mine is running a muck at the moment. Someone in my real life has triggered the hell out of me and being here is to much to take on alongside of what I am feeling. It has been a long time sense I have felt the way to I do. I am literally on the verge of tears.

I am sorry I popped in and saw you were back and wanted to say hi.

1. Indy says:

Oh Twilight (virtual hug vibe to you), I’m sorry you are going through that inreal life. Being in that place is so hard on our hearts and minds. If you haven’t already, put a selfcare kit together and limit the exposure as much as you can, if you can…or limit the stressors from others if you can. I didn’t think I could be triggered as I was well on my way in my healing when I had a double whammy hoover from two exes in the same week. It sent me into a panic. HG helpedcalm me a lot and helped me tighten up my NC better too. So, I’m popping in for a “tune up” and to catch up. I’m glad you said hi, no need to apologize:)

2. foolme1time says:

Twilight, I am so sorry to hear of the hurt you are going through! Please take care of yourself and know we are thinking of you and sending you are strength! I’m also sending along a hug! 🤗

5. J.G THE ONE says:

Hello, H.G. Tudor.
    I have always thought that many of the actions of the narcissist are actually mere lessons from the narcissistic point of view.
    I do this so that you learn not to do harm. The difference is that maybe the empath does it unconsciously, but the narcissist does it consciously, with coldness and a lot of malignity, secrecy and silence. For this reason, many of the lessons are never learned and go unnoticed by the victim.
    This post proves it.
    Maybe Lesley made unforgivable mistakes and even though she recognized them and asked for forgiveness. Even that’s not what you want to hear. It takes a lot more, humiliating and dragging to be able to feel elevated a little more.
    Isn’t this a lesson that was applied to Lesley? Even if through this lesson to her, you would get the desired fuel.
    By the way and out of curiosity could you reveal what was in the box?
    I suppose it would be your brother’s engagement ring.

6. Christopher Jackson says:

I feel like she learned but at the same time she knows how you are I dont think she will do anything out of character

7. K says:

HG
    OH SNAP! You got Lesley good with the Blu-ray. It was brilliant, when you think about it.

1. Renarde says:

Oh… Lesley must have been the ‘IT’ girl, right?

Bizarre woman and I am actually really surprised you even bothered yourself with her HG unless it was always to gain revenge for what she did to your brother.

No Empath would ever bully another like that so yes, it was unforgivable. You in the above describe her as the Mistress of spin – yeah.. an Empath wouldn’t do that either. The screeches of ‘facade management’ and control.

And why is she seeking your forgiveness again?

Was she REALLY an Empath?

1. Saskia says:

Renarde

I asked a similar question some weeks ago based on what I read about Lesley’s breathtakingly despicable behaviours towards Lennox in Elated and Eroded and other pieces before I found the following comment by HG:

malignnarc
        MAY 19, 2016 AT 09:31
        She had some empathic traits but not was not an empath.

That still surprised me but I acknowledge that what we read about her might be just one facet of her personality that does not take her behaviours with a wide range of people and in different contexts into account.

I agree with you that she seems eager to maintain her façade hence why I interpreted her apologies as, first and foremost, driven by the desire to polish the same rather than authentic remorse. But then again – people are complex, are capable of ‚doing wrong‘ and matters are seldom black and white.

1. K says:

Thank you for that Saskia!
          Ha! There was no way she could have been an empath after what she did to Lennox.

I read the thread and this comment made me laugh; I would never want to make it into the HG line up!

malignnarc
          MAY 19, 2016 AT 10:17
          I don’t wish to spoil it for those who have yet to read it Cody. If you read the explanation it is abundantly clear why she made it into the HG line up.

2. Renarde says:

Agree – it’s difficult and like K has said, I struggle to understand how Lesley behaved. It was just wrong. Did she deserve it? Yeah, I think so. She might think twice about being so cruel again.

2. K says:

Exactly Renarde!
        No empath would behave like she did.

1. pavotdeschamps says:

Hello K, I have meant to ask you if you would please direct me to information regarding empaths as being personality disordered? What material have you used, if any, when discussing this with your children? Regards.

1. K says:

Hi pavotdeschamps
            There is nothing official about empaths being personality disordered, however, if you look up cluster behaviours, you will find that empaths could easily fall into the Cluster B category. The link below references a PBS cartoon called Caillou and discusses how empathy isn’t always a good thing.

“Just keep on trying to make him like you, Caillou!”

My empath friend allows narcissistic children (one is a narcissistic psychopath, I think) to abuse her empathic son and daughter (twins). My friend is dysfunctional in so many ways because of her empathy and she has been officially declared disabled.

I have three children and I transfer everything I learn from narcsite/HG’s books/YouTube re: empaths and narcissists to them.

2. pavotdeschamps says:

K, you sure follow-through with an article that starts with – There’s a new « it » word that seems to be everywhere lately. If it is a coincidence, it is brilliant all the same. LOL

1. K says:

My pleasure, pavotdeschamps
            Ha ha ha…”it” was purely serendipitous!

3. Lori says:

Most people “spin” empaths included. In fact I’d say empaths are the Queen of spin we often spin things in a positive way. Narcs are the King they spin many ways positive, negative and evil

It is spin that allows the empath sink deeply into a relationship with a marc.

No Contact