All In The Eyes

ALL IN THE

The eyes are one of our powerful weapons. I hear so many comments made about my eyes.
“I saw the world in your eyes.”
“Everything I ever wished for, I could see in your eyes.”
“I’ve never known anyone give me such a malevolent stare.”
“You are dead behind the eyes.”
“That hollow look you give me, chills me inside.”
“Your reptilian, empty stare always unnerved me.”
When we first engage with you, we are able to reflect back at you want you desperately want. Hope, optimism, desire and trust are all mirrored in our eyes. Do not be mistaken and think that we generate those looks. We do not. All we are doing is ensuring that you see what you want to see in order to ensnare you. This mirroring serves two purposes. Firstly, it shows you what you crave for and makes us all the more attractive to you. Secondly, it masks the empty void that truly exists. Whilst my kind and me learn how to behave and act, we mimic the way in which we are expected to respond in the most favourable manner, we do not truly feel any of those things and we cannot generate it in our eyes. Everything else we are able to simulate – the laugh, the smile, the look of surprise, the intonation of elation in our voices. We have carefully crafted these facsimiles of your emotions but managing to do so in our eyes has always eluded us. We cannot fall at the first hurdle however and have you see through our charade. Accordingly, we have managed to master the mirroring technique. You want that love and hope so badly you will see it in us when you are really just seeing yourself. We hold your gaze for longer than anyone else. You are conned into thinking this is just demonstrating the intensity of our desire for you. It is not. We must look directly into your eyes to shine back at you that which you send towards us. Should we look way, the reflection may fail and we must always have you in our eye.
As with all of our pretence we are unable to maintain this deceit for long. The mirror breaks and the shards of reflection fall away leaving the chasm of emotionlessness behind. The barren hinterland beyond our eyes is all that is left, bereft of anything at all. That is why in the later stages you will see nothing when you look at us. We cannot generate those real emotions and our mirror has now failed. Our real gaze is all that is left, cold, empty and lifeless. People often remark about how the eyes are the window to the soul. Our soul left long ago and that is why you look into dead, uncaring eyes. Even though our mouth is upturned in a smile, the crows feet at the sides crease and the brow rises, our eyes betray us. Glacial and sterile they show the reality of what we are; devoid of positive emotion and spiritually bankrupt.
All that we are able to muster is hatred. Our loathing of this unjust world is so intense that it will break through when we wish to direct that hatred against you. That is when the emptiness vanishes and instead you are subjected to our laser-like, pinpoint accurate malevolent stare. I mentioned in the recollection about the cookie jar, how I had practised my withering stare one summer. This is the precursor to our malice, our antipathy and our scorn. With consummate ease we will call on it to intimidate you and signal our contempt for you. It is powerful, unwavering and unsettling. To be on the receiving end of our hateful stare is not a pleasant experience. We muster such power with our eyes, to seduce you and then to break you, but the reality is that we only have three settings. The mirror, the void and the hatred. There is nothing else. That is all that our eyes have.

14 thoughts on “All In The Eyes

1. Tamara says:

I’ve seen all eye colors on Narcissists look flat and lifeless, or full of rage… green, brown, blue, and gray. And, I’ve seen all eye colors on normal people look full of life, love, concern, and soulful… deep brown, gray, blue, green, and hazel.

2. lisk says:

The eyes don’t have it . . . .

3. Beatriz Elena says:

If your anger is a reaction to the world’s injustice (valid observation and appropriate emotional response), are your behaviors counteracting the wave or adding to it? Are you joining the “enemy” you can’t beat? Mind you, being the General still places you in a camp which unconsciously primes you.

P.S. Not all empaths are inherently mushy, love-sick pawns. There are far more genetic, cultural, and personality factors at play. More on the usefulness and limitations of labels and architypes later. It’s an important key that requires due consideration and integration.

Nobody has stated that all empaths are mushy love-sick pawns, some are because their Love Devotee trait is very high, others are not. Off the top of my head, NA, SMH, K, Mona, Desiree, Alexis2016 do not fall within that category and that is just a very quick list.

1. Desirée says:

Heard my name and…my nose is tingling. Was I accused of being mushy? wEll cOmE fIgHt Me tHeN!! I’ll choke you out with my tiny hands!! I’ll do it!! *waves her tiny kitten paws* *hisses feverishly*
        I’ll squeeze your arteries, you’ll be brain dead in four minutes! *puffs up* *punches the screen*
        Kitty has claws, y’know.

1. MB says:

Desiree, you’re adorable!

1. Desirée says:

MB, an adorable murderous ninja kitten. I lurk in the shadows at night, waiting for narcs and wrong-doers to pass me. Then sprint through the darkness and lUnGe aT ThEm!
            Last thing they see? My soft, bushy tail, glinting in the moonlight, as I sCrAtCh ThEiR fUcKiNg EyEs oUt ThOsE DiRtY bAsTaRdS gO rOtT In hEll!!
            Then prance away in peace. Bit of paw-licking and self-cleaning, too. One must maintain appearances.

4. Beatriz Elena says:

Good afternoon.

Emotions are not generated they are our biological responses to internal and external stimuli.

You have emotions but you’ve severed your relationship to them, leaving only the unabating anger that refuses to be ignored. The resulting despotic personality is the embodiment of a clever yet cruel defense mechanism. Your whole drive and the resulting life created by it is all about managing one emotion – fear.

Cerebral narcissism is fascinating to me for personal and intellectual reasons. It’s coping mechanism is to represent feelings as abstract concepts.

Brilliant minds are comfortable with ideas because they spend so much time in that space.

Don’t fool yourself.

It’s not a sign of having evolved beyond the need to have “silly” feelings that drive people to do insane things. It’s another version of silly and insane things. You cannot divorce yourself from your feelings without paying some serious emotional and relational prices. But the young mind doesn’t know this, it just adapts to survive. And when it’s in the clear it devours itself if we don’t keep mindfulness watch. Think autoimmune diseases. Same dynamic.

Enjoy your evening.

Big Little Eyes

I’m sensing a theme……

6. BonnieLou says:

I wish I could post photos here, I’ve got the evidence of Love bomb eyes and devalue/discard eyes…the difference is frightening!!!

7. KellyD says:

I call them Raggedy Andy eyes

Do expand

1. KellyD says:

Like black buttons. No depth.
        •v•

2. Desirée says:

Kelly, I just googled it. That is quite accurate, actually. Although I seem to have noticed it being less obvious with brown-eyed narcs as opposed to blue, green, hazel, grey etc. maybe because the pupil blends in better, not sure what it is.