Unbelievable (And How To Tackle It)

Unbelievable

Narcissists have a different world view to you. Failing to understand this results in the behaviour which seems entirely appropriate from our perspective, being confusing, bewildering and utterly unbelievable from your perspective.

This results in the use of flawed logic, bad decisions and continued ensnarement with the narcissist.

To understand how the behaviour is unbelievable and importantly what you can do about it, use the link below.

Get this handy guide

10 thoughts on “Unbelievable (And How To Tackle It)

1. Dearest HG: Yes. So Unbelievable. After all this, I can believe just about anything about people and their behaviour. I am living in a brave new world.

2. Narc noob says:

This was a great post.

So true! …..”The power of this lack of believability and the effect of disbelief are substantial and they act as double hammer blows against your recovery.”

HG, I actually got a bigger blow when I came here and you enquired about my “evidence”. Not just once but it was reiterated throughout the audio consult I had. I was taken aback. I wanted guidance but instead my boat of believability was rocked some more. Perhaps you ask everyone the same?

Yes I do, because evidence is key. Your ET affects your perception and causes you numerous problems, too detailed and numerous to explain further here.

2. FYC says:

Hi NN, Please forgive my intrusion here, but this may be of assistance.

There is noting wrong with emotions. Emotions can bring us joy but also bring us pain. Emotions can inform and guide us, but can also overwhelm and confuse us. Emotions are an integral part of the human experience, but not the whole.

We may initially be motivated by our emotions, but to be effective, we must engage reason and logic. Reason and logic founded upon evidence (not emotions) helps us to see a subject/issue/problem clearly, avoid confusion and bias and help us make sound choices. Another benefit of evidentiary reason is, it provides a basis for obtaining a predictable result. Emotions, on the other hand, are fluid and unpredictable.

When you seek advice from a person driven by logic (or especially in this case, an intellectual person with NPD and APD), they are not given to using emotional reasoning and will seek logical evidence for any emotionally based assertions.

For your own well-being and effectiveness, embrace your emotions for what they offer, but always immediately employ logic and evidence-based reason to gain clarity so that you can attain your desired outcome.

I realize being asked for evidence may feel invalidating, but it is not meant for that purpose. It is a communications tool used to invite reason and logic based upon fact, instead of relying upon emotional perception alone.

Here is a non-scientific article on how emotions work:

I hope this was helpful.

FYC
        100 likes.

1. FYC says:

2. Narc noob says:

Thank you FYC. I understand and agree that emotions can be used against us. I think another poster here commented earlier that they didn’t know what emotional responses they really had until they met their perpetrator. I’m sure other people can testify to the same fate!

The evidence is still being asked of me occasionally but due to being frustrated with the outcome of where that would normally go, I learned to shut my mouth a long time ago. ET, truth and justice still gets the better of me sometimes. The people who are close enough know, but the others don’t matter.

3. wounded says:

What I can’t get over is how on point this piece is. Whether I am tangling with a narc, a narcissistic personality, or a manipulative person these rules all apply.

1. PrincessSuperEmpath says:

Wounded. Yes! Yes! Yes! I have been thinking the same thing. I am so glad you said it! I have seen so much of my entire life and interactions with people since my childhood unfold clearly before me now. Things that I have not posted on here, and it is not necessary to do so, for me, but, It is like finding the Main Domino of all human behavior, and then pushing it and watching all the other behaviors fall down, as well….plunk, plunk, plunk, and plunk. Ahhhhh…..They can no longer stand brazenly before me in mystery. They are all down for the count, and I can now easily walk around and peruse them all, at will, without challenge or friction. It is like, once you learn trigonometry, ordinary arithmetic is a sweet piece of cake, etc. etc. HG Tudor`s work is So Clarifying about so many people and their behavior. So very satisfying. Especially for me.